Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Might be the only one, but I don't think Sat was as bad as you think 11:48 - Jan 7 with 1467 viewsFrimleyBlue

Looking back at it, we could and should have lets be honest scored a fair few goals.
This has been one of our biggest issues this season. If you score up top, it's less pressure on the backline.

Granted, another goal conceded and again, it was an easy set piece goal to score. BUT if we can just find that goalscorer everything would immediately look a lot better.
As we saw with Waghorn, it doesn't need to cost the earth to find one, it's taking a gamble on a player. Perhaps Keane will be this, maybe not, but I still think, with a better forward line, we'd improve drastically.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Might be the only one, but I don't think Sat was as bad as you think on 11:50 - Jan 7 with 1456 viewsfooters

Didn't we only muster one shot off target?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Might be the only one, but I don't think Sat was as bad as you think on 11:51 - Jan 7 with 1445 viewsTractorCam

We should have scored 2 goals, both Sears, when we were 1-0 down. Other than that we didn't have any clear cut chances and Accrington could have easily also scored at least 3 before they did score.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Might be the only one, but I don't think Sat was as bad as you think on 11:53 - Jan 7 with 1427 viewsTractorWood

Might get a whoosh here but we don't have a midfield capable of creating sufficient chances for our front men. They mostly and have done for the last 3 years chase scraps. This is fine when you have a Murphy, Garner or Waghorn who love a tustle and are excellent at holding the ball up and bringing players in because as you say it lifts the rest of the sides shape.

If you watch a Leeds, Scum or even a Forest they create 6/7 chances a game. We create maybe 1/2.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Might be the only one, but I don't think Sat was as bad as you think on 12:28 - Jan 7 with 1369 viewsOsborneOneNil

Might be the only one, but I don't think Sat was as bad as you think on 11:53 - Jan 7 by TractorWood

Might get a whoosh here but we don't have a midfield capable of creating sufficient chances for our front men. They mostly and have done for the last 3 years chase scraps. This is fine when you have a Murphy, Garner or Waghorn who love a tustle and are excellent at holding the ball up and bringing players in because as you say it lifts the rest of the sides shape.

If you watch a Leeds, Scum or even a Forest they create 6/7 chances a game. We create maybe 1/2.

Spot on, midfield has been workmanlike for yonks.
Might be the only one, but I don't think Sat was as bad as you think on 12:34 - Jan 7 with 1337 viewsJimInGreensboro

The closest we came to scoring was a ball off their lad's head.
Might be the only one, but I don't think Sat was as bad as you think on 14:36 - Jan 7 with 1221 viewsSaleAway

Might be the only one, but I don't think Sat was as bad as you think on 11:53 - Jan 7 by TractorWood

The issues for me are hugely down to our soft centred midfield... we lack presence here and have done for years, so have often resorted to playing 5 in midfield, but without anyone really properly understanding their roles..

IMO if we could find a proper, quality holding midfielder, and a decent box 2 box midfielder, then we'd be able to play with creative wide men, and 2 up front, and we'd be much better. I think its a simpler shape, and we'd be able to get better understanding between the players. Currently, despite 5 midfielders, opponents always seem to be able to find space through us.

Recently our problem is that Skuse is our best holding midfielder, and whilst he does a lot of good stuff, mopping up, his lack of real mobility, and the lack of a quality partner for him, has meant that we can easily get overrun, so we flood the midfield instead.

I don't know what combination of what we have or could get would work, but I do think that allowing us 2 up front would work better with the strikers we have, and that a solid midfielder would without doubt help our beleagured defence.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

on 14:37 - Jan 7 with 1212 views_

Might be the only one, but I don't think Sat was as bad as you think on 14:40 - Jan 7 with 1201 viewsIpswichKnight

We were awful in the first half, only player who showed any kind of fight was Downes but he had to come off before he was sent off. We were better in the 2nd half once Bishop came on and we decided to run at them and lets be honest they were not the fittest side either!

We created pressure but did nothing with it, Lionel Sears had the best chances and again when he goes one on one with the keeper I fancy the keeper every time.

I'd also say our set piece play was just plain awful we may as well kick the ball out for a goal kick at least we won't be caught on the counter then.
Login to get fewer ads

Might be the only one, but I don't think Sat was as bad as you think on 14:43 - Jan 7 with 1193 viewsJ2BLUE

It seems you've realised people are bored of your constant negativity so you've decided to completely flip your opinion the other way to try and repair your reputation

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Might be the only one, but I don't think Sat was as bad as you think on 14:46 - Jan 7 with 1182 viewsFrimleyBlue

Might be the only one, but I don't think Sat was as bad as you think on 14:43 - Jan 7 by J2BLUE

It seems you've realised people are bored of your constant negativity so you've decided to completely flip your opinion the other way to try and repair your reputation

Not a chance J2, i'll say what's on my mind mate, just think looking back to sat, sears puts the ball away, 90% of these posts aren't even written.

Funny old game football

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Might be the only one, but I don't think Sat was as bad as you think on 14:59 - Jan 7 with 1139 viewsPositivelyPortman

Might be the only one, but I don't think Sat was as bad as you think on 11:51 - Jan 7 by TractorCam

We should have scored 2 goals, both Sears, when we were 1-0 down. Other than that we didn't have any clear cut chances and Accrington could have easily also scored at least 3 before they did score.

That isn’t true. The player everybody seems to blame for all that’s gone wrong - Nolan - had a rasping shot on target that the keeper luckily pushed round the post.
Check the highlights.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024