Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... 20:44 - Aug 9 with 2781 viewsITFCBlues

On their Facebook live video. Announcement at 9.

Fee around 1.25m!!

Excellent business!!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:44 - Aug 9 with 2424 viewsSpruceMoose

Not a bad piece of business if true.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:45 - Aug 9 with 2403 viewswkj

If true we got a tidy little return on him, I wonder if any of that is owed to rangers though, one would assume they might have put that clause on him

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:46 - Aug 9 with 2385 viewsitfcjoe

Had we sold him for any less than £750k we paid for him I'd have been a bit p155ed off - but a decent enough fee.

Thanks to Mick again...!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:46 - Aug 9 with 2379 viewspointofblue

£1.25m?! That's much better than I expected!

Back in with a better offer for Oshilaja on loan tomorrow with a permanent deal in January? And I guess we might want another striker unless Hurst rates Morris - to be fair the latter looked very lively against Blackburn.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:46 - Aug 9 with 2370 viewsTrumptonBlue

Blimey, I'd sell him five times for that much.
EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:47 - Aug 9 with 2338 viewsSpruceMoose

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:46 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

Back in with a better offer for Oshilaja on loan tomorrow with a permanent deal in January? And I guess we might want another striker unless Hurst rates Morris - to be fair the latter looked very lively against Blackburn.

Well, ITFC are going to have to spend some of it on the free shirts they are giving out to those people who got Waghorn and Garner on the back of this year's shirts.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:47 - Aug 9 with 2341 viewsPJH

I don't think the "We've got Joey Garner" song ever got sung properly, always some singing extra lines or something.
Dave Clark Five did it best.
EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:47 - Aug 9 with 2338 viewswkj

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:46 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

I have a feeling Hurst will be looking at the prem for a loanee, The wimbledon lad isn't terrible, but I doubt he would be a regular feature for us.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:52 - Aug 9 with 2237 viewspointofblue

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:47 - Aug 9 by wkj

I have a feeling Hurst will be looking at the prem for a loanee, The wimbledon lad isn't terrible, but I doubt he would be a regular feature for us.

He won't be seen as a regular straight away though, is he? He'll be first reserve behind Chambers and Nsiala, getting some game time in the cups and when injuries/suspensions dictate.

Hurst's opinions on loans is quite forthright as he won't take on players who MUST play as part of the agreement so it'll be interesting to see who he may approach. Manchester United, Wolves and Burnley all loaned him players last year so they must be happy with that view; they may be starting points to consider.

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:53 - Aug 9 with 2203 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Alan Nixon just confirmed Garner to Wigan for fee around 1m.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:54 - Aug 9 with 2186 viewsDanTheMan

Wasn't expecting anything over 1mil.

Still, need another striker now, along with a centre back.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:56 - Aug 9 with 2159 viewswkj

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:52 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

He won't be seen as a regular straight away though, is he? He'll be first reserve behind Chambers and Nsiala, getting some game time in the cups and when injuries/suspensions dictate.

Hurst's opinions on loans is quite forthright as he won't take on players who MUST play as part of the agreement so it'll be interesting to see who he may approach. Manchester United, Wolves and Burnley all loaned him players last year so they must be happy with that view; they may be starting points to consider.

I personally still follow the career of Josh Yorwerth and think he would be a decent understudy still, I just think this lad wouldn't be that good for us.

Crybaby

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:56 - Aug 9 with 2150 viewsPositivelyPortman

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:46 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

Had we sold him for any less than £750k we paid for him I'd have been a bit p155ed off - but a decent enough fee.

Thanks to Mick again...!

Mick, Mick, Mick - give it a rest.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:58 - Aug 9 with 2117 viewspointofblue

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:56 - Aug 9 by wkj

I personally still follow the career of Josh Yorwerth and think he would be a decent understudy still, I just think this lad wouldn't be that good for us.

Have you seen Oshilaja play that much/know someone who has? Not meaning to sound accusing, purely asking.

Maybe the extra cash means we'll go back in for Tilt?

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 21:00 - Aug 9 with 2055 viewswkj

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:58 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

Have you seen Oshilaja play that much/know someone who has? Not meaning to sound accusing, purely asking.

Maybe the extra cash means we'll go back in for Tilt?

I haven't seen him consistently by no means, but must have seen about 5 or 6 games or so while my friend was doing some video game scouting there.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 21:01]

Crybaby

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 21:02 - Aug 9 with 2022 viewsWallingford_Boy

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:46 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

Thanks to Mick again...!

We didn't pay near that for him!

RIP Sir Bobby

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 21:02 - Aug 9 with 2020 viewsjeera

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 20:56 - Aug 9 by PositivelyPortman

Mick, Mick, Mick - give it a rest.

Mick.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 21:02 - Aug 9 with 2003 viewsSpruceMoose

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/joseph-garner-obituary?pid=183981443

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 21:05 - Aug 9 with 1950 viewsitfcjoe

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 21:02 - Aug 9 by Wallingford_Boy

We didn't pay near that for him!

We did - been confirmed that Waggy was £250k and Garner was £750k

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 21:10 - Aug 9 with 1895 viewsITFCBlues

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 21:05 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

We’ve swapped a 30yr old Garner for Jackson and around 400k. Excellent business.

Means we must still have a hefty chunk of that Waghorn money left of around 2-3m?

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 21:14 - Aug 9 with 1866 viewswkj

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 21:10 - Aug 9 by ITFCBlues

We’ve swapped a 30yr old Garner for Jackson and around 400k. Excellent business.

Means we must still have a hefty chunk of that Waghorn money left of around 2-3m?

Having a bit of a buffer for January is a nice prospect, hopefully we need it to push for top two, not to escape bottom three though.

Crybaby

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 21:16 - Aug 9 with 1846 viewsitfcjoe

Would assume Garner earns more than Jackson by a fair bit too

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 21:26 - Aug 9 with 1766 viewsWallingford_Boy

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 21:05 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

Oh, I thought they were both about £600k in total. My bad.

RIP Sir Bobby

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 21:28 - Aug 9 with 1758 viewsElderGrizzly

Yep and good to have a bit of cash for decent loans and or permanent deals in January.

I think some people also forget, Hurst will have personally authorised the sale of Garner so close to the window closing, already knowing he hadn’t got Windass. He clearly has a plan...
EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 21:33 - Aug 9 with 1719 viewsITFCBlues

EADT just confirmed Garner has gone... on 21:28 - Aug 9 by ElderGrizzly

Yep and good to have a bit of cash for decent loans and or permanent deals in January.

I think some people also forget, Hurst will have personally authorised the sale of Garner so close to the window closing, already knowing he hadn’t got Windass. He clearly has a plan...

Exactly. He’s likely to have backup options for each position.

I’m sure we will see someone sign on loan over the next 1-2 weeks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024