Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Female players in the Darts world championships... 21:23 - Dec 13 with 4617 viewsSitfcB

Just seems weird.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

on 21:43 - Dec 13 with 4578 views_

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 21:51 - Dec 13 with 4567 viewsgtsb

on 21:43 - Dec 13 by _

because it hasn't happened before so will seem strange at first.
on 21:53 - Dec 13 with 4562 views_

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 21:51 - Dec 13 by gtsb

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 21:56 - Dec 13 with 4553 viewsgtsb

on 21:53 - Dec 13 by _

but nothing like the 70's & 80's darts 'athletes'.
Female players in the Darts world championships... on 22:05 - Dec 13 with 4530 viewsJ2BLUE

Darts is one sport where mixed competitions makes perfect sense.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 22:07 - Dec 13 with 4522 viewsgainsboroughblue

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 21:51 - Dec 13 by gtsb

It's happened twice before.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 22:14 - Dec 13 with 4502 viewsgtsb

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 22:07 - Dec 13 by gainsboroughblue

It's happened twice before.

Not women and men playing for the same world championship title . The mens and womens world championships have run side by side yes.
Female players in the Darts world championships... on 22:15 - Dec 13 with 4499 viewsFtnfwest

Are they drinking babycham instead of pints?
Login to get fewer ads

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 22:16 - Dec 13 with 4485 viewswkj

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 22:15 - Dec 13 by Ftnfwest

Are they drinking babycham instead of pints?

Nah, something much more girly, Fosters

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 22:20 - Dec 13 with 4479 viewsFtnfwest

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 22:16 - Dec 13 by wkj

Nah, something much more girly, Fosters

Have to say I’m not sure about darts but a few birds in the snooker would get me interested
Female players in the Darts world championships... on 22:34 - Dec 13 with 4453 viewsgtsb

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 22:20 - Dec 13 by Ftnfwest

Have to say I’m not sure about darts but a few birds in the snooker would get me interested

I can just about see your point...
Female players in the Darts world championships... on 22:55 - Dec 13 with 4409 viewsFtnfwest

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 22:34 - Dec 13 by gtsb

I can just about see your point...

I know where I’d be resting my cue etc..
Female players in the Darts world championships... on 23:06 - Dec 13 with 4390 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Dude... that’s Martin Schindler.

Seriously though, Ashton played well. This is a necessary change in the sport, no gender based competitions as there is no benefit or disadvantage based on your gender (and before someone says it, no, there are not 74 genders, and gender isn’t a social construct)

Men and women play each other in pub leagues, but county level still has a split, which is absurd.

Anyway Sitters, you wait til Anastasia shows up..

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 23:30 - Dec 13 with 4369 viewsgainsboroughblue

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 22:14 - Dec 13 by gtsb

Not women and men playing for the same world championship title . The mens and womens world championships have run side by side yes.

Dobromyslova played in the PDC mens in 2009.
Canada's Gayl King played in 2001.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 14:31 - Dec 14 with 4155 viewsBlueBadger

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 22:05 - Dec 13 by J2BLUE

Darts is one sport where mixed competitions makes perfect sense.

Apart from snooker, motor sports and anything horsey.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 14:32 - Dec 14 with 4153 viewsSpruceMoose

on 21:43 - Dec 13 by _

Because they have smaller baps than the blokes.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 14:45 - Dec 14 with 4136 viewschristiand

Personally, think it adds another dimension to the tournament. The girls that are competing have had to earn their place, so they're good enough and giving them the opportunity to participate will inspire a younger generation. Feel it's a win, win really.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 15:18 - Dec 14 with 4103 viewsRadlett_blue

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 14:45 - Dec 14 by christiand

Personally, think it adds another dimension to the tournament. The girls that are competing have had to earn their place, so they're good enough and giving them the opportunity to participate will inspire a younger generation. Feel it's a win, win really.

The two women competing in the PWDC have not "earned their place", the organisers reserved 2 placed for women. However, if they are up to scratch then it may encourage more women to play darts.
It's strange how in games where size & strength shouldn't be an advantage, there are separate competitions for women - see also snooker, chess, bridge.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 18:14 - Dec 14 with 4035 viewsFelstow1978

This PC stuff is all very well, but if the girlies are allowed to pretend to be playing at sports, who's going to be doing the knitting and washing up?

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 18:41 - Dec 14 with 4005 viewsWD19

Know any female players that could do a job up front for us?
Female players in the Darts world championships... on 19:50 - Dec 14 with 3959 viewsLord_Lucan

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 15:18 - Dec 14 by Radlett_blue

The two women competing in the PWDC have not "earned their place", the organisers reserved 2 placed for women. However, if they are up to scratch then it may encourage more women to play darts.
It's strange how in games where size & strength shouldn't be an advantage, there are separate competitions for women - see also snooker, chess, bridge.

Funnily enough I was thinking about this yesterday.

Would the top female chess player come close to the top man - and so on

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 20:01 - Dec 14 with 3944 viewsgtsb

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 19:50 - Dec 14 by Lord_Lucan

Funnily enough I was thinking about this yesterday.

Would the top female chess player come close to the top man - and so on

That's a good question and if not why not.
Female players in the Darts world championships... on 20:08 - Dec 14 with 3929 viewsLord_Lucan

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 20:01 - Dec 14 by gtsb

That's a good question and if not why not.

I don't know the answer but would confidently guess that men would come on top of most things.

I don't know why, maybe they get more time to practice, although since power irons, cordless vacuum cleaners and dishwashers have become more affordable you would think they ought to pull their finger out.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:09 - Dec 14 with 3928 viewsBueller

Female players in the Darts world championships... on 15:18 - Dec 14 by Radlett_blue

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024