Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well it needs to be said... 20:55 - Sep 18 with 4032 viewschristiand

It doesn't need 8, 10, 15, 20 games etc... to see that this current Ipswich side is devoid of Championship quality, it's simply frightening the gulf in class and our own level of ineptitude. This performance should confirm to all Town fans that we are one - if not - the poorest side in this division by a long, long way and sadly that doesn't look likely to change. In order to survive relegation, we are going to need something of biblical proportions because the whole side just appears clueless. Whether the responsibility of our demise lies with ME through his lack of proper investment or PH's lack of managerial nous, make no mistake we are getting relegated, unless something radical occurs, we are just that poor and that's the bottom-line. Those that believe otherwise are just in complete denial. It pains me, that on the occasion it is tonight our side puts in such an inept display to celebrate Beat 'a true club legend'.....RIP Beat, RIP Ipswich Town FC. Can the last person that leaves PR tonight turn off the light?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 21:02]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Well it needs to be said... on 21:51 - Sep 18 with 3895 viewspeterleeblue

Fancy discussing the 2nd half performance?
Well it needs to be said... on 21:54 - Sep 18 with 3828 viewsWicklowBlue

Well it needs to be said... on 21:51 - Sep 18 by peterleeblue

I'd love to...!

Saw the last few mins of the first and resigned myself to a backs against the wall 0-2 If lucky.

Sat down and watched the 2nd half and thought we could have nicked that. A draw in fairness probably the right result but thought we looked decent at times in the 2nd.
Well it needs to be said... on 21:56 - Sep 18 with 3788 viewspeterleeblue

Well it needs to be said... on 21:54 - Sep 18 by WicklowBlue

I'd love to...!

Saw the last few mins of the first and resigned myself to a backs against the wall 0-2 If lucky.

Sat down and watched the 2nd half and thought we could have nicked that. A draw in fairness probably the right result but thought we looked decent at times in the 2nd.

2nd half much better. Although Brentford still seemed more incisive we battled well and could have won it at the end. Somehow we need to play for 90 mins.
Well it needs to be said... on 21:56 - Sep 18 with 3783 viewschristiand

Well it needs to be said... on 21:51 - Sep 18 by peterleeblue

Yes it was better, but we are still woefully short in quality and a very limited side. I still stand by what I said at half time, it was pitiful. Don’t let that point fool you, if there are three teams worse than us I haven’t seen them yet!!
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 21:58]

Well it needs to be said... on 21:56 - Sep 18 with 3779 viewsSamWhiteUK

"Sadly doesn't look likely to change"...

...changes 15 minutes later
Well it needs to be said... on 22:03 - Sep 18 with 3624 viewsSimonds92

Well it needs to be said... on 21:56 - Sep 18 by christiand

Yes it was better, but we are still woefully short in quality and a very limited side. I still stand by what I said at half time, it was pitiful. Don’t let that point fool you, if there are three teams worse than us I haven’t seen them yet!!

I dont disagree with you completely i was sat there at half time thinking this is the worst itfc team ive ever seen. However, a contributing factor was a horrible team selection. There were decent signs second half but the first half was hugely worrying.
Well it needs to be said... on 22:04 - Sep 18 with 3608 viewsSamWhiteUK

Well it needs to be said... on 22:03 - Sep 18 by Simonds92

I dont disagree with you completely i was sat there at half time thinking this is the worst itfc team ive ever seen. However, a contributing factor was a horrible team selection. There were decent signs second half but the first half was hugely worrying.

If you're admitting that there was a woeful selection, I don't think you should be perhaps as worried as you make out
Well it needs to be said... on 22:08 - Sep 18 with 3539 viewsSimonds92

Well it needs to be said... on 22:04 - Sep 18 by SamWhiteUK

If you're admitting that there was a woeful selection, I don't think you should be perhaps as worried as you make out

I am worried because i dont think Hurst has a clue what his team is or how he wants to play. I don't think they're terrible players tbh i can see something in a lot of them, its Hurst that I'm concerned about.
Login to get fewer ads

Well it needs to be said... on 22:11 - Sep 18 with 3513 viewsWicklowBlue

Maybe so and I'd agree to some extent. However don't think Brentford will be in the bottom 3 and the 2nd half performance looked much better and was encouraging.

TBH I didn't expect a point from this game considering...

I stand by my assertion from the 2nd half performance we could have nicked 3 points. Agree the 1st half was woeful but Brentford didn't look all that in the 2nd. Thought we pressed well and took the game to them in some respects.
Well it needs to be said... on 22:12 - Sep 18 with 3492 viewsSamWhiteUK

Well it needs to be said... on 22:11 - Sep 18 by WicklowBlue

Maybe so and I'd agree to some extent. However don't think Brentford will be in the bottom 3 and the 2nd half performance looked much better and was encouraging.

TBH I didn't expect a point from this game considering...

I stand by my assertion from the 2nd half performance we could have nicked 3 points. Agree the 1st half was woeful but Brentford didn't look all that in the 2nd. Thought we pressed well and took the game to them in some respects.

