Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conspiracy over Dozzell? 10:07 - Aug 30 with 10704 viewsBrixtonBlue

What are the Blue Monday lads going on about here?

56:20

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:15 - Aug 30 with 6490 viewsFrimleyBlue

Could be many different things going on

What I think?
Dozzell is fit, but doesn't fit in the squad with Hursts new signings. Hurst has tried to make the team his as much as possible and Dozzell is another one of our own youngsters that Hurst is happy to push aside.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:21 - Aug 30 with 6426 viewsKieran_Knows

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:15 - Aug 30 by FrimleyBlue

What I think?
Dozzell is fit, but doesn't fit in the squad with Hursts new signings. Hurst has tried to make the team his as much as possible and Dozzell is another one of our own youngsters that Hurst is happy to push aside.

You keep telling yourself that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:23 - Aug 30 with 6409 viewsFrimleyBlue

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:21 - Aug 30 by Kieran_Knows

You keep telling yourself that.

I shall.

Until he starts playing there's no other reason for me believe otherwise.

Waka waka eh eh

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:23 - Aug 30 with 6406 viewsKieran_Knows

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:23 - Aug 30 by FrimleyBlue

I shall.

Until he starts playing there's no other reason for me believe otherwise.

Hurst: Better That Doz Stays With Us 16th Aug 2018 15:24
Blues boss Paul Hurst says he’s almost made the decision that midfielder Andre Dozzell won’t be allowed out on loan, tests having shown that the England U19 international, who missed all but the first 45 minutes of last season having ruptured a cruciate knee ligament, is currently potentially at risk of aggravating his injury. 15

EDIT - so we play him for the sake of it and run the risk of him getting injured again?
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 10:24]

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:25 - Aug 30 with 6376 viewsFrimleyBlue

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:23 - Aug 30 by Kieran_Knows

Blues boss Paul Hurst says he’s almost made the decision that midfielder Andre Dozzell won’t be allowed out on loan, tests having shown that the England U19 international, who missed all but the first 45 minutes of last season having ruptured a cruciate knee ligament, is currently potentially at risk of aggravating his injury. 15

EDIT - so we play him for the sake of it and run the risk of him getting injured again?

Great link,

The point of the OP was regarding a possible Conspiracy. Not sure why you feel the need to post the link. I know what Paul said.

Waka waka eh eh

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:26 - Aug 30 with 6371 viewsbluefunk

From listening to Hurst’s comments a couple of weeks ago, it appears that, while Dozzell might think he is fit, there is a weakness that has been identified, which means his injury could recur. That’s why he hasn’t gone out on loan (which I guess he wants) as we’d rather make sure he gets the attention he needs. No conspiracy, just trying to look after a player of huge potential.

If Hurst didn’t rate him why hasn’t he sent him out??
Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:27 - Aug 30 with 6344 viewsKieran_Knows

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:25 - Aug 30 by FrimleyBlue

Great link,

The point of the OP was regarding a possible Conspiracy. Not sure why you feel the need to post the link. I know what Paul said.

The need to post the link was to point out what Hurst has said regarding Dozzell, yet you still decide to believe the own crap you make up in your head.

Good work Frimmers.

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:28 - Aug 30 with 6349 viewsitfcjoe

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:26 - Aug 30 by bluefunk

From listening to Hurst’s comments a couple of weeks ago, it appears that, while Dozzell might think he is fit, there is a weakness that has been identified, which means his injury could recur. That’s why he hasn’t gone out on loan (which I guess he wants) as we’d rather make sure he gets the attention he needs. No conspiracy, just trying to look after a player of huge potential.

I've heard that Hurst wanted to send him out but the club had to persuade him into not doing so.

Will see what happens over first half of season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:30 - Aug 30 with 6323 viewsFrimleyBlue

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:26 - Aug 30 by bluefunk

Depends. You could be spot on, nothing sinister in it at all. Brilliant. we look forward to his return.

OR you look at it another way

We've sold all our scorers
We've let Webster go who a lot of fans liked
We've brought in youngsters

How would the majority of supporters feel if we let Dozzell go on loan, instead of giving him time here in place of Hursts own signings.....

Waka waka eh eh

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:33 - Aug 30 with 6292 viewsbluefunk

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:28 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

I've heard that Hurst wanted to send him out but the club had to persuade him into not doing so.

The club? Or maybe the medical staff when they identified the problem?

Not sure why thus is an issue when it can be explained as part of the normal discussions that would take place about a player returning from injury,

“He’s not fit enough for us yet why don’t we send him out to get some game time?

Not really a good idea boss, he’s got this potential problem

Oh, ok then”
Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:34 - Aug 30 with 6282 viewsFrimleyBlue

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:27 - Aug 30 by Kieran_Knows

The need to post the link was to point out what Hurst has said regarding Dozzell, yet you still decide to believe the own crap you make up in your head.

Good work Frimmers.

Like I Said, I know what Paul Said

The post is about Conspiracy, I feel it's an untrue statement and he's covering up the truth.

Waka waka eh eh

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:35 - Aug 30 with 6280 viewsGuthrum

What I think?

