Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Robins 17:06 - Feb 24 with 2486 viewsstevec7

After making the very long trip from Penzance to Ipswich to watch that absolute drivel well second half anyway on saturday I was thinking how good Mark Robins has done at Coventry. Very little money and playing their home games at St Andrews they look good for automatic promotion.
Mark Robins on 17:25 - Feb 24 with 2395 viewsIllinoisblue

Should get Manager of the Year

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Mark Robins on 19:02 - Feb 24 with 2241 viewsEdwardStone

I feel really sorry for Cov...to have their ground ripped away from them is cruel

I shall be delighted for them if they do achieve promotion,,,,maybe the bastards at Ricoh might cut them a bit of slack
Mark Robins on 19:02 - Feb 24 with 2237 viewsstrikalite

Just goes to show that you don't need the biggest budget, just a good eye in recruiting and having confidence to play lads who have come through their academy.
Mark Robins on 19:03 - Feb 24 with 2236 viewsTrequartista

Do Coventry still have that record of not finishing in the top 6 of any division for about half a century? If so, they may finally break that.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Mark Robins on 19:06 - Feb 24 with 2221 viewshamburger_sv

Mark Robins on 19:02 - Feb 24 by strikalite

Just goes to show that you don't need the biggest budget, just a good eye in recruiting and having confidence to play lads who have come through their academy.

And a manager capable of implementing a good system. All things that Paul Lambert have failed at, after losing Culverhouse and Karsa.

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

Mark Robins on 19:09 - Feb 24 with 2189 viewsLord_Lucan

Penzance?

I can't decide whether you need a medal as big as a frying pan or a check up from the neck up.

I've thought about it, have a cyber medal.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Robins and Robinson are mangers who embrace technical concepts on 20:14 - Feb 24 with 2039 viewsunstableblue

... of player training (ability to pass, move, control) and team system/shape, ability break between the lines, adapt in game, make space.

And in Robinson's case he also has an experienced and technical coaches backing him up.

Marcus has hired Keane, Jewell, McCarthy, Hurst and Lambert, not one of whom where the progressive type of manager this club needed to move forward, and also he has not implemented a supporting management system to drive an improvement in our fortunes on and off the pitch.

Marcus has been advised by people who think a good manager is someone who can motivate players (Hurst couldn't even do that; Keane managed by fear); whereas that is a given. Technical and progressive coaching methods are the measures he forgot to factor in.

Marcus' lack of football understanding, of the modern game, had cost us dear.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 21:22]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Mark Robins on 20:31 - Feb 24 with 1959 viewsPinewoodblue

Mark Robins on 19:03 - Feb 24 by Trequartista

Do Coventry still have that record of not finishing in the top 6 of any division for about half a century? If so, they may finally break that.

Coventry finished 6th in league 2 just 2 seasons ago.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Robins on 20:34 - Feb 24 with 1946 viewshamburger_sv

Mark Robins on 20:31 - Feb 24 by Pinewoodblue

Coventry finished 6th in league 2 just 2 seasons ago.

They finished seventh but came through the playoffs; four teams come up to League one.

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

Mark Robins on 20:41 - Feb 24 with 1930 viewsPinewoodblue

Mark Robins on 20:34 - Feb 24 by hamburger_sv

They finished seventh but came through the playoffs; four teams come up to League one.

WRONG

They finished 6th, Lincoln were 7th.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Mark Robins on 21:04 - Feb 24 with 1858 viewsagentp

Well done for making that trip, apologies for the drivel. Love Penzance, Newyn, the Mount and the Mennaye field. Had a few fisties on the Menaye. Great place and great people.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Mark Robins on 21:36 - Feb 24 with 1731 viewsquirkie

Well done going all the way up from Penzance, I'm just up the road in Carbis Bay, a nice 740 mile round trip. Not done if for several years now and can't see me doing if for a loooooong time with the state of the club at the moment.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Mark Robins on 21:54 - Feb 24 with 1683 viewsPJH

Mark Robins on 20:41 - Feb 24 by Pinewoodblue

WRONG

But only because Derby lost...oh no that was somebody else-apparently.
Mark Robins on 22:40 - Feb 24 with 1536 viewsTrequartista

Mark Robins on 20:41 - Feb 24 by Pinewoodblue

WRONG

top 5 then, i was close. i didn't even realise they went down to League 2!

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Mark Robins on 08:17 - Feb 25 with 1270 viewsitfcjoe

When people think Evans is the problem here, and that he is this horrible owner who is killing the club they should really be more circumspect.

Robins has seemed to do a good job most places he's been, it was his Barnsley side the North Stand were Olé-ing as they passed Roy Keane's ITFC off the park at Portman Road

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024