Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well I for one am shocked I tell you 08:31 - Feb 24 with 2594 viewsGlasgowBlue

Shocked.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2020/feb/22/uk-left-activists-at-far-right-even

“ Infiltration of the conspiracy theorist group Keep Talking [by Hope Not Hate] found that Jeremy Corbyn supporters and confidantes of former Labour MPs have attended meetings addressed by Holocaust deniers”

Piers Corbyn, Elleanne Green (founder of the secret antisemitic Facebook group that Corbyn was outed as being a member), James Thring (Holocaust denier who spoke at an event organised by Corbyn), Gilad Atzmon (much discussed in here over the years).

Three of the above put their name on letter published by the Guardian last year praising Corbyn as a ‘crucial ally’ in fight against antisemitism.

[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 8:31]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 10:30 - Feb 24 with 2081 viewstractordownsouth

I've seen a few comments on the Guardian about how this an anti-Corbyn hit job, which I think is well wide of the mark. Of course the Guardian leans left, but I think it's one of the few that is able to criticise bigotry on both sides of the debate and call a spade a spade. I include the Times and Independent in this category too, and the Telegraph until it became a Boris fanzine.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 10:32]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 10:36 - Feb 24 with 2045 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 10:30 - Feb 24 by tractordownsouth

I've seen a few comments on the Guardian about how this an anti-Corbyn hit job, which I think is well wide of the mark. Of course the Guardian leans left, but I think it's one of the few that is able to criticise bigotry on both sides of the debate and call a spade a spade. I include the Times and Independent in this category too, and the Telegraph until it became a Boris fanzine.

The Elleanne Green and James Thring stuff has been in the public domain for a few years. When it came out that should have been the end of Corbyn’s leadership.

Yet far too many politicians and media outlets hid their heads in the sand and went along with trying to get this man elected as PM.

This should have been dealt with years ago and we may well have a different government running the country today.

Iron Lion Zion

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 12:46 - Feb 24 with 1946 viewsDarth_Koont

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 10:30 - Feb 24 by tractordownsouth

It's just the usual guilt by association and accusation.

These are massive conspiracy theorists about everything and everyone and evidently nutjobs. But the link to Corbyn and others in the Labour Party is still pretty indirect despite the attempt to editorialise and close the gaps at the top.

If anyone's interested, I can link anyone in the Tory Party to widespread antisemitism and islamophobia in one move and sometimes less.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 12:57]

Pronouns: He/Him

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 12:54 - Feb 24 with 1910 viewsmonytowbray

I am actually shocked. Seeing as my entire friendship group and the circles I float in are massively left wing and I don't know a single person who believes in Jewish conspiracy theories. You'd think the law of averages would mean I'd know at least one. I did know a full on alt right loon who believed George Soros was personally funding left wing movements and was a Nazi conspirator during WWII though despite being a child at the time.

I don't think conspiracy theories really have a political side, different ball park altogether, good attempt to lump them together though.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 14:40 - Feb 24 with 1799 viewshampstead_blue

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 12:46 - Feb 24 by Darth_Koont

These are massive conspiracy theorists about everything and everyone and evidently nutjobs. But the link to Corbyn and others in the Labour Party is still pretty indirect despite the attempt to editorialise and close the gaps at the top.

If anyone's interested, I can link anyone in the Tory Party to widespread antisemitism and islamophobia in one move and sometimes less.

Not sure I agree.

Why is it the worst of the left have flooded into the working roots of the party since he joined?

He does nothing to stop it which by default is a supporting stance. If he banned everyone who was cruel and vile to the female Labour MP's such as Marge Hodge then I would lean toward you. He doesn't and just lets it go on.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 14:42 - Feb 24 with 1789 viewsmonytowbray

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 14:40 - Feb 24 by hampstead_blue

Not sure I agree.

Why is it the worst of the left have flooded into the working roots of the party since he joined?

He does nothing to stop it which by default is a supporting stance. If he banned everyone who was cruel and vile to the female Labour MP's such as Marge Hodge then I would lean toward you. He doesn't and just lets it go on.

Ok boomer

TWTD never forgets…

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 15:11 - Feb 24 with 1734 viewshampstead_blue

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 14:42 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

Ok boomer

Boomer?

Is this the name for someone with whom you do not agree?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 15:22 - Feb 24 with 1710 viewsLord_Lucan

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 15:11 - Feb 24 by hampstead_blue

Boomer?

Is this the name for someone with whom you do not agree?

It's a derogatory term used by cool cats.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 15:37 - Feb 24 with 1682 viewshampstead_blue

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 15:22 - Feb 24 by Lord_Lucan

It's a derogatory term used by cool cats.

Oh, is Callis cool then?

I've got a cat who is cool. A very nice British shorthair....does that make me cool?