Hurst is deliberately not using the players he knows are most likely to win football matches, at a time when he really needs to win football matches?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:38 - Aug 30 with 6239 viewsFrimleyBlue

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:35 - Aug 30 by Guthrum

Hurst is deliberately not using the players he knows are most likely to win football matches, at a time when he really needs to win football matches?

Where would Dozzell fit in, without removing any of his recent signings...

Waka waka eh eh

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:43 - Aug 30 with 6204 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Right.
Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:48 - Aug 30 with 6185 viewsGuthrum

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:30 - Aug 30 by FrimleyBlue

Depends. You could be spot on, nothing sinister in it at all. Brilliant. we look forward to his return.

OR you look at it another way

We've sold all our scorers
We've let Webster go who a lot of fans liked
We've brought in youngsters

How would the majority of supporters feel if we let Dozzell go on loan, instead of giving him time here in place of Hursts own signings.....

Perhaps he needs a loan, for the sake of his football development? He's only 19, has made all of 12 senior appearances and is just working his way back from a very lengthy injury/operation lay-off.

Some fans seem to have a completely skewed view of Dozzell, because he's an Academy product, because of his family name and because he's looked a lively prospect in some of the games he's played. They imagine he could walk into the first team and run the show. In reality, he's still at quite an early stage in his development, has suffered a significant setback (there have been players who've never fully come back from an injury like that) and is still fairly "unproven". It's not reasonable to lay upon his shoulders the emotional responsibility for turning our season around.

He's young, there is no rush and we're better off having a properly-developed player in six months or a year's time than potentially ruining a young lad now.

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:48 - Aug 30 with 6167 viewsSwansea_Blue

What I think?

It all went downhill after he ate Hurst's dog and p1ssed in his kettle. Def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:51 - Aug 30 with 6149 viewsGuthrum

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:38 - Aug 30 by FrimleyBlue

Where would Dozzell fit in, without removing any of his recent signings...

He wouldn't. But if he was a) fit and b) ready, then he'd be a superior player and in there by right. Why would a manager leave out a superior player if he needs to win games?

People currently want Dozzell in the team because of who he is more than what kind of player.

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:53 - Aug 30 with 6129 viewsDarth_Koont

I think Hurst addressed this didn't he?

He more or less confirmed that Dozzell was fit but that there were signs that his strength wasn't up to it as yet. Maybe Phil can help with the exact quote and story?

But generally when it comes to fan speculations about player fitness and readiness I'm now going to take them with a Leon Best-sized pinch of salt.

Edit: I see others have posted that now.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 10:55]

Pronouns: He/Him

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:54 - Aug 30 with 6102 viewsFrimleyBlue

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:51 - Aug 30 by Guthrum

He wouldn't. But if he was a) fit and b) ready, then he'd be a superior player and in there by right. Why would a manager leave out a superior player if he needs to win games?

People currently want Dozzell in the team because of who he is more than what kind of player.

My feeling is, if you're bottom of the league, be bottom of the league using your own kids rather than borrowing someone elses.

Waka waka eh eh

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:56 - Aug 30 with 6079 viewsDanTheMan

I hope that's not true...

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:58 - Aug 30 with 6052 viewsDarth_Koont

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:48 - Aug 30 by Guthrum

Perhaps he needs a loan, for the sake of his football development? He's only 19, has made all of 12 senior appearances and is just working his way back from a very lengthy injury/operation lay-off.

Some fans seem to have a completely skewed view of Dozzell, because he's an Academy product, because of his family name and because he's looked a lively prospect in some of the games he's played. They imagine he could walk into the first team and run the show. In reality, he's still at quite an early stage in his development, has suffered a significant setback (there have been players who've never fully come back from an injury like that) and is still fairly "unproven". It's not reasonable to lay upon his shoulders the emotional responsibility for turning our season around.

He's young, there is no rush and we're better off having a properly-developed player in six months or a year's time than potentially ruining a young lad now.

Well said.

I'd also add that our problems re: available players and performances aren't in central midfield so there really is no rush.

Pronouns: He/Him

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:59 - Aug 30 with 6041 viewsBlueBadger

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:54 - Aug 30 by FrimleyBlue

My feeling is, if you're bottom of the league, be bottom of the league using your own kids rather than borrowing someone elses.

Yeah, why destroy the morale and confidence of someone else's players when we can ruin our own?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 11:00 - Aug 30 with 6028 viewsFrimleyBlue

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:59 - Aug 30 by BlueBadger

Yeah, why destroy the morale and confidence of someone else's players when we can ruin our own?

Yet keeping them out of the side will boost their morale and confidence lol

Waka waka eh eh

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 11:01 - Aug 30 with 6015 viewsGuthrum

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:54 - Aug 30 by FrimleyBlue

If you're bottom of the division, you want to be not in that position, using whoever is best suited to achieving that aim. Whether they're our own players or borrowed from elsewhere.

This isn't some frivolous game of misty-eyed fondness for home-grown players (as it was in the old days when transfer activity and substitutions were few), it's a hard business of winning football matches to avoid the danger of relegation.

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 11:09 - Aug 30 with 5925 viewsBiGDonnie

Conspiracy over Dozzell? on 10:23 - Aug 30 by Kieran_Knows

Don't rally have an opinion on this either way, but he has been playing for the U23s.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024