Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Manager 22:41 - Feb 22 with 2784 viewsWickets

Paul thought we had 5 really good chances today ! It is sometimes hard to see from the Sir Bobby lower just how good our first half chances are but i never thought we where going to score today . Anyone else ?
Our Manager on 22:52 - Feb 22 with 2486 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Paul Lambert tells porkies and overhypes to make things look better than they are?

No, never, that can’t be!

All jokes aside, not clear cut chances at all.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Our Manager on 22:57 - Feb 22 with 2459 viewshamburger_sv

There's a reason why some fans call him PR Paul; he could spin a story like Donald Trump.

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

Our Manager on 00:15 - Feb 23 with 2339 viewsGarv

We had chances, not all big ones. Garbutt being teed up by Jackson on the left side of the box was a big one, along with Keane's header. Those and three of four balls across the six yard line which someone should have buried.

We should have been one or two ahead, that can't be argued.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

..is rubbish and more interested in interviews than results, we know. (n/t) on 00:47 - Feb 23 with 2283 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Our Manager on 10:39 - Feb 23 with 2158 viewsWickets

Our Manager on 00:15 - Feb 23 by Garv

We had chances, not all big ones. Garbutt being teed up by Jackson on the left side of the box was a big one, along with Keane's header. Those and three of four balls across the six yard line which someone should have buried.

Thats another thing that pee's me off balls across the box and no one in the box or just one player . Also when Jackson goes wide and looks up cannot cross because no one in there .
Our Manager on 10:41 - Feb 23 with 2155 viewsitfcjoe

Our Manager on 00:15 - Feb 23 by Garv

Keane header was not a big chance, I’m sure anyone in South Stand would agree as he was way past the back post at almost an impossible angle. Must have looked it from press box

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Our Manager on 10:43 - Feb 23 with 2137 viewsPecker

Is he a manager? Paul Lambert is a football manager? This is news to me.
Our Manager on 10:55 - Feb 23 with 2113 viewsBrixtonBlue

You must have been at a different game. Me and mates were in SBL and mate's new GF who hadn't been to Ipswich before and has no affiliation with the club (she supports wet spam) couldn't believe we hadn't scored. She thought we were very very unlucky.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Our Manager on 10:57 - Feb 23 with 2104 viewsPecker

Our Manager on 10:55 - Feb 23 by BrixtonBlue

You must have been at a different game. Me and mates were in SBL and mate's new GF who hadn't been to Ipswich before and has no affiliation with the club (she supports wet spam) couldn't believe we hadn't scored. She thought we were very very unlucky.

Unlucky? You are kidding, obviously.
Our Manager on 11:09 - Feb 23 with 2068 viewsBrixtonBlue

Our Manager on 10:57 - Feb 23 by Pecker

Unlucky? You are kidding, obviously.

Nope, that's what she said. Why aren't you disagreeing with Garv above, who has said that we should have been 2 or 3 ahead is unarguable?

I get people are pissed off with the manager but this making up of stuff is silly.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Our Manager on 11:15 - Feb 23 with 2050 viewsitfcjoe

Our Manager on 11:09 - Feb 23 by BrixtonBlue

Nope, that's what she said. Why aren't you disagreeing with Garv above, who has said that we should have been 2 or 3 ahead is unarguable?

I get people are pissed off with the manager but this making up of stuff is silly.

Yeh, we should have gone in at least 1-0 up, goal felt like such a sucker punch and second half was such a let down

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Our Manager on 11:27 - Feb 23 with 2017 viewstractorboy1978

Our Manager on 11:15 - Feb 23 by itfcjoe

Yeh, we should have gone in at least 1-0 up, goal felt like such a sucker punch and second half was such a let down

it was the sort of game that under Burley or even Magilton during our decent spell at home, we'd have turned around and won 3-1. Perhaps a positive change at the break, come out galvanised and get a goal in the first 15-20 mins of the second half. It was a complete damp squib though, we looked bereft of ideas on and off the pitch.
Our Manager on 11:31 - Feb 23 with 2002 viewsKeaneish

Keane was played through and had a touch when he should have buried it. I’d say that was one.
Nolan has one laid off to him that he tried to place and was blocked.
Garbutt’s right footed blaze over the bar when the ball was cut back.
Keane’s header at the far post.
Keane’s scramble that was blasted against the keeper or defender.