I'm not that fuddy duddy. I have a beard you know......

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 16:26 - Feb 24 with 1620 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 12:46 - Feb 24 by Darth_Koont

Well I for one am shocked I tell you. Shocked that DK would dismiss an expose from Hope Not Hate.

Iron Lion Zion

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 16:38 - Feb 24 with 1594 viewsmonytowbray

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 16:26 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

Well I for one am shocked I tell you. Shocked that DK would dismiss an expose from Hope Not Hate.

Did he dismiss it though? Or did he just question how they’ve connected the dots? As I said, conspiracy theories are a different level of whatever-you-want-to-call-it to simply left and right politics.

TWTD never forgets…

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 16:42 - Feb 24 with 1586 viewsGunnsAirkick

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 12:54 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

I am actually shocked. Seeing as my entire friendship group and the circles I float in are massively left wing and I don't know a single person who believes in Jewish conspiracy theories. You'd think the law of averages would mean I'd know at least one. I did know a full on alt right loon who believed George Soros was personally funding left wing movements and was a Nazi conspirator during WWII though despite being a child at the time.

I don't think conspiracy theories really have a political side, different ball park altogether, good attempt to lump them together though.

Most of my friends are left-wing too and I don't know anyone like that either, it doesn't mean cranks like this don't exist. A lot of far-right and far-left people are pretty close politically and there's one type of bigotry both share; anti-semitism.

I follow Piers Corbyn on Twitter just to see what nonsense he is spouting today and I've seen him share anti-semitic conspiracy theories. You then look at his replies and see a mix of alt-right people and others with pro-Corbyn profiles, it is bizarre and quite scary.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 16:47]
Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 16:49 - Feb 24 with 1574 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 16:42 - Feb 24 by GunnsAirkick

Most of my friends are left-wing too and I don't know anyone like that either, it doesn't mean cranks like this don't exist. A lot of far-right and far-left people are pretty close politically and there's one type of bigotry both share; anti-semitism.

I follow Piers Corbyn on Twitter just to see what nonsense he is spouting today and I've seen him share anti-semitic conspiracy theories. You then look at his replies and see a mix of alt-right people and others with pro-Corbyn profiles, it is bizarre and quite scary.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 16:47]

Maajid Nawaz Callis it the political horseshoe. if you go far left enough you end up far right.

Iron Lion Zion

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 17:28 - Feb 24 with 1521 viewsDarth_Koont

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 16:49 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

Maajid Nawaz Callis it the political horseshoe. if you go far left enough you end up far right.

To be fair, he is living proof of the political horseshoe.

He can miss the point coming at it from any direction.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 17:30]

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 17:37 - Feb 24 with 1495 viewsDarth_Koont

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 16:26 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

You should be used to me needing more factual evidence and honesty.

But you keep going with your loose associations, accusations and appeals to authority.

Here’s a question: has anyone defended Holocaust denial in any shape or form?

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 17:37 - Feb 24 with 1493 viewsmonytowbray

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 16:49 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

I dunno, I know some very extreme and radically left people and none believe this nonsense. There’s an element there that surpasses politics there. You may as well connect ITFC and NCFC because fans of both clubs attended the same game.

TWTD never forgets…

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 17:41 - Feb 24 with 1480 viewsDarth_Koont

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 17:37 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

I dunno, I know some very extreme and radically left people and none believe this nonsense. There’s an element there that surpasses politics there. You may as well connect ITFC and NCFC because fans of both clubs attended the same game.

Obviously a sign that Ipswich fans secretly love Norwich. And we’re all massive Ed Sheeran fans too.

(I like Ed Sheeran and don’t apologise for it. But that’s not the point)

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 17:51 - Feb 24 with 1442 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 17:37 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

Remember this thread?

Not antisemitic by GlasgowBlue 23 Sep 2019 7:26
So the Labour Party conference has started and there’s absolutely no sign of antisemitism on day one. None at all.

https://twitter.com/jacklubner/status/1175709527842467841?s=21

https://twitter.com/hannahalothman/status/1175739736528498691?s=21

https://twitter.com/michaelsavage/status/1175360663604072448?s=21

https://twitter.com/gnasherjew/status/1175480679850594304?s=21

https://twitter.com/sussexfriends/status/1175448036832661504?s=21

One of the people named in Hope Not Hate’s report is Peter Gregson, a Holocaust revisionist. He was the bloke who put up those banners and posters outside the Labour Party conference and handed out the leaflets tha you didn’t believe were antisemitic.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 17:52]

Iron Lion Zion

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 17:53 - Feb 24 with 1436 viewsmonytowbray

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 17:51 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

Remember this thread?