If you showed someone with no knowledge of the teams that second half, they would NEVER believe that they were at opposite ends of the league
Well it needs to be said... on 22:16 - Sep 18 with 3451 viewschristiand

Well it needs to be said... on 22:12 - Sep 18 by SamWhiteUK

If you showed someone with no knowledge of the teams that second half, they would NEVER believe that they were at opposite ends of the league

If you showed someone a video of the first half, I think they would say are that side in blue in the same league as Brentford? Let’s be honest, if the players couldn’t play remotely better in the second half I’d be even more concerned than I already am.

Well it needs to be said... on 22:20 - Sep 18 with 3410 viewsChris_Knights

I’m not one for posting comments on TWTD but we need to face facts . Played 8... won nothing ! Predicted points based on current performance 23! Points required to aviod relegation 50 meaning another 46 required in 38 games. No chance !!!

You buy players from Accrington Stanley you get endeavour, hard work and effort but ultimately you get League Two quality. Ipswich will get relegated I’m afraid
Well it needs to be said... on 22:22 - Sep 18 with 3391 viewsWicklowBlue

Well it needs to be said... on 22:12 - Sep 18 by SamWhiteUK

I'd agree with you on that totally! I spent the entire 45 mins expecting a stupid goal from a set piece.

But and it's just me...Thought we took the game to them in the 2nd half and they couldn't cope. Pressed them high and put them under pressure. Also thought in the 2nd half we win more 2nd balls than they did.

Not saying by any means things are rosey but I felt encouraged by what I saw and we could have nicked all 3 point. I didn't tune into something else which is a definite positive.
Well it needs to be said... on 22:26 - Sep 18 with 3347 viewsxrayspecs

Are you capable of anything apart from flouncing?

Some people do not deserve access to the internet.
Well it needs to be said... on 22:36 - Sep 18 with 3276 viewsBloomBlue

What pains me is that attendance tonight, a disgrace. Fans cannot even make the effort to attend as a respect to Beat. Disgraceful by Town fans
Well it needs to be said... on 22:57 - Sep 18 with 3187 viewsCoastalblue

Tonight I expected a routine 2-0 loss against a very good side at this level.

At half time after the worst performance of the season, and probably for a few seasons I expected a horrible 3 or 4-0.

At 90 minutes I was back to what I was feeling up to a couple of games ago, we have potential in this side, there are some decent players there and if we can darry that on to Saturday we'll win.

Win Saturday, get a bit of confidence, start to play and I think there's the beginnings of something there.

I don't buy these League one and two player lines that keep getting trotted out and some people are going to end up eating humble pie with a few of these players.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Well it needs to be said... on 23:07 - Sep 18 with 3136 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You don't need to read 8, 10, 15, 20 of your posts to realise every one of them will be negative.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Well it needs to be said... on 23:14 - Sep 18 with 3091 viewschristiand

Well it needs to be said... on 23:07 - Sep 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

You don't need to read 8, 10, 15, 20 of your posts to realise every one of them will be negative.

Brilliant 👏...yawn!
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 23:15]

Well it needs to be said... on 23:17 - Sep 18 with 3071 viewsStewart27

Well it needs to be said... on 22:16 - Sep 18 by christiand

If you showed someone a video of the first half, I think they would say are that side in blue in the same league as Brentford? Let’s be honest, if the players couldn’t play remotely better in the second half I’d be even more concerned than I already am.

So are we in agreeance that it was a good point against one of the best teams in the league? Or should we just focus on the first to satisfy your original post?
Well it needs to be said... on 23:27 - Sep 18 with 3022 viewschristiand

Well it needs to be said... on 23:17 - Sep 18 by Stewart27

So are we in agreeance that it was a good point against one of the best teams in the league? Or should we just focus on the first to satisfy your original post?

A decent point, but still plenty to worry about in regards to our long term future in this division.

Well it needs to be said... on 23:28 - Sep 18 with 3012 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Well it needs to be said... on 23:27 - Sep 18 by christiand

A decent point, but still plenty to worry about in regards to our long term future in this division.

Try it.

Limit your reply to the first 3 words and make it your first ever positive post … yawn.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 23:29]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Well it needs to be said... on 23:35 - Sep 18 with 2975 viewschristiand

Well it needs to be said... on 23:28 - Sep 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Try it.

Limit your reply to the first 3 words and make it your first ever positive post … yawn.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 23:29]

You still here? You not got school in the morning?

Well it needs to be said... on 23:50 - Sep 18 with 2925 viewsKeaneish

I think what you'll see this season, if you're prepared to be patient enough, is the vast majority of that squad improve game on game. The second half showed we're starting to settle a bit. Players linked up, pressed, read the game, tracked and moved a lot better. There is quality in that side and as soon as we move the ball a bit quicker, we'll get our results.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Well it needs to be said.. on 00:00 - Sep 19 with 2893 viewschristiand

Well it needs to be said... on 23:50 - Sep 18 by Keaneish

I think what you'll see this season, if you're prepared to be patient enough, is the vast majority of that squad improve game on game. The second half showed we're starting to settle a bit. Players linked up, pressed, read the game, tracked and moved a lot better. There is quality in that side and as soon as we move the ball a bit quicker, we'll get our results.

The second half was better, but still much to work on. More of those first half performances and we’ll be cast adrift at the foot of the table before long and that is the concern for me. I was hoping by now we’d be seeing more of those second half displays - like tonight - but they are few and far between or for short spells in matches. I was expecting the team to be more of a collective unit instead of playing like a bunch of individuals. It might be negative, but it’s how I see it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024