Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment 20:27 - Oct 20 with 3716 viewsTerry_Nutkins

When he came everyone was buzzing. People were saying finally we are going for a young, hungry manager on his way up etc. When he signed lower league 'talent' everyone was saying finally we're not going for failed prem players etc. Same people now slamming Evans. It clearly hasnt worked but he was listening to fans and he made a brave appointment. It hasnt worked. I getbthat he is ultimately responsible but bitching and moaning about something we PUSHED is a bit pathetic and i dont mind us making brave appointments in the future.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:30 - Oct 20 with 2594 viewsBLUEBEAT

Imagine if he’d have signed Ross who doesn’t even have knowledge of the English lower leagues... 🤦🏻‍♂️

Poll: W or W

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:32 - Oct 20 with 2582 viewsPJH

I have said before that I wish people stopped saying "everyone" and "we all" or similar things because "we all" did not want any of the things that have happened and I do not suppose that "we all" will want whatever happens in the future.
All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:33 - Oct 20 with 2570 viewsRegencyBlue

The Evans regime has been a sh*tfest from the start!

He’s ultimately responsible for the shambles the club has become and deserves every bit of criticism which comes his way.
All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:34 - Oct 20 with 2556 viewsdavblue

4 managerial appoints, 3 have been showers.

The idea was good and it was the way to go, but it’s been a failure, that is down to Hurst as well but the longer term issue is Evans there is no doubt about that.
All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:34 - Oct 20 with 2546 viewsgordon

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:32 - Oct 20 by PJH

I have said before that I wish people stopped saying "everyone" and "we all" or similar things because "we all" did not want any of the things that have happened and I do not suppose that "we all" will want whatever happens in the future.

This. Lots of people weren't impressed from the start, and much preferred other candidates anyway.
All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:36 - Oct 20 with 2526 viewsPJH

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:34 - Oct 20 by gordon

This. Lots of people weren't impressed from the start, and much preferred other candidates anyway.

or some of us wished that there had been no change made at all.

I fully understand that it was almost unavoidable but....
All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:38 - Oct 20 with 2503 viewsDarth_Koont

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:33 - Oct 20 by RegencyBlue

The Evans regime has been a sh*tfest from the start!

He’s ultimately responsible for the shambles the club has become and deserves every bit of criticism which comes his way.

A bit harsh,

ME doesn't seem to have had much luck either starting from the position Magilton was in when he had money.

Pronouns: He/Him

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:41 - Oct 20 with 2491 viewsPJH

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:38 - Oct 20 by Darth_Koont

A bit harsh,

ME doesn't seem to have had much luck either starting from the position Magilton was in when he had money.

I left the Shareholders meeting that approved the ME takeover believing that we had just "bought" a Premier League place.

Money has been made available off and on but generally either to the wrong person or at the wrong time or both.
Login to get fewer ads

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:41 - Oct 20 with 2483 viewsBluebell

Exactly!

I hadn’t even heard of Hurst until someone said he was the manager of Shrewsbury.

I also said many times that he was signing far too many players who were untried in the Championship. A point that has now been proven.
All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:41 - Oct 20 with 2485 viewsDennyx4

The slamming of Evans is due to the lack of investment.

Why did we need to sell Waghorn to finance Nsiala and Nolan deals? we didnt, we had already made more than we had spent.

I get that he doesn't want to contribute any more funds, probably spent more than he wanted to, when he first bought the club, however he is now in the biggest predicament since he came to Ipswich. Either finance more funds or get relegated, the choice is his.
All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:45 - Oct 20 with 2445 viewsPJH

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:41 - Oct 20 by Bluebell

Exactly!

I hadn’t even heard of Hurst until someone said he was the manager of Shrewsbury.

I also said many times that he was signing far too many players who were untried in the Championship. A point that has now been proven.

