Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... 07:08 - Jan 11 with 1671 viewsbontcho

Coin toss in goal.

Pretty predictable back 4 unless Collins signs and is ready.

I think Skuse will play, he’s so important to us, and Bishop will play. The 3rd midfielder is probably either Chalobah, Dozzell or Downes - I reckon the former. Huws likely to come off the bench.

I thought I had his front three then he said Quaner is a centre forward which means it’s one of him or Keane - I reckon Quaner. Sears on the left then either Dawkins or Lankester on the right - I think he likes Lankester off the bench so may be Dawkins?

Gerken

Spence Chambers Pennington Elder

Chalobah Skuse
Bishop

Dawkins Sears
Quaner

Subs: Bart, Collins/Nsiala, Kenlock, Huws, Dozzell, Lankester, Keane.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 07:19 - Jan 11 with 1633 viewsCuffy81

Thsts pretty logical, my only thought would be if might play 2 up as he bigged Keane up yesterday but that would require a system change.
The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 07:28 - Jan 11 with 1612 viewsbontcho

The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 07:19 - Jan 11 by Cuffy81

Thsts pretty logical, my only thought would be if might play 2 up as he bigged Keane up yesterday but that would require a system change.

Yeah, that threw me as I thought Quaner would play wide right. The really ballsy move would be to play Keane instead of Bishop but we’ve basically played the same formation since PL joined and I’d be surprised if he changed it. He’s not a 3 at the back manager from what I remember but that’s an option (Dawkins/Sears out, Keane/Collins in).

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 08:00 - Jan 11 with 1541 viewsCuffy81

The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 07:28 - Jan 11 by bontcho

Yeah, that threw me as I thought Quaner would play wide right. The really ballsy move would be to play Keane instead of Bishop but we’ve basically played the same formation since PL joined and I’d be surprised if he changed it. He’s not a 3 at the back manager from what I remember but that’s an option (Dawkins/Sears out, Keane/Collins in).

Yeah he certainly prefers 433 though we really haven't created much from open play recently - we need goals & wins to get out of this mess.

Keane has the technical ability to play as the 10, could be a way of getting him in and add to the physicality of the team

Not sure are wide players are suited to playing in a 4 though.

Dawkins plays on the left but is right footed
The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 08:11 - Jan 11 with 1515 viewsIpswichKnight

Suspect he will start Bart in goal, pretty sure the back 4 will be the same as at Accrington, not convinced that if Collins does sign he will be match ready for tomorrow.

Midfield will depend on who's fit, he likes Downes so i'm pretty certain he will start, Bishop played well when he came on at Accrington and we do need someone prepared to run with the ball. Then it really depends on who's fit enough to start we do miss Skuse but we look pedestrian with the ball when we play Downes, Skuse and Chalobah. My guess is it will be Downes, Bishop and Chalobah.

Upfront is even harder to call. Even though PL says he thinks Quaner is a centre forward I think we will see him play a bit wider with Keane as the middle striker, think Lankester will start on the other side. Remember Rotherham got thrashed at the weekend an early goal for us and the doubt will creep back in.

Bart
Spence,Chambers, Pennington, Elder
Downes Bishop Chalobah
Lankester Keane Quaner
The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 08:21 - Jan 11 with 1485 viewsOsborneOneNil

I’d have Lankester in after he scored nice and early in the last game at PR
The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 08:27 - Jan 11 with 1470 viewsitfcjoe

My guess

Gerken

Spence
Chambers
Pennington
Elder

Chalobah

Downes
Bishop

Quaner
Sears

Keane

Whilst I take point about Quaner being seen as a striker, I think Lambert will want to find a way of getting them both in the team for their height and physicality without changing shape.

Team is harsh on Harrison and Lankester who were both very good against Millwall

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 08:28 - Jan 11 with 1466 viewsreusersfreekicks

That's a Hurst permanent signing free squad!
Think Jackson or Harrison will be on the bench
The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 08:35 - Jan 11 with 1441 viewsgordon

The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 08:27 - Jan 11 by itfcjoe

My guess

Gerken

Spence
Chambers
Pennington
Elder

Chalobah

Downes
Bishop

Quaner
Sears

Keane

Whilst I take point about Quaner being seen as a striker, I think Lambert will want to find a way of getting them both in the team for their height and physicality without changing shape.

Team is harsh on Harrison and Lankester who were both very good against Millwall

Think it will be this but Skuse (if fit enough) straight back in for Downes. I'd probably go with Lankester ahead of Sears, but not sure PL will.
Login to get fewer ads

The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 09:27 - Jan 11 with 1366 viewsGooders7592

Bart/Gerken (doesn't really matter)
Pennington Chambers Toto Elder
Skuse
Bishop Downes
Quaner Keane Lankester

I can't see PL not playing either Quaner or Keane tomorrow. Lankester is full of confidence so I would assume that's a no brainer. Huws & Dawkins/Sears from the bench. If Skuse isn't fit than Chalobah but lack of experience in the middle is worrying. I'll be very surprised if Collins starts tomorrow without playing since last season. I'd drop Spence and play Pennington there as Toto did alright last weekend.
The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 09:34 - Jan 11 with 1346 viewsPJH

The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 08:28 - Jan 11 by reusersfreekicks

I thought yesterday that we should now be able to pick our best 18 and not have any of Hurst's permanent signings in it.

I think possibly Jackson or Harrison might make the bench on occasions.

Whilst it was logical to assume that not ALL of his lower league signings would be good enough it would also have been logical to assume that SOME of them would be.
I do not think that any one of them is good enough to establish themselves at Championship level-not here seemingly anyway.
The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 09:53 - Jan 11 with 1301 viewsSomethingBlue

No way Dawkins starts, although I imagine Quaner will get an hour.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 10:16 - Jan 11 with 1270 viewsWD19

Gerken
Spence, Chambers, Pennington, Elder
Bishop, Skuse, Chalobah
Lankester, Keane, Sears

Would prefer Bart tbh.
Quaner from the bench.
The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 10:23 - Jan 11 with 1249 viewsEly_Blue

The team PL will pick for tomorrow.... on 08:28 - Jan 11 by reusersfreekicks

Jackson will be the one who loses out, he is not enough of an all round player to fit into our team that needs to fight for everything, he needs to feed off someone else so he is just an out and out striker who wants it on the ground.

Sears - can play out wide, will track back can defend
Harrison - pretty good in the air, can hold the ball up better than Jackson, is also quite skilful on the floor too, has better all round ability than Jackson

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024