Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super Mick 10:41 - Mar 27 with 4045 viewsRenegade_Statman

We're top of the group with two wins from two, two goals scored and two clean sheets.

Can't wait to see Mick leading us into the Euros

#COYBIG

When you sleep I will creep into your thoughts, like a bad debt that you can't pay

Super Mick on 10:51 - Mar 27 with 3977 viewshorsehollerer

And two shots on target in each of those two games

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Super Mick on 10:59 - Mar 27 with 3954 viewsReuser_is_God

More chance of Mick to not be a massive helmet than lead Ireland to the Euros.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Super Mick on 11:00 - Mar 27 with 3950 viewsfooters

Super Mick on 10:59 - Mar 27 by Reuser_is_God

More chance of Mick to not be a massive helmet than lead Ireland to the Euros.

He's going to tell the ROI fans to feck off.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Super Mick on 11:10 - Mar 27 with 3911 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Superb win v Gibraltar.

#inspired

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Super Mick on 11:19 - Mar 27 with 3897 viewsclive_baker

It's a very Mick like start to his reign. 1 dire performance and 1 average one, but seems to have installed the 'don't get beat' mentality and ultimately it's all about results.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Super Mick on 11:24 - Mar 27 with 3877 viewsitfcjoe

Super Mick on 11:19 - Mar 27 by clive_baker

It's a very Mick like start to his reign. 1 dire performance and 1 average one, but seems to have installed the 'don't get beat' mentality and ultimately it's all about results.

They were in a bad place going into these qualifiers though - had really regressed under MO'N and RK.

But they just don't have any strikers so hard to know what else to do - McG was very good ploughing a lone furrow up front last night, but the replacement was Aiden O'Brien from Millwall. On Saturday they started Maguire from Preston who is more of a winger.

Robbie Keane is in the dugout, he should still be playing!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Super Mick on 11:31 - Mar 27 with 3857 viewsclive_baker

Super Mick on 11:24 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

They were in a bad place going into these qualifiers though - had really regressed under MO'N and RK.

But they just don't have any strikers so hard to know what else to do - McG was very good ploughing a lone furrow up front last night, but the replacement was Aiden O'Brien from Millwall. On Saturday they started Maguire from Preston who is more of a winger.

Robbie Keane is in the dugout, he should still be playing!

That's true, he's not blessed with a plethora of talent footballers, but nor have they come up against any in the past 2 matches. It's all relative to the opposition. Gibraltar are a pub team and Georgia didn't look much better. Of their 2 central midfielders, one is plying his trade in Kazakhstan and couldn't trap a bag of cement and the other can't get a game in Poland. Ireland have looked poor with the context of the dross they've faced IMO. That said, it's early days, and he's got 2 wins on the board so I don't suppose he'll mind too much about how they got there.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Super Mick on 11:44 - Mar 27 with 3807 viewschicoazul

It's a classic Banter Era irony that Mick is in fact effectively a caretaker in his own job as Ireland Manager.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Super Mick on 11:46 - Mar 27 with 3789 viewsitfcjoe

Super Mick on 11:31 - Mar 27 by clive_baker

That's true, he's not blessed with a plethora of talent footballers, but nor have they come up against any in the past 2 matches. It's all relative to the opposition. Gibraltar are a pub team and Georgia didn't look much better. Of their 2 central midfielders, one is plying his trade in Kazakhstan and couldn't trap a bag of cement and the other can't get a game in Poland. Ireland have looked poor with the context of the dross they've faced IMO. That said, it's early days, and he's got 2 wins on the board so I don't suppose he'll mind too much about how they got there.

I don't disagree with that, I foubd myself getting hugely frustrated watching the game as their decision making was so bad about slinging balls into the box, McLean especially.

But with it being first qualifiers, coming out with 6 points is a brilliant start, would've been easy to drop points and got behind the 8 ball

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Super Mick on 11:53 - Mar 27 with 3746 viewsrickw

Super Mick on 11:31 - Mar 27 by clive_baker

Yeah I think Mick's style is perhaps the best they can hope for at the moment.
I think their squad overall is stronger than any of the other British Isles squads (excluding England) but they lack a goalscorer, where-as Wales have Bale and Ramsey added to Championship players and some kids.

