Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers Red Card 11:59 - May 9 with 1521 viewsSamuelowen88

Do we know when we will hear if it’s been appealed ?

Poll: England v Wales Score

Chambers Red Card on 12:05 - May 9 with 1498 viewsSteve_M

It won't be, no point in risking an extra match ban. He'll just miss the first match of the season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Chambers Red Card on 12:07 - May 9 with 1481 viewsTractorCam

We won't appeal.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Chambers Red Card on 12:07 - May 9 with 1478 viewsSuperblue95

Why would we appeal? It was a blatant red. Accept and move on

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Chambers Red Card on 12:16 - May 9 with 1451 viewsHeathlander

Chambers Red Card on 12:07 - May 9 by Superblue95

Why would we appeal? It was a blatant red. Accept and move on

Does the double jeopardy thingamajig not come into play? Penalty and a yellow? Or have I got that completely wrong.
Chambers Red Card on 12:18 - May 9 with 1449 viewsGlebeTractor

There is nothing to appeal.

Was it a genuine attempt to play the ball?

It was a pull, so no.

Red card. DOGSO denying obvious goal scoring opportunity.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Chambers Red Card on 12:21 - May 9 with 1435 viewsSuperblue95

Chambers Red Card on 12:16 - May 9 by Heathlander

Does the double jeopardy thingamajig not come into play? Penalty and a yellow? Or have I got that completely wrong.

That rule only applies if there was a genuine attempt to play the ball. Chambo was pulling him back and kicking his heels for good measure

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Chambers Red Card on 12:21 - May 9 with 1434 viewsTractorCam

Chambers Red Card on 12:16 - May 9 by Heathlander

Bart made the save as he was tugged down didn't he? Therefore red card.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Chambers Red Card on 12:22 - May 9 with 1437 viewsPhilTWTD

Chambers Red Card on 12:05 - May 9 by Steve_M

It won't be, no point in risking an extra match ban. He'll just miss the first match of the season.

Just checked and it's not being appealed. Slightly surprised as I think the ref interpreted the rule wrongly in the circumstances and that's the sort of thing the appeals thing was brought in to address.

No Chambers Red Card Appeal 9th May 2019 12:19
Town have decided not to lodge an appeal against the red card skipper Luke Chambers was shown in Sunday's 3-2 final-day victory over Leeds United at Portman Road. 24

Login to get fewer ads

Chambers Red Card on 12:26 - May 9 with 1391 viewsSouperJim

Chambers Red Card on 12:22 - May 9 by PhilTWTD

Just checked and it's not being appealed. Slightly surprised as I think the ref interpreted the rule wrongly in the circumstances and that's the sort of thing the appeals thing was brought in to address.

Town have decided not to lodge an appeal against the red card skipper Luke Chambers was shown in Sunday's 3-2 final-day victory over Leeds United at Portman Road. 24

It's a grey area innit, for me he was holding his shirt while making a genuine attempt to get his foot on the ball. The ref clearly motioned that he was giving the foul for holding his shirt, so on that basis I would guess double jeopardy doesn't apply.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Chambers Red Card on 12:29 - May 9 with 1389 viewsSteve_M

Chambers Red Card on 12:22 - May 9 by PhilTWTD

With one camera angle and the obviousness of the foul it makes more sense not to I think even if there is a case.

With 100s of cameras then it might have been different. A bit like the angle on Leeds' second goal. To see the lower tier of the Co-op stand on their feet suggests something was blatantly wrong from that angle.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Chambers Red Card on 12:33 - May 9 with 1382 viewsPhilTWTD

Chambers Red Card on 12:29 - May 9 by Steve_M

With one camera angle and the obviousness of the foul it makes more sense not to I think even if there is a case.

With 100s of cameras then it might have been different. A bit like the angle on Leeds' second goal. To see the lower tier of the Co-op stand on their feet suggests something was blatantly wrong from that angle.

The second goal looked an obvious handball from right at the back of the Co-op Stand and just looked at it again and seems obvious. When are they introducing VAR into League One?

I suppose any appeal on those grounds depends on the referee's opinion. If he says he felt it was a deliberate trip rather than him misintepreting the rule - which you'd guess he might to cover his back - then it might be difficult to overturn.
Chambers Red Card on 12:35 - May 9 with 1371 viewsPhilTWTD

Chambers Red Card on 12:26 - May 9 by SouperJim

It's a grey area innit, for me he was holding his shirt while making a genuine attempt to get his foot on the ball. The ref clearly motioned that he was giving the foul for holding his shirt, so on that basis I would guess double jeopardy doesn't apply.

I didn't see the referee gesture - or much of a pull come to that - and all the talk post-match in the press room was about legs getting tangled, which is what it looked like to me, and on the clip I've just watched, although looked clumsier than I remembered at the time.
Chambers Red Card on 12:52 - May 9 with 1324 viewsFtnfwest

there was definitely 'contact' which seems to be enough for a sending off these days!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024