Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Col U report 22:59 - Jul 19 with 2923 viewsMrTown

First and foremost it was good to be back seeing the Town live ahead of the new season, I like the break but I fecking missed football.

Interesting line-up, as to be expected, the look of one CB left me perplexed pre match but it seems Lambert was looking at Kenlock at CB, not for me, not sure what Woolfenden and Ndaba would make of that either.

Holy - not much to do, very calm in between the sticks, a commanding voice, everything, and I mean everything in the air is his. Distribution v good.

Donacien - solid, not spectacular, that’s what you get from Donacien.

Chambers - thought he was v good, great leader, not such thing as a friendly for skip.

Kenlock - not a CB, thought he was v good at LB though, v good going forward, not overly tested defensively

Wilson - looked ok, typically looked a little shy off the pace, but think he could be a useful and shrewd signing at this level, hopefully further game time at Cambridge and Notts County for him.

Nydam - for a CM who has make-shifted into a LB he is v good at the role, tenacious and disciplined, a good option to have and would have no worries with him played there.

Downes - one of a couple MOTM performers for me, played the 6, did the dirty work well but also v good on the ball, an upgraded Luke Hyam.

Dozzell - neat and tidy, but fairly quiet, still needs to be dictating tempo of play more for me.

Mizouni- most advanced midfielder, has come on a lot physically since Bristol last year, v diligent pressing and was heavily involved in most ITFC attacking play first half.

Rowe - I personally thought was v good, a constant threat throughout, does like to come on his left too much but that’s just his game. Went off with a niggle I believe, hope nothing serious.

Garbutt - didn’t get involved enough to judge

Roberts - a really useful option I think at League 1 level I think. Lacks quality of other players but will offer something this season.

Huws - not really judging his performances at the moment, just getting rid of the ring rust.

Jackson - thought was superb, looked sharp over in Germany on TV, looks to have found another gear to his pace, took his second goal exceptionally well.

Norwood - a all round excellent ST performance - no such thing as friendlies for that man either which I love (similar to Downes and Chambers). Movement to create space for himself is fantastic, real turn of pace, strong, a proper handful throughout for two massive CB’s and his goals were symbolic of a genuine goal scorer.

Positive signs tonight, won’t be getting carried away though, still work to be done. COYB

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Col U report on 23:12 - Jul 19 with 2810 viewsunstableblue

Wow - you're right, we had a very similar opinion of the performance and players.

GREAT MINDS MrTown, GREAT MINDS

You make a great point I should have made that El Mizouni does seems to have really beefed up. And yes he was also very advanced. And seemed to be tyring to single-handedly solve our lack of chances in the first half.

Jackson was good, and I really think he can click for us, but there were flaws in his performance. But I'm being super critical.

Downes is a much much better upgrade to Hyam - but is deeper in my view. I think he can challenge Skuse is we want to play a more attacking midfiled. I like Skuse but he doesn;t always grab the game as Downes did tonight. He is also a much better passer of the ball.

I can;t help but get carried away!! - BLUE ARMY

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Col U report on 23:36 - Jul 19 with 2690 viewsMrTown

Col U report on 23:12 - Jul 19 by unstableblue

Wow - you're right, we had a very similar opinion of the performance and players.

You make a great point I should have made that El Mizouni does seems to have really beefed up. And yes he was also very advanced. And seemed to be tyring to single-handedly solve our lack of chances in the first half.

Jackson was good, and I really think he can click for us, but there were flaws in his performance. But I'm being super critical.

Downes is a much much better upgrade to Hyam - but is deeper in my view. I think he can challenge Skuse is we want to play a more attacking midfiled. I like Skuse but he doesn;t always grab the game as Downes did tonight. He is also a much better passer of the ball.

Great minds, great minds.

When we play with a 4-3-3/4-5-1 i personally believe in of the midfielders does have to have that advanced role otherwise you do become endangered of having a v lonesome striker.

Downes imo is certainly an upgrade on Hyam, a natural successor to Skuse and maybe this is the season we’re Skuse is faded out and Downes in, and I think a campaign with 50/60 games or whatever is perfect for that, at his age, whilst he still is a wise head with plenty to offer I think he’ll play maybe half the games. With the niggles at the back end of last year and likewise start of this you can start to see maybe his body is slightly deteriorating.

I think Jackson has had a v good pre season, but he is a v raw footballer, and will probably always have faults in the way he plays, but he’s had a good pre season and that’s only good news.

I was flicking through Twitter and trust me when I say, you would t be the only one getting carried away

Col U report on 23:42 - Jul 19 with 2662 viewsxrayspecs

Agree with most of the add. My only slightly different views...

I think Chambers is suspect against pace, he pulled back Nouble at least once, yellow cards in the league. Would want to see someone pacy alongside as cover. Still a leader.

Nydam did the hard work, would have liked to have seen him push on at time, every time he got to the halfway line, he seemed to check back. Garbutt looked off the pace which did not help.

Was impressed with Downes, Rowe, Jackson and Norwood - a real predator, such great movement. Also heartening to know we have Toto, Judge, Nolan, Edwards, Lankester, Bishop and Sears to come back in to the team.

