Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Long ball straight from KO.. 13:54 - Feb 2 with 2772 viewsstrikalite

He said it would be a different type of game yesterday to the one at Rotherham, yet straight from the KO we went long and to who exactly? This set the pattern of our play from the back, no passing out wide, no short balls to midfielders, does he really not trust them on the ball? It has to be a game plan, or he would be going crazy on the touchline demanding they do it, they're working on things all week....aren't they??
Long ball straight from KO.. on 14:02 - Feb 2 with 2738 viewstextbackup

try 5 long balls from kick offs....

and its every cnting game!

fcking pointless

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Long ball straight from KO.. on 14:12 - Feb 2 with 2714 viewsstrikalite

Long ball straight from KO.. on 14:02 - Feb 2 by textbackup

try 5 long balls from kick offs....

and its every cnting game!

fcking pointless

We have no target man, so this has to be to pick up the second ball, obvious, but ffs this is MM stuff all over again, in the third division too, a step down to regroup and rebuild a style again, remember when Nodge went down? They still passed the damn ball about, without fear...I know how much it hurts you mate, think about me a work tomorrow morning in Posh land AGAIN (7-1!!)when I have to walk through that bloody door....what can I say? The truth is their key players are better than ours..
Long ball straight from KO.. on 14:16 - Feb 2 with 2714 viewsIllinoisblue

And remember when Lambert first came here and had us playing out from the back? That seems to have been abandoned in favour of whacking it long every time.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Long ball straight from KO.. on 15:09 - Feb 2 with 2631 viewsPJH

It was different because usually the long ball straight from kick off goes straight out for a throw, yesterday's didn't.
Long ball straight from KO.. on 15:21 - Feb 2 with 2609 viewsstrikalite

Long ball straight from KO.. on 14:16 - Feb 2 by Illinoisblue

And remember when Lambert first came here and had us playing out from the back? That seems to have been abandoned in favour of whacking it long every time.

I wish Phil would put this to him in a presser, "we seemed to have abandoned passing out from the back altogether, especially at PR, is that due to the personnel, or the surface this time of the year, or a different approach"....that's a nice way of asking him, I don't see anything wrong with putting that question to him....

Phil, Is that one a no go??
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 15:22]
Long ball straight from KO.. on 19:43 - Feb 2 with 2473 viewslmfcblue

Long ball straight from KO.. on 15:21 - Feb 2 by strikalite

I wish Phil would put this to him in a presser, "we seemed to have abandoned passing out from the back altogether, especially at PR, is that due to the personnel, or the surface this time of the year, or a different approach"....that's a nice way of asking him, I don't see anything wrong with putting that question to him....

He said in a previous interview that in this league you need to get the ball forward early and we wouldn’t thank him for just playing around with it at the back. He ain’t got a scooby
Long ball straight from KO.. on 21:05 - Feb 2 with 2401 viewsPinewoodblue

Not called a long ball anymore it is a through pass, which may, or may not ,reach the intended target who may, or may not, be caught offside.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Long ball straight from KO.. on 21:07 - Feb 2 with 2392 viewsBloomBlue

Long ball straight from KO.. on 15:21 - Feb 2 by strikalite

I wish Norris had gone for the long pump up field rather than trying to play it out from the back
Login to get fewer ads

Long ball straight from KO.. on 22:35 - Feb 2 with 2320 viewsstrikalite

Long ball straight from KO.. on 21:07 - Feb 2 by BloomBlue

I wish Norris had gone for the long pump up field rather than trying to play it out from the back

Well yes of course, time and a place to do it...
Long ball straight from KO.. on 08:54 - Feb 3 with 2174 viewsDurovigutum

What's worse is they lined up to counter it, and yet we still did it. Why not play a sneaky short pass and bomb down the right? No, lamp it straight to their centre back and surrender possession.
Long ball straight from KO.. on 10:06 - Feb 3 with 2138 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Long ball straight from KO.. on 08:54 - Feb 3 by Durovigutum

What's worse is they lined up to counter it, and yet we still did it. Why not play a sneaky short pass and bomb down the right? No, lamp it straight to their centre back and surrender possession.

Because we have a completely incompetent management team.
Long ball straight from KO.. on 10:09 - Feb 3 with 2126 viewsSamWhiteUK

Are you surprised about this? We've done this every game since at least 2009
Long ball straight from KO.. on 10:15 - Feb 3 with 2116 viewsPilgrimblue

Long ball straight from KO.. on 08:54 - Feb 3 by Durovigutum

And the same goes for goal kicks! Every time Norris lumps it to 20 players closely grouped on half way line!! Of course we lose it most times. WHY don't one of our players spin off wide and then have all the space to launch attack. Just don't get it,. esp as so often the other teams defenders are way taller than our forwards.
It's so simple but clearly beyond PL, idiot.
Long ball straight from KO.. on 14:37 - Feb 3 with 2029 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

What was particularly good about that kick off is that we had about 5 people down one side and Posh had all their players that side.

On the other side Edwards, the very pacy player was one on one against a small bloke.

If we'd have actually just turned and played it into space the other way we may have potentially been through on goal with a reasonable enough pass.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Long ball straight from KO.. on 14:44 - Feb 3 with 2018 viewsblueoxford

Long ball straight from KO.. on 10:09 - Feb 3 by SamWhiteUK

Are you surprised about this? We've done this every game since at least 2009

It was actually very effective with Steve Whitton...
Long ball straight from KO.. on 14:52 - Feb 3 with 2001 viewschicoazul

Long ball straight from KO.. on 14:16 - Feb 2 by Illinoisblue

Of all the mad things Lambo has done and said in his brief time here his clearly-deliberate transition of playing style from Pep to John Beck in a few months is one of the funniest.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 14:52]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Long ball straight from KO.. on 16:49 - Feb 3 with 1952 viewsstrikalite

Long ball straight from KO.. on 10:15 - Feb 3 by Pilgrimblue

And the same goes for goal kicks! Every time Norris lumps it to 20 players closely grouped on half way line!! Of course we lose it most times. WHY don't one of our players spin off wide and then have all the space to launch attack. Just don't get it,. esp as so often the other teams defenders are way taller than our forwards.
It's so simple but clearly beyond PL, idiot.

Exactly this, Norris can't disguise a pass out wide be someone breaking free just before he kicks it? They obviously don't work on any of this stuff at all, I'll tell you this much, Jim Magilton would have seen this, always scanning the pitch looking at the picture of play...mind you he had more composure on the ball than most of them put together today..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024