Not antisemitic by GlasgowBlue 23 Sep 2019 7:26
So the Labour Party conference has started and there’s absolutely no sign of antisemitism on day one. None at all.

https://twitter.com/jacklubner/status/1175709527842467841?s=21

https://twitter.com/hannahalothman/status/1175739736528498691?s=21

https://twitter.com/michaelsavage/status/1175360663604072448?s=21

https://twitter.com/gnasherjew/status/1175480679850594304?s=21

https://twitter.com/sussexfriends/status/1175448036832661504?s=21

One of the people named in Hope Not Hate’s report is Peter Gregson, a Holocaust revisionist. He was the bloke who put up those banners and posters outside the Labour Party conference and handed out the leaflets tha you didn’t believe were antisemitic.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 17:52]

I didn’t say it wasn’t an issue.

TWTD never forgets…

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 17:56 - Feb 24 with 1432 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 17:53 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

I didn’t say it wasn’t an issue.

Of Peter Gregson’s leaflets you said, “ I can't see the anti-Jewish conspiracies, what points specifically are?”.

Not having a go at you over this but this is the sort of stuff I’ve been putting up for years and a great many people bent over backwards to avoid seeing the issue.

Iron Lion Zion

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 17:58 - Feb 24 with 1420 viewsmonytowbray

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 17:56 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

Of Peter Gregson’s leaflets you said, “ I can't see the anti-Jewish conspiracies, what points specifically are?”.

Not having a go at you over this but this is the sort of stuff I’ve been putting up for years and a great many people bent over backwards to avoid seeing the issue.

You’ve removed a lot of context there from the thread in question. That’s pretty poor form of you. Anyone can click and read that to see liberties taken.

TWTD never forgets…

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 18:03 - Feb 24 with 1408 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 17:58 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

You’ve removed a lot of context there from the thread in question. That’s pretty poor form of you. Anyone can click and read that to see liberties taken.

I linked the thread, it’s there to see.

If the banners and leaflets were outside the Tory oarty conference then you wouldn’t have been looking for context.

Here has been far too much tribal loyalty over their whole shameful episode which stopped people doing the right thing.

I’ve seen posters say that HOpe Not Hate are biased because they have a Jewish board member. Nobody challenged that post other than me.

I’ve seen DK and another long standing poster perpetuate the trope that the antisemitism in the Labour Party is being fabricated by the Israeli government. These are the sort of conspiracies that were discussed in HNH’s report.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 18:05]

Iron Lion Zion

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 18:06 - Feb 24 with 1391 viewsmonytowbray

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 18:03 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

I linked the thread, it’s there to see.

If the banners and leaflets were outside the Tory oarty conference then you wouldn’t have been looking for context.

Here has been far too much tribal loyalty over their whole shameful episode which stopped people doing the right thing.

I’ve seen posters say that HOpe Not Hate are biased because they have a Jewish board member. Nobody challenged that post other than me.

I’ve seen DK and another long standing poster perpetuate the trope that the antisemitism in the Labour Party is being fabricated by the Israeli government. These are the sort of conspiracies that were discussed in HNH’s report.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 18:05]

I wasn’t looking for context. It was a genuine question. Again, liberties taken to equate me asking a question as anything but.

TWTD never forgets…

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 18:13 - Feb 24 with 1361 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 18:06 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

I wasn’t looking for context. It was a genuine question. Again, liberties taken to equate me asking a question as anything but.

You asked the question and when I answered “it is accusing a British Jewish organisation of making up antisemitism against British Jews from people within the Labour Party. It’s full of anti Jewish conspiracy theories. It also accuses the JLM of dual loyalty”.

After gave that answer you said “ I can't see the anti-Jewish conspiracies, what points specifically are?” Even though I pointed them out in my answer.

As I said, not an attack on you other than a failure to see anti Jewish conspiracies from the party you had invested your support in. Had an anti Islamic leaflet been produced at the Tory conference you’d have seen the racism a lot sooner. The word fascist would have most certainly been used.

We seem to going around in circles now.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 18:14]

Iron Lion Zion

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 18:24 - Feb 24 with 1322 viewsDarth_Koont

Well I for one am shocked I tell you on 18:13 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

You asked the question and when I answered “it is accusing a British Jewish organisation of making up antisemitism against British Jews from people within the Labour Party. It’s full of anti Jewish conspiracy theories. It also accuses the JLM of dual loyalty”.

After gave that answer you said “ I can't see the anti-Jewish conspiracies, what points specifically are?” Even though I pointed them out in my answer.

As I said, not an attack on you other than a failure to see anti Jewish conspiracies from the party you had invested your support in. Had an anti Islamic leaflet been produced at the Tory conference you’d have seen the racism a lot sooner. The word fascist would have most certainly been used.

We seem to going around in circles now.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 18:14]

Rinse repeat.

As long as you refuse to address the context, all you’ve got is spin and a frankly suspect agenda. Just like everyone else who’s become an anti-racist since 2015.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024