Those are probably the five. Not clear cut (other than one of Keane’s) but I felt we should have buried two of them.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Our Manager on 11:40 - Feb 23 with 1964 viewsWickets

Our Manager on 10:55 - Feb 23 by BrixtonBlue

So you have given me a down mark for asking others fans views ! Ta
Our Manager on 11:48 - Feb 23 with 1939 viewsBrixtonBlue

Indeed. As the second half wore on we seemed to get more nervous and desperate. I think it's a trait of this team unfortunately. We seemed confident first half.

Our Manager on 11:53 - Feb 23 with 1908 viewsthebooks

Well, I was in NS lower and it looked like we had 3-4 good chances. We played well for 30m in the first half yesterday — the consensus around me was that a goal was imminent. I think PL was right to say we should have been ahead by half-time. Can’t really see how anyone could disagree with that.

But, the way we conceded and our panicked second half response was poor, and our rubbish form exacerbates the problem. These are down to PL 🤷🏻‍♂️
Our Manager on 17:26 - Feb 23 with 1767 viewsWickets

Our Manager on 11:53 - Feb 23 by thebooks

Well, I was in NS lower and it looked like we had 3-4 good chances. We played well for 30m in the first half yesterday — the consensus around me was that a goal was imminent. I think PL was right to say we should have been ahead by half-time. Can’t really see how anyone could disagree with that.

But, the way we conceded and our panicked second half response was poor, and our rubbish form exacerbates the problem. These are down to PL 🤷🏻‍♂️

I just thought we had a lot of the ball most of the play was in their half but at no time did i think we where about to score . mostly agree with your last paragraph not sure its all down to the manager but i suppose he must take responsability as he is the boss . Also Bishop as left winger ?
Our Manager on 19:36 - Feb 23 with 1661 viewsPecker

Our Manager on 11:09 - Feb 23 by BrixtonBlue

Because he didn't say we were "unlucky". Hope that is o.k.
Our Manager on 19:38 - Feb 23 with 1657 viewsPecker

That doesn't make us "very, very unlucky" though does it? That just means that we are $h1t in front of goal. The 2 things are totally different.
Our Manager on 19:40 - Feb 23 with 1650 viewsPecker

Our Manager on 11:31 - Feb 23 by Keaneish

Keane was played through and had a touch when he should have buried it. I’d say that was one.
Nolan has one laid off to him that he tried to place and was blocked.
Garbutt’s right footed blaze over the bar when the ball was cut back.
Keane’s header at the far post.
Keane’s scramble that was blasted against the keeper or defender.

Those are probably the five. Not clear cut (other than one of Keane’s) but I felt we should have buried two of them.

Does that make them unlucky or just $h1t?
Our Manager on 19:41 - Feb 23 with 1645 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Our Manager on 10:41 - Feb 23 by itfcjoe

Keane header was not a big chance, I’m sure anyone in South Stand would agree as he was way past the back post at almost an impossible angle. Must have looked it from press box

Agreed. Impossible angle. Free header. Why not nod it back across the face of goal?

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Our Manager on 19:42 - Feb 23 with 1640 viewsPecker

Our Manager on 11:48 - Feb 23 by BrixtonBlue

Indeed. As the second half wore on we seemed to get more nervous and desperate. I think it's a trait of this team unfortunately. We seemed confident first half.

How does that make us "very, very unlucky" though.
Our Manager on 20:56 - Feb 23 with 1540 viewsBrixtonBlue

Our Manager on 19:36 - Feb 23 by Pecker

Because he didn't say we were "unlucky". Hope that is o.k.

The point is we had several chances and should've been a few up. You're trying to get out of it on a tiny semantic point.

Our Manager on 21:01 - Feb 23 with 1516 viewsBrixtonBlue

Our Manager on 11:40 - Feb 23 by Wickets

So you have given me a down mark for asking others fans views ! Ta

No I down arrowed you for saying you never thought we were going to score and showing your true thoughts by your subject title of "Our manager". Your post wasn't a harmless "What did you guys think?" post.

Our Manager on 09:27 - Feb 24 with 1316 viewsWickets

Our Manager on 21:01 - Feb 23 by BrixtonBlue

No I down arrowed you for saying you never thought we were going to score and showing your true thoughts by your subject title of "Our manager". Your post wasn't a harmless "What did you guys think?" post.

At no time did i think we where going to score and like the majority of games recently we didn't and the thread was about what the manager had said in interview , PL said we had 5 good chances i thought we had lots of the ball well on top but never created a clear cut chance , several half chance yes but for me that was about it . I think we need to be more positive and agree with what OUR MANAGER also said we need to go for it .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024