I know you did because you said it to me in PM's.
All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:57 - Oct 20 with 2393 viewsTerry_Nutkins

'We' are a collective. You sort of miss the point. I was fully in support of Mick and was always concerned this could happen. You are never going to get EVERY fan agree on everything but just because it wasnt my pref to see Mick go i accept it had got to sour and am big enough to include myself in the collective 'WE' as fans. I got behind the appointment for the reasons they were made and because i support the club. A thorough selection process was carried out. Football is very difficult to predict.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 21:02 - Oct 20 with 2365 viewsgordon

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:57 - Oct 20 by Terry_Nutkins

'We' are a collective. You sort of miss the point. I was fully in support of Mick and was always concerned this could happen. You are never going to get EVERY fan agree on everything but just because it wasnt my pref to see Mick go i accept it had got to sour and am big enough to include myself in the collective 'WE' as fans. I got behind the appointment for the reasons they were made and because i support the club. A thorough selection process was carried out. Football is very difficult to predict.

Doesn't sound like you were really buzzing that much then, does it.
All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 21:04 - Oct 20 with 2345 viewsPJH

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:57 - Oct 20 by Terry_Nutkins

Perhaps people should say "the majority" then rather than "we all" or whatever because I do not like being bracketed in wanting something that I did not.

I do note that you did not want MM out either-I also understand that it was almost unavoidable but "I" did not want it.
All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 21:09 - Oct 20 with 2322 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Its funny isn't it, how people recollect whats happened. Yes we wanted a young progressive manager, and yes everyone was excited when he bought his first couple of lower league players.

But anyone who suggests that they were still excited and not beginning to worry when he signed our 7th 8th and 9th player from the lower leagues either knows nothing about football, or is a liar.

To sign that many players in the space of a few weeks and then ask almost an entire squad of players to make the step up to the Championship is utter suicide, and that is what is coming to pass right now.

Meanwhile Evans spending has been pulling the wool over our eyes, £1m here, £750k there which, having been starved of spending for so long, to us seemed to be significant investment, but look what we lost.

Has it all been worth it? Clearly not, Evans is about to reap what he's sown, and that sadly is Town in League One and massive redundancies.

Evans did what we wanted, but we wanted change because we have been starved of anything for so so long. However, everything that is happening now has been in motion since Evans removed Magic and is totally and entirely, Evans fault.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 21:10]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 21:09 - Oct 20 with 2314 viewsBluebell

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:45 - Oct 20 by PJH

I know you did because you said it to me in PM's.

We both could manage the club a hell of a lot better!

I will send my CV to Marcus Evans.
All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 21:11 - Oct 20 with 2302 viewsPJH

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 21:09 - Oct 20 by Bluebell

We both could manage the club a hell of a lot better!

I will send my CV to Marcus Evans.

Yes, you could be my assistant.
All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 21:22 - Oct 20 with 2269 viewsReuser_is_God

I didn’t particularly want him when it became apparent he was going to get the job.

Obviously I did jump on board with him though but his time is up.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 21:24 - Oct 20 with 2242 viewsElderGrizzly

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:34 - Oct 20 by davblue

4 managerial appoints, 3 have been showers.

The idea was good and it was the way to go, but it’s been a failure, that is down to Hurst as well but the longer term issue is Evans there is no doubt about that.

I guess this was why he called it a gamble and hoped it would be successful. It was and it hasn’t been
All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 21:31 - Oct 20 with 2205 viewsdavblue

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 21:24 - Oct 20 by ElderGrizzly

I guess this was why he called it a gamble and hoped it would be successful. It was and it hasn’t been

I’ve no problem with him taking a gamble. None what so ever, I would prefer him to go this way instead of the same old donkeys in the main.

If we have to stay up this year then we will go for one of the same old donkeys, if not I’m not sure if an up and comer will look at a move to us as a good move.
All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 21:39 - Oct 20 with 2161 viewsBenno1960

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 20:41 - Oct 20 by Bluebell

Exactly!

oh, what we would give for Alan Lee up front again eh BB?

