Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action 17:30 - Aug 24 with 3677 viewspennblue

Are you going to propose any stadium alterations to improve the atmosphere?

Can I suggest a design like this would work very well:

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Blue Action on 18:17 - Aug 24 with 3610 viewsfactual_blue

They've already starting fundraising

https://www.blueactionfund.org/

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Blue Action on 18:54 - Aug 24 with 3572 viewsSlambo

Blue Action on 18:17 - Aug 24 by factual_blue

They've already starting fundraising

https://www.blueactionfund.org/

Passionate about Ipswich Town football club AND marine biodiversity. That's what Blue Action's all about...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Blue Action on 18:59 - Aug 24 with 3564 viewsSlambo

Mate, WHAT I would give to have experienced the proper hurly-burly of an old school terrace..! The tide is turning though - standing areas will be back...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Blue Action on 21:00 - Aug 24 with 3518 viewsTendring_Blue

Blue Action on 18:59 - Aug 24 by Slambo

Mate, WHAT I would give to have experienced the proper hurly-burly of an old school terrace..! The tide is turning though - standing areas will be back...

Too young to remember them, god I hope your right.

I'd put safe standing in the entire north stand. Plenty of seats elsewhere if people want to sit. The SAR upper for instance is very empty.

Sadly my idea is a pipe dream.
Blue Action on 22:42 - Aug 24 with 3446 viewsMetal_Hacker

Stood in that many times and never to be witnessed again unfortunately

Poll: If it were one or the other

Blue Action on 22:49 - Aug 24 with 3436 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Blue Action on 18:59 - Aug 24 by Slambo

In the form they once existed they will never return.

I understand those who hanker after the experience but they simply were not safe.

You can experience it by visiting lower league or non-league grounds. It is not the same as standing in the middle of the Holte End I am sure but no one will ever experience that again.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Blue Action on 08:47 - Aug 25 with 3321 viewspennblue

Blue Action on 22:49 - Aug 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

In the form they once existed they will never return.

I understand those who hanker after the experience but they simply were not safe.

You can experience it by visiting lower league or non-league grounds. It is not the same as standing in the middle of the Holte End I am sure but no one will ever experience that again.

Well I do hope the safe standing initiative works out. It makes so much difference to the atmosphere if the people that want to sing can congregate together. Much easier to start / keep songs going, and they can congregate in the areas that best elevates the sound.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Blue Action on 09:02 - Aug 25 with 3297 viewsElephantintheRoom

Blue Action on 08:47 - Aug 25 by pennblue

Well I do hope the safe standing initiative works out. It makes so much difference to the atmosphere if the people that want to sing can congregate together. Much easier to start / keep songs going, and they can congregate in the areas that best elevates the sound.

Surely this misty-eyed hankering over 'atmosphere' is gone for good because the type of people who created this atmosphere are long gone or priced out of the game? It's interesting to see that a number of people anxious to experience this dubious pleasure never experienced or suffered it. Other pleasures from being jostled and threatened in the north stand were due to the presence of opposing fans adjacent - again long gone as they are now marooned by a corner flag on the opposite side of the ground. Portman Road cannot generate an atmosphere any more because the bad design of the two newer stands destroyed the acoustics. And, ultimately, by being unaffordable, they also destroyed the club

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action on 09:23 - Aug 25 with 3245 viewsTractorWood

Blue Action on 09:02 - Aug 25 by ElephantintheRoom

Surely this misty-eyed hankering over 'atmosphere' is gone for good because the type of people who created this atmosphere are long gone or priced out of the game? It's interesting to see that a number of people anxious to experience this dubious pleasure never experienced or suffered it. Other pleasures from being jostled and threatened in the north stand were due to the presence of opposing fans adjacent - again long gone as they are now marooned by a corner flag on the opposite side of the ground. Portman Road cannot generate an atmosphere any more because the bad design of the two newer stands destroyed the acoustics. And, ultimately, by being unaffordable, they also destroyed the club

The two new stands were such a painful distraction to witness.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Blue Action on 20:18 - Aug 25 with 3135 viewsSwn98

Blue Action on 09:02 - Aug 25 by ElephantintheRoom

Brilliant atmosphere! being gobbed at by opposing fans and having coins thrown at you nearly taking your eye out.When Town scored being crushed by the mindless fools behind.
Long gone thank goodness or am i just getting old😊
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024