Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices 13:53 - Feb 5 with 2719 viewsMrTown

He announces ticket deals and then get slaughtered, he can’t right for doing wrong.

I’m an ST holder but personally think it’s a good move to try and get the crowds back.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 13:56 - Feb 5 with 2232 viewsTractorCam

Every fan will always have something to moan at. If you're an Evans hater you'll almost definitely have an opportunity to moan at everything.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 14:22 - Feb 5 with 2188 viewsMrTown

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 13:56 - Feb 5 by TractorCam

Every fan will always have something to moan at. If you're an Evans hater you'll almost definitely have an opportunity to moan at everything.

Agree, by no mean an Evans hater, by no means an Evans lover. But I can appreciate that he trying to make decisions that on the face of it are beneficial to the club at the moment. I.e more active role,m day to day, high wages for loan players, ticket promotions.

But like you said, they’ll always be people who will criticise before they praise in regards to Evans.

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 14:43 - Feb 5 with 2149 viewsitfcjoe

People moan about prices but fail to see that we have actually done a lot with them over the last few seasons.

- No more categories for bigger games
- No more on the day extra fee
- £25 for lower tier, £30 for upper around the ground
- Season tickets drop 10%

They moan because they think it is expensive, is £25 really expensive to watch Championship football?

Look around the region (All for lower tier tickets where we charge £25)
Needham Market £11
Felixstowe £8
Colchester United £20
Cambridge £20
Southend £22 (£25 if bought on the day)
Norwich - between £20-£40
Leiston £11
Peterborough - £24-£26 in advance, £26-£28 on the day

Where do people think we should place ourselves here? Genuinely.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:03 - Feb 5 with 2106 viewsMrTown

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 14:43 - Feb 5 by itfcjoe

People moan about prices but fail to see that we have actually done a lot with them over the last few seasons.

They moan because they think it is expensive, is £25 really expensive to watch Championship football?

Needham Market £11
Felixstowe £8
Colchester United £20
Cambridge £20
Leiston £11

It’s an interesting read, and certainly adds some perspective.

I begrudge the prices with the idea that really fans should be paying for entertainment, it’s an entertainment business. And the lack of transfers or lack of quality that is produced doesn’t really reflect the price.

Having said that, I also understand the club needs revenue streams and regardless of transfers with price accordingly to what the market is saying.

I buy a ST, so in the bigger picture it doesn’t effect me. But I can see both sides, although I see no negatives with the current ticket promotions been offered.

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:09 - Feb 5 with 2081 viewsitfcjoe

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:03 - Feb 5 by MrTown

It’s an interesting read, and certainly adds some perspective.

I begrudge the prices with the idea that really fans should be paying for entertainment, it’s an entertainment business. And the lack of transfers or lack of quality that is produced doesn’t really reflect the price.

Having said that, I also understand the club needs revenue streams and regardless of transfers with price accordingly to what the market is saying.

I buy a ST, so in the bigger picture it doesn’t effect me. But I can see both sides, although I see no negatives with the current ticket promotions been offered.

Sport isn't purely entertainment though, it's about winning.

I just find when people moan about matchday pricing, how much do they think it should cost? Prices have barely gone up on a match to match basis in 20 years in reality

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:13 - Feb 5 with 2070 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Needham Market £11
Felixstowe £8
Colchester United £20
Cambridge £20
Leiston £11

Everyone expecting £10-£15 tickets next season are going to be in for a shock then

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:13 - Feb 5 with 2065 viewsSpruceMoose

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:09 - Feb 5 by itfcjoe

I just find when people moan about matchday pricing, how much do they think it should cost? Prices have barely gone up on a match to match basis in 20 years in reality

I agree. I do think there could be a discussion to be had about how the matchday experience could be vastly improved though, in terms of helping people feel that they get value for money.

In my experience of German football for example, or even some American sporting events (not that we necessarily want to go down that road) the ancillary offerings around the main event go along way to making people feel that their money is well spent.

From the catering, to the giveaways, to the fact that you can have a drink in your seat, other sports/countries seem to have a better product than the UK.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 15:14]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:34 - Feb 5 with 2002 viewschristiand

Certainly not an ME lover, but feel it is the right thing to do, to try and entice the fans back. The problem will be next season in League One, that's where he is going to need to be creative with pricing and ticket promotions. Unfortunately, as the last decade has shown this is an area of weakness for ME and his advisers, it's not often they gets this right from the off!!
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 15:36]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:40 - Feb 5 with 1979 viewsFrimleyBlue

People will find blame with anything just to have a go at ME

IMO, As Lambert said, people need to back off ME and support the club as a whole and he's included in this.

Seems to be a lot of 'fans' who don't actually understand their own arguments

" No ticket deals"
" Booooo to many deals

" doesn't invest"
" Lots of Money wasted

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:42 - Feb 5 with 1969 viewsSpruceMoose

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:40 - Feb 5 by FrimleyBlue

People will find blame with anything just to have a go at ME

IMO, As Lambert said, people need to back off ME and support the club as a whole and he's included in this.

Seems to be a lot of 'fans' who don't actually understand their own arguments

" No ticket deals"
" Booooo to many deals

" doesn't invest"
" Lots of Money wasted

Honestly Frimmers, it isn't all about YOU! We are talking about Marcus Evans here.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:53 - Feb 5 with 1942 viewsLeagueOne

I know, it's almost like he's been the main decision maker between 11 years of awful football, increased and unreasonable ticket prices, the employer of more than a handful of bad managers and the man who's led Ipswich into the third division for the first time since the 1950's.

