Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six matches is a pre-season 18:57 - Dec 13 with 2785 viewsScottCandage

For me, PL has had his preseason with the club, and style-wise I like what I see. Now I'll start judging him by results. COYB!
Six matches is a pre-season on 19:00 - Dec 13 with 2772 viewssuffolkpoker

I think you find preaseon has a transfer window.

The main trouble we are in as our previous choice of players

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Six matches is a pre-season on 19:53 - Dec 13 with 2708 viewscatch74

Six matches is a pre-season on 19:00 - Dec 13 by suffolkpoker

Would have been nice to see PL inherit Mick’s leftovers and add a few of his own.
Wondering how many would have welcomed him after Mick without the PH debacle. Don’t think he’d have been high on many lists.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Six matches is a pre-season on 21:14 - Dec 13 with 2657 viewsm14_blue

Six matches is a pre-season on 19:00 - Dec 13 by suffolkpoker

Exactly, I think Pep would struggle to do much with this group.

It’s absurd to judge PL before he’s had a chance to bring his own players in.
Six matches is a pre-season on 21:40 - Dec 13 with 2614 viewsgtsb

I'll judge him next season when he has had two transfer windows and is trying to get us up to the championship.
Six matches is a pre-season on 22:15 - Dec 13 with 2578 viewsMelford

Most managers have their pre-season with the squad of players they have bought in with six meaningless matches in which to work on his tactics and blend of players ready to start the season with zero games played, with the loan window open.

Bit different to coming into a team rooted to the bottom with a squad unfit for purpose ability-wise, confidence shot to bits after the last manager and his tw@tty mate destroyed the team. It's in no way like a pre-season, we're right in the sh!t scrapping for every point.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

on 22:24 - Dec 13 with 2551 views_

Six matches is a pre-season on 21:40 - Dec 13 by gtsb

I'll judge him next season when he has had two transfer windows and is trying to get us up to the championship.

Six matches is a pre-season on 10:15 - Dec 14 with 2382 viewsFrimleyBlue

Shouldn't he be judged once he's had the chance to make his own squad?

Bit harsh to have any expectations regarding results when he's taken over the squad that he has.

The fact we're getting excited over sears getting a contract extension, shows how poor the attacking side of our game is. Sure he's a great guy and has started to find form again, but we've been here before with Freddie. The sad thing is the alternative to him is Roberts, Harrison and Jackson, where I see none of them being at the club in a years time.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Six matches is a pre-season on 10:28 - Dec 14 with 2361 viewsSwansea_Blue

We'll we've won about as many points as in a typical pre-season, so you may have a point.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Six matches is a pre-season on 13:26 - Dec 14 with 2294 viewsJimmyJazz

Six matches is a pre-season on 10:15 - Dec 14 by FrimleyBlue

Shouldn't he be judged once he's had the chance to make his own squad?

Bit harsh to have any expectations regarding results when he's taken over the squad that he has.

The fact we're getting excited over sears getting a contract extension, shows how poor the attacking side of our game is. Sure he's a great guy and has started to find form again, but we've been here before with Freddie. The sad thing is the alternative to him is Roberts, Harrison and Jackson, where I see none of them being at the club in a years time.

Do you see those 3 being sold? Will we accept a loss on Jackson?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Six matches is a pre-season on 13:34 - Dec 14 with 2278 viewsFrimleyBlue

Six matches is a pre-season on 13:26 - Dec 14 by JimmyJazz

Do you see those 3 being sold? Will we accept a loss on Jackson?

I can, Harrison, we haven't seen a lot of, but Roberts is doing a job at the moment, but still looks way off. and Jackson is all pace and no intelligence as a championship striker IMO. They way football has changed I don't think we'll have the patience to keep them on, paying them etc in the hope they come good.

With new strikers coming in, sears new deal, lankester coming in and developing, I can't see there being any room for them.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Six matches is a pre-season on 16:02 - Dec 14 with 2194 viewsCurrie10

Six matches is a pre-season on 21:14 - Dec 13 by m14_blue

Exactly, I think Pep would struggle to do much with this group.

It’s absurd to judge PL before he’s had a chance to bring his own players in.

I'd like to see what Pep could do at a non bankrolled difficult job.

Not dismissing the jobs he's done at Barca / Bayern + Man City - but the biggest spenders pretty much in each league with superb players.

He had a spell at Brescia as a coach - please after City, go somewhere that's a challenge.

Make 1860 Munich great again or something.

Or go PSG and have another non challenge.
Six matches is a pre-season on 17:09 - Dec 14 with 2158 viewsLeagueOne

Except we were not playing League of Ireland sides, Colchester and West Ham so no, it wasn't a Town pre-season - I don't know how anyone can really judge Lambert on this season anyway, he started with a mess and hasn't been able to do much with it accept attack games and try and instill some fight in the side but - points wise he's done worse than Hurst with this mob but i'd challenge Sir Alex himself to buy a win for this lot. He may have been wiser to park the bus against some of the better teams just to pick up the odd point though, he's almost Burley in 1994 in that sense.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Six matches is a pre-season on 18:51 - Dec 14 with 2109 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You forget that he needs a transfer window first, and then 6 games equivalent to a pre-season to bed the new players in. But it’s ok because he can then get to work on saving us from March

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Six matches is a pre-season on 20:18 - Dec 14 with 2033 viewsgood_at_COD

Six matches is a pre-season on 22:15 - Dec 13 by Melford

Most managers have their pre-season with the squad of players they have bought in with six meaningless matches in which to work on his tactics and blend of players ready to start the season with zero games played, with the loan window open.

Bit different to coming into a team rooted to the bottom with a squad unfit for purpose ability-wise, confidence shot to bits after the last manager and his tw@tty mate destroyed the team. It's in no way like a pre-season, we're right in the sh!t scrapping for every point.

Except that the squad you think - and no doubt Lambert agrees with that point of view - wasn’t fit for purpose achieved more, in terms of average points per game, under Hurst than they are doing under Lambert.
Frankly, I find the Lambert PR embarrassing. Indeed, the only thing I find more embarrassing is that so many of you on here are falling hook, line and sinker for it. Oh, and his ridiculous touchline antics.
Looking back at Hurst’s results we scored three to win at Swansea, two to draw with a good side in Birmingham, drew with Villa despite playing for more than an hour with 10 men and drew with the team currently at the top of the table on a day when we could, and probably should, have taken all three points.
I’ll agree it wasn’t great and that Hurst had to go but I’m afraid I remain thoroughly unconvinced that Lambert is the Messiah.
What’s more, we have just lost four in a row, something we last did more than six years ago. Yet many of you are buying into Lambert’s latest nonsense that we’re not far off being a right top side.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 20:27]

Giggsy

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024