Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too many games... 09:29 - Dec 16 with 1718 viewsSE1blue

Watch MOTD and three different clubs have made the comment of having to play “too many games” in a few weeks.

They need to get over themselves.

The premier league clubs have so much more money to cope with buying bigger squads and can rest players. They get to enter cup competitions at a later stage and play way less league games than any of the other divisions.

As bad as a drop to league one would be, or yet another season in the Championship, I just can’t stand the level of entitlement expected in the PL.

Newcastle cancelled their Christmas party as they have “too many games” - they’ve not even played in Europe this season.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Too many games... on 09:51 - Dec 16 with 1638 viewsSitfcB

When does that dopey winter ‘break’ start? Next season?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Too many games... on 09:56 - Dec 16 with 1623 viewsm14_blue

Football is for the fans and it’s because of the fans that all these people get paid astronomical amounts and have a lifestyle is mere mortals could only dream of.

And then they complain about actually having to play games.

Fans love the festive season, they need to deal with it.

Rafa is particularly bad for moaning, see his melodramatics over their red card the other week, which was a perfectly reasonable decision.

The PL can do one.
Too many games... on 09:56 - Dec 16 with 1624 viewsjonbull88

“Newcastle cancelled their Christmas party as they have “too many games” - they’ve not even played in Europe this season”. - Anyone would think Newcastle had never played in Premiership before.

It really bugs me when managers moan about too many games together yet then moan about a lack of Christmas break. Guarantee it will be moaned they have to play more closer together when the break comes in 😂
Too many games... on 09:58 - Dec 16 with 1607 viewsm14_blue

Too many games... on 09:56 - Dec 16 by jonbull88

“Newcastle cancelled their Christmas party as they have “too many games” - they’ve not even played in Europe this season”. - Anyone would think Newcastle had never played in Premiership before.

It really bugs me when managers moan about too many games together yet then moan about a lack of Christmas break. Guarantee it will be moaned they have to play more closer together when the break comes in 😂

And they will also spend their pre season travelling all across the world to play money spinning friendlies.
Too many games... on 10:25 - Dec 16 with 1538 viewsBent_double

I'm surprised the whole football league program wasn't cancelled yesterday, the poor players shouldn't have been made to play out in that nasty weather.

Give it a few years, and the powers that be will decide that every PL stadium will need a roof, or risk games being cancelled so not to put players (and fans?) at risk of catching a bad cold.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Too many games... on 10:29 - Dec 16 with 1522 viewsBasuco

Especially as on Radio Suffolk a local lower league manager was saying they had 7 games in 14 days over Christmas, the poor prem lovies would never do that and also in the game changers book Town played scum on Boxing Day and Arsenal at Highbury the next day. But these days so called professional players often get cramp after 80 minutes of a game so how can they expect to play two games in three or four days? They just need start training for a 90 minute game!
Too many games... on 10:40 - Dec 16 with 1492 viewsLord_Lucan

In our treble chasing season a load of our players played more games than Newcastle's team will do this season - with one sub, dodgy pitches, heavier balls - and amateur medical staff.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 10:43]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Too many games... on 13:32 - Dec 16 with 1386 viewsstrikalite

It's the same for every team after all, so not sure what the argument is, I know they complain more about the mental fatigue aspect of raising players to the level required more so than the physical aspect...
Login to get fewer ads

Too many games... on 14:16 - Dec 16 with 1334 viewsWonky

Living on a different planet. Pay me five, (six?) figures and I'll play seven times a week.

Meanwhile back in the real world....
Too many games... on 14:43 - Dec 16 with 1293 viewsTractorWood

Agree. I cringed when I heard Newcastle had cancelled their Christmas party but I bet some fans will lap that up.

Some of these players need to go and watch ultra runners or Ironman competitions to get an idea what fatigue is.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Too many games... on 14:57 - Dec 16 with 1262 viewsmonytowbray

Not like they have the whole summer off in May/June.

Their entire job is getting paid more money in a week most people earn less than in a year to keep in peak physical condition. They have every sports science and fitness perk money can buy to do so. They should be able to play 3 games in a week. How many games did our 81 cup winning side play that season? And most of them did it pissed with a fag hanging out their mouth.

Problem these days is entitlement.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Too many games... on 14:59 - Dec 16 with 1257 viewsmonytowbray

Too many games... on 14:57 - Dec 16 by monytowbray

Not like they have the whole summer off in May/June.

Their entire job is getting paid more money in a week most people earn less than in a year to keep in peak physical condition. They have every sports science and fitness perk money can buy to do so. They should be able to play 3 games in a week. How many games did our 81 cup winning side play that season? And most of them did it pissed with a fag hanging out their mouth.

Problem these days is entitlement.

Read that last bit and realised I sound like an old man. Fuuuuu...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024