Yeah, Ipswich fans, what dicks for not thinking that's a good thing.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:55 - Feb 5 with 1932 viewsTractorCam

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:53 - Feb 5 by LeagueOne

I know, it's almost like he's been the main decision maker between 11 years of awful football, increased and unreasonable ticket prices, the employer of more than a handful of bad managers and the man who's led Ipswich into the third division for the first time since the 1950's.

Amazing, you've gone on a big blub about something completely irrelevant to the conversation. Point proven.

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:57 - Feb 5 with 1923 viewsITFC_Forever

But £25 a match isn't that unreasonable.

And £16.52 certainly isn't (price of Lower North ST divided by 23).

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:59 - Feb 5 with 1916 viewsReuser_is_God

Needham Market £11
Felixstowe £8
Colchester United £20
Cambridge £20
Leiston £11

How was the fans forum?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 16:04 - Feb 5 with 1895 viewsLeagueOne

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:55 - Feb 5 by TractorCam

Amazing, you've gone on a big blub about something completely irrelevant to the conversation. Point proven.

"blub" get a life mate, just because you blindly lick the owner's arse whatever happens. Some of us can think for ourselves, try it, dickhead.

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 16:05 - Feb 5 with 1895 viewsMrTown

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:09 - Feb 5 by itfcjoe

If you lose the entertainment experience of football, you will lose 1,000’s of people in gate receipts, you can cite back to the tail end of MM era.

We were steady under MM, won games lost games, mid table! The height of what we will really achieve, but fans wouldn’t go because of entertainment been displayed.

Going to Ipswich is a luxury not a necessity, and if people pay £25 for 1 hour and half of entertainment they want to walk away thinking: “yeah, I’d go back again”.

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 16:05 - Feb 5 with 1895 viewsTractorWood

Needham Market £11
Felixstowe £8
Colchester United £20
Cambridge £20
Leiston £11

Sensible post as usual, Joe. The only thing I'd say is that these price reductions are as a result of pressure from fans who've largely been ripped off post relegation from the Prem for 12-14 years.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 16:05 - Feb 5 with 1891 viewsLeagueOne

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:57 - Feb 5 by ITFC_Forever

But £25 a match isn't that unreasonable.

And £16.52 certainly isn't (price of Lower North ST divided by 23).

Have you seen us play over the last 5 or 6 years?

The football has been atrocious and some parts of the ground are more expensive than the Premier League. It's not worth £25 a match and hasn't been for a long time.

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 16:06 - Feb 5 with 1889 viewsitfcjoe

Have the prices increased and become unreasonable under his watch - what were they before?

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 16:06 - Feb 5 with 1889 viewsMrTown

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:42 - Feb 5 by SpruceMoose

Honestly Frimmers, it isn't all about YOU! We are talking about Marcus Evans here.

In regards to his investment, he really needs to find some better football people to lean. We do tend to recruit some serious dross.

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 16:07 - Feb 5 with 1890 viewsitfcjoe

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 15:59 - Feb 5 by Reuser_is_God

How was the fans forum?

Interesting enough, few main points of discussion were ticket prices for next season, Norwich away, Evans recent interviews.

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 16:10 - Feb 5 with 1869 viewsTractorCam

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 16:04 - Feb 5 by LeagueOne

"blub" get a life mate, just because you blindly lick the owner's arse whatever happens. Some of us can think for ourselves, try it, dickhead.

Are you done blubbing? I'm not an Evans lover, nobody is. But look how angry you've gotten about Evans just by me saying his name. Grow up.

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 16:10 - Feb 5 with 1865 viewsITFC_Forever

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 16:05 - Feb 5 by LeagueOne

Have you seen us play over the last 5 or 6 years?

The football has been atrocious and some parts of the ground are more expensive than the Premier League. It's not worth £25 a match and hasn't been for a long time.

But that wasn't the question. The question was "what is reasonable for Champ football".

And comparing prices to the Prem doesn't mean anything and is a red herring...ticket income is far more important in the Champ and even more important in L1 compared to the Prem - ticket income to many Prem clubs is incidental. They could give STs away for free and barely notice much drop in income.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 16:10 - Feb 5 with 1861 viewsTractorCam

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 16:07 - Feb 5 by itfcjoe

Interesting enough, few main points of discussion were ticket prices for next season, Norwich away, Evans recent interviews.

What was discussed about Norwich away?

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 16:11 - Feb 5 with 1858 viewsitfcjoe

Biggest gripe with Evans is ticket prices on 16:05 - Feb 5 by MrTown

If you lose the entertainment experience of football, you will lose 1,000’s of people in gate receipts, you can cite back to the tail end of MM era.

We were steady under MM, won games lost games, mid table! The height of what we will really achieve, but fans wouldn’t go because of entertainment been displayed.

Going to Ipswich is a luxury not a necessity, and if people pay £25 for 1 hour and half of entertainment they want to walk away thinking: “yeah, I’d go back again”.

Steady isn't entertaining though in reality, even if we were playing good football and finishing 12th, 16th, 9th with no real shot of the play offs or danger of relegation it doesn't get people excited.

I think as much of the issue with McCarthy was his attitude as much as the football in reality, because it wasn't always anywhere near as bad as made out.

Fans want excitement, and generally the league table and cup runs dictate that - not the quality of football to an extent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024