I honestly think he would have done better than Freddie today (that's not having a go at Freddie but the stupid hoofing to him all game)
All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 21:43 - Oct 20 with 2132 viewsBigalhunter

Thank you for expressing much more diplomatically & eloquently what I've been feeling since the revolting behaviour of some last season.

The bed's been made now though and we all have to lie in it. I just wish it was the fickle numbskulls lying in the subsequent puddle of p*ss and stray springs, but they gave it a couple of nights then crawled away.
All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 21:43 - Oct 20 with 2137 viewsLankHenners

When people thought we were getting a young, up-and-coming manager signing young, up-and-coming players they were hoping for a shrewd tactical mind evolving the squad, bringing in a few new faces to integrate with our own youngsters and gradually build the club up.

I don't think anyone expected a manager to come in, rip out a large chunk of what made us a competitive side in this division, pump the squad full of untested players (who individually have not all been bad but anyone can see it was too much for all of them to click all at once), be unable to decide on a set-up, chopping and changing desperately hoping he lands on something that works, be constantly out-thought by every manager he comes up against, have no tactical plan when things aren't working other than chuck a couple of attackers on and see what happens, show no signs of what was talked about when joined (high press, energetic, high tempo) etc. etc.

Hurst needed a steady hand to stop him from doing what he has done: majorly, and it's looking like majorly, underestimating this division, getting greedy when he should have held back and turning us into a team that looks like they snuck up from league 1 without having the togetherness and cohesion that is a hallmark of those sides.

It's a real shame, because Evans wanted to be so thorough on this appointment that he let other candidates slip by to make sure he got the right man and now we're going to need a firefighter to get us out of this horrid mess. In Mick, Evans had someone wise enough to keep control of the club, Hurst needed that steady hand to help him settle in but he was left to his own devices and he's burnt the house down.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 21:50 - Oct 20 with 2076 viewsReuser_is_God

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 21:43 - Oct 20 by LankHenners

When people thought we were getting a young, up-and-coming manager signing young, up-and-coming players they were hoping for a shrewd tactical mind evolving the squad, bringing in a few new faces to integrate with our own youngsters and gradually build the club up.

I don't think anyone expected a manager to come in, rip out a large chunk of what made us a competitive side in this division, pump the squad full of untested players (who individually have not all been bad but anyone can see it was too much for all of them to click all at once), be unable to decide on a set-up, chopping and changing desperately hoping he lands on something that works, be constantly out-thought by every manager he comes up against, have no tactical plan when things aren't working other than chuck a couple of attackers on and see what happens, show no signs of what was talked about when joined (high press, energetic, high tempo) etc. etc.

Hurst needed a steady hand to stop him from doing what he has done: majorly, and it's looking like majorly, underestimating this division, getting greedy when he should have held back and turning us into a team that looks like they snuck up from league 1 without having the togetherness and cohesion that is a hallmark of those sides.

It's a real shame, because Evans wanted to be so thorough on this appointment that he let other candidates slip by to make sure he got the right man and now we're going to need a firefighter to get us out of this horrid mess. In Mick, Evans had someone wise enough to keep control of the club, Hurst needed that steady hand to help him settle in but he was left to his own devices and he's burnt the house down.

Nailed it.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

All this slamming Evans for Hurst appointment on 21:56 - Oct 20 with 2045 viewsmagilton

Hurst was a strange choice to begin with. Mick was removed because the fans wanted more entertaining football - so we bring in a bloke whose teams are known for being defensive and playing on the counter attack, more or less exactly how Mick had us set up to begin with. The main difference being the Hurst doesn't have anything close to Mick's experience or know-how.

What's strange is that we aren't playing like Shrewsbury did last season. They were very solid defensively, whilst we look like we never even practice defending in training. I'm not really sure what style of football we're meant to be playing. The team look confused on the pitch, there's no conviction in how we play.

It's all just gone horribly wrong. If you didn't know any better you'd assume from watching today's match that Swansea had hammered us, we looked so low on confidence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024