Mick will make them hard to beat and capable of nicking a goal, it won't be pretty, but he's capable of helping them get results against Switzerland and Denmark and getting close to qualifying

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Super Mick on 11:57 - Mar 27 with 3735 viewsReuser_is_God

Super Mick on 11:53 - Mar 27 by rickw

Yeah I think Mick's style is perhaps the best they can hope for at the moment.
I think their squad overall is stronger than any of the other British Isles squads (excluding England) but they lack a goalscorer, where-as Wales have Bale and Ramsey added to Championship players and some kids.

Mick will make them hard to beat and capable of nicking a goal, it won't be pretty, but he's capable of helping them get results against Switzerland and Denmark and getting close to qualifying

Wales have a lot more talent than ROI.

They’re absolutely streets ahead of ROI right now.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Super Mick on 11:58 - Mar 27 with 3729 viewstpsontour

Rather ironic that the two wins and clean sheets Mick has managed in four days with Ireland is something neither Hurst nor Lambert can beat from our 40-match season.
Super Mick on 15:01 - Mar 27 with 3580 viewsrickw

Super Mick on 11:57 - Mar 27 by Reuser_is_God

Wales have a lot more talent than ROI.

They’re absolutely streets ahead of ROI right now.

I disagree!
GK Hennessey / Randolph - Either
DR Roberts / Coleman - Ireland
DL Davies / Stevens - Wales
DC Mepham / Duffy - Ireland
DC Lawrence / Keogh - Ireland
RM Wilson / Brady - Ireland
LM James / McClean - Wales
CM Allen / Whelan - Wales
CM Smith / Hendrick - Ireland
AM Brooks / Hourihane - Wales
CF Bale / McGoldrick - Wales

5 of each for me but Ireland also have senior pro's on the bench like Arter, Doherty and Judge, Wales mostly have inexperienced but promising youngsters who I'm sure will become better but not at this moment
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 15:05]

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Super Mick on 15:14 - Mar 27 with 3544 viewsTrueBlueLikeKevinBru

ironic from the biggest Mick hater!
I think he was trying to be funny..... on 16:11 - Mar 27 with 3475 viewsBloots

Super Mick on 15:14 - Mar 27 by TrueBlueLikeKevinBru

ironic from the biggest Mick hater!

....either that or just attention seeking.

You can decide.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Super Mick on 09:32 - Mar 28 with 3224 viewsiamipswich

Super Mick on 15:01 - Mar 27 by rickw

I disagree!

5 of each for me but Ireland also have senior pro's on the bench like Arter, Doherty and Judge, Wales mostly have inexperienced but promising youngsters who I'm sure will become better but not at this moment

You spelt 'Ireland' wrong with that last one.

Poll: Who will return first?

I don't try to be funny on 10:16 - Mar 28 with 3181 viewsRenegade_Statman

I think he was trying to be funny..... on 16:11 - Mar 27 by Bloots

....either that or just attention seeking.

You can decide.

Ah! Bloots! You still peddle your drivel I see.

Not that I have to explain my reasons for posting to you, but in the interest of openness.

1 - Great start for Ireland in the group stages.
2 - Good to see Mick back in the game, albeit as a Caretaker Manager and not at Ipswich.

When you sleep I will creep into your thoughts, like a bad debt that you can't pay

Super Mick on 10:20 - Mar 28 with 3165 viewsKieran_Knows

Super Mick on 15:01 - Mar 27 by rickw

I disagree!

I like the look of that Matt Smith for Wales, signed a new 4 year deal with Man City the other day as well - currently having a good season with Twente in Holland in the Eerste Divisie too.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Super Mick on 10:34 - Mar 28 with 3138 viewsMaySixth

Can't wait to see Ireland come up against average opposition.

I'm sure their sustainable flowing football will see them triumph.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024