COYB
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 23:46]
Col U report on 23:44 - Jul 19 with 2649 viewsMrTown

Col U report on 23:12 - Jul 19 by unstableblue

Bare in mind we are still missing:
Judge
Edwards
Nolan
Lankester
Bishop
Sears

Col U report on 23:46 - Jul 19 with 2639 viewsMrTown

Col U report on 23:42 - Jul 19 by xrayspecs

I think Chambers is suspect against pace, he pulled back Nouble at least once, yellow cards in the league. Would want to see someone pacy alongside as cover. Still a leader.

Nydam did the hard work, would have liked to have seen him push on at time, every time he got to the halfway line, he seemed to check back. Garbutt looked off the pace which did not help.

Was impressed with Downes, Rowe, Jackson and Norwood - a real predator, such great movement. Also heartening to know we have Toto, Judge, Nolan, Edwards, Lankester, Bishop and Sears to come back in to the team.

COYB

I think you’re right, but that’s nothing new, Chambers has been slowing down now for 9-12months.
34 years old this year, has played a ludicrous amount of football, he will now suffer against pace.

Although I don’t think Toto is a tugboat, I think he can shift.

Col U report on 23:48 - Jul 19 with 2624 viewsMrTown

Col U report on 23:42 - Jul 19 by xrayspecs

COYB

Not overly concerned about Garbutt not being involved enough tonight, 1 week with the club, a couple of training sessions with the squad, no real pre season, first start, probably natural he’ll be slightly off the pace.

Col U report on 00:27 - Jul 20 with 2535 viewsTIB

Solid report. Not sure if Garbutt is lacking fitness but a couple of times he didn’t track back after losing the ball / make forward runs when Nydam was looking for him.

Dozzell your bang on...he’s neat and tidy but I don’t see as much there as maybe others see!?!

Downes, Jackson and Kenlock could have big seasons...first time I’ve seen Mizouni and really liked his press and willingness to run with at players with the ball.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Col U report on 00:50 - Jul 20 with 2497 viewsartsbossbeard

I'll level with you, I don't think you understand the intricacies of football but you talk a good game.

The voic of reason you are not.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Col U report on 09:26 - Jul 20 with 1903 viewsMrTown

Col U report on 00:50 - Jul 20 by artsbossbeard

I'll level with you, I don't think you understand the intricacies of football but you talk a good game.

The voic of reason you are not.

Strange post from yourself.

Col U report on 09:29 - Jul 20 with 1894 viewsMrTown

Col U report on 00:27 - Jul 20 by TIB

Solid report. Not sure if Garbutt is lacking fitness but a couple of times he didn’t track back after losing the ball / make forward runs when Nydam was looking for him.

Dozzell your bang on...he’s neat and tidy but I don’t see as much there as maybe others see!?!

Downes, Jackson and Kenlock could have big seasons...first time I’ve seen Mizouni and really liked his press and willingness to run with at players with the ball.

I just think Garbutt needs more than 45 at the moment to make a decent assessment on him.

Dozzell is a frustrating, I’ve seen moments where his vision and execution is superb, so imo there is talent there, but he doesn’t use it/control games anywhere near enough at the moment.

Couldn’t agree more with Downes, Kenlock and Jackson. Especially Downes, really pleased with what I have seen so far this pre season.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 9:30]

Col U report on 09:46 - Jul 20 with 1812 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Col U report on 23:44 - Jul 19 by MrTown

Bare in mind we are still missing:
Judge
Edwards
Nolan
Lankester
Bishop
Sears

And Skuse
Where was he?
Col U report on 09:53 - Jul 20 with 1785 viewsMrTown

Col U report on 09:46 - Jul 20 by BtreeBlueBlood

And Skuse
Where was he?

Hip injury sustained on Wednesday, could have played but wasn’t risked.

Col U report on 09:59 - Jul 20 with 1759 viewsartsbossbeard

Col U report on 09:26 - Jul 20 by MrTown

Strange post from yourself.

I apologise actually.

I'd had a few beverages at a gig and came on here worse for wear.

My bad.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Col U report on 10:31 - Jul 20 with 1656 viewsMrTown

Col U report on 09:59 - Jul 20 by artsbossbeard

I apologise actually.

I'd had a few beverages at a gig and came on here worse for wear.

My bad.

We have all had a few ales, and been on this website. To be honest I’ll be having a fe scoops myself tonight, wouldn’t be surprised to see myself on here later making a tit out myself, not that anyone would know the difference.

Col U report on 10:38 - Jul 20 with 1629 viewsclive_baker

Agree with your assessment. Nydam’s a really, really tidy footballer. I like watching him and actually wouldn’t be surprised to see him make that LB spot his own. Huws is unsurprisingly miles off the pace. Weeks away I would suggest, but clearly when fit has an awful lot to offer. The thought of he, Judge and Norwood in the same XI is mouthwatering at this level. Not to mention Bishop & Sears potentially.

I have to say I thought Colchester were absolutely terrible. Their defending was embarrassing, I think it could be a long season for them on that evidence.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Col U report on 10:50 - Jul 20 with 1586 viewsITFC_Forever

6 is a Centre-back’s number.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Col U report on 10:53 - Jul 20 with 1570 viewsclive_baker

Col U report on 10:50 - Jul 20 by ITFC_Forever

6 is a Centre-back’s number.

Not necessarily.

Historically 4 and 6 are often interchangeable.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024