Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big rivalry between Wycombe and Colchester 11:39 - Oct 26 with 1751 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert most not give a sh*t about crossing the divide - he probably would take the Rangers job!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Big rivalry between Wycombe and Colchester on 11:43 - Oct 26 with 1709 viewsCoco

Why would he? Unless he was born and raised to hate a particular club it’s just a job.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Big rivalry between Wycombe and Colchester on 11:48 - Oct 26 with 1672 viewsGavTWTD

Why is there a rivalry there? Bit random? Not distance, that's for sure.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Big rivalry between Wycombe and Colchester on 11:49 - Oct 26 with 1661 viewsJ2BLUE

Do you see the Norwich link as less of an issue now you've slept on it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Big rivalry between Wycombe and Colchester on 11:50 - Oct 26 with 1653 viewsdavblue

Lambert has a strange career by davblue 25 Oct 2018 17:38
He doesn’t hang around anywhere too long. I think with most of his clubs there’s been a falling out.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a deal until the end of the season.

Norwich were a very up and at them team, high intensity but that was 6 years ago that he left.

I have serious doubts about him but at the same time with our position, budget I wasn’t expecting too much.

The Norwich connection will be used by us and Norwich fans for either good or bad but he does have history with going to rivals.

He went from Wycombe to Colchester who hate each other there’s a real rivalry there from the non league days when they were fighting for promotion. he’s very dispassionate to his clubs.

It’s a no from me and that’s based on his recent record, nothing to do with the Norwich connection.

Done this already yesterday.
Big rivalry between Wycombe and Colchester on 11:51 - Oct 26 with 1639 viewsBlueBadger

Big rivalry between Wycombe and Colchester on 11:48 - Oct 26 by GavTWTD

Wasn't it something to do with when they were vying for promotion from the Conference?

Ah yes, here we are:

http://thetwounfortunates.com/unexpected-rivalries-1-wycombe-slough-and-colchest

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Big rivalry between Wycombe and Colchester on 11:51 - Oct 26 with 1638 viewsdavblue

They were both competing for promotion from non league at the time.
Wycombe certainly treat it as a derby now, probably more so than Oxford.
Big rivalry between Wycombe and Colchester on 11:51 - Oct 26 with 1634 viewsITFC_Forever

Goes back a few decades now to when Col U were in the Conference. Them and Wycombe were the two biggest fish in the pond and had a number of fiesty encounters which spilled over in to the stands.

No love lost since.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Big rivalry between Wycombe and Colchester on 11:53 - Oct 26 with 1621 viewsitfcjoe

Non league days - they hate(d?) each other.

When I was at uni in Southampton, Colchester drew them in the LC. i went to the game in the Col U end as they were always a side I tried to follow a bit and don't see them as rivals, at all.

After the game I met up with some mates, and one of their mates who was a Wycombe fan and had too many started kicking off at me for supporting Col U and being scum etc. Me and another ITFC fan who had been with me in Col U end were so confused by it all - he was a massive beelend and wanted to fight us. He apologised the next day and did explain about their rivalry but I've forgotten the detail - but they used to fight it out through the lower leagues

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Big rivalry between Wycombe and Colchester on 12:06 - Oct 26 with 1570 viewsReuser_is_God

They hate each other.

Goes back to non league days.

I remember watching Wycombe when they had Sam Stockley (ex Col U) playing for them & the fans despised him.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Big rivalry between Wycombe and Colchester on 13:42 - Oct 26 with 1411 viewstextbackup

Born in Scotland, played in Germany, why would he give two shts about a little rivalry that we can’t even sell out our ground for?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Big rivalry between Wycombe and Colchester on 13:47 - Oct 26 with 1381 viewsBecclesITFC

Big rivalry between Wycombe and Colchester on 13:42 - Oct 26 by textbackup

Born in Scotland, played in Germany, why would he give two shts about a little rivalry that we can’t even sell out our ground for?

People seem to forget the rivalry is the fans. Nobody else. Unless you're from the area it's just not relevant. Of course you are aware and you try and get fired up, however, it would be like you being offered a job at Dundee when you used to manage Motherwell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024