Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? 14:23 - Mar 11 with 4443 viewsFPL_Tractor

He's struggled in the past but seems to have more confidence now. Obviously depends a bit on who are the wide players (i'd hope Dobra and Sears).

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 14:45 - Mar 11 with 4403 viewsHullblue

I think he’d be far better as the right-sided attacker in a 433 (better than he is in a central two, even).

Keane will look better with pace around him again - Sears and Jackson either side of him, with Dobra off the bench for me.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 14:49 - Mar 11 with 4396 viewsr2d2

He would be better nowhere near the first team. But we are so desperate people think he is a decent striker. Its a sad state of affairs when people think he is the answer. Or any of our forward line to be quite honest. They are all very average for this league, and thats being kind.
Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 14:51 - Mar 11 with 4390 viewsHullblue

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 14:49 - Mar 11 by r2d2

He would be better nowhere near the first team. But we are so desperate people think he is a decent striker. Its a sad state of affairs when people think he is the answer. Or any of our forward line to be quite honest. They are all very average for this league, and thats being kind.

He's got 11 goals and 7 assists in a mid table team. If that's average I'd love to know what your definition of 'good' is.

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 14:58 - Mar 11 with 4378 viewsr2d2

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 14:51 - Mar 11 by Hullblue

He's got 11 goals and 7 assists in a mid table team. If that's average I'd love to know what your definition of 'good' is.

He is cr@p. First touch woeful. Bounces off him all over the place. His only attribute is pace. Cant control a ball for toffee. His pace gets him to the ball before others in this league. Wouldnt stand a cat in hells chance in the championship.
Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 15:21 - Mar 11 with 4344 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 14:49 - Mar 11 by r2d2

Hes been involved in 18 goals.... but would be better nowhere near the first team?

LOL

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 15:21 - Mar 11 with 4340 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 14:58 - Mar 11 by r2d2

He is cr@p. First touch woeful. Bounces off him all over the place. His only attribute is pace. Cant control a ball for toffee. His pace gets him to the ball before others in this league. Wouldnt stand a cat in hells chance in the championship.

WE ARE NOT IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP. SO THAT IS NOT RELEVANT.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 15:21 - Mar 11 with 4340 viewsTractorCam

No, i know it was a division higher but he was awful most games last season and that was him upfront on his own.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 15:57 - Mar 11 with 4288 viewsStokieBlue

That is a load of tosh.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 16:02 - Mar 11 with 4273 viewsHarry_Palmer

He is statistically our most productive striker so your first line is ridiculous.

We can only play the cards we are dealt and right now Jackson is our best striker and is a decent performer in this league.
Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 19:45 - Mar 11 with 4156 viewsbazgammon

Nope. Money wasted on Keane (who most initially thought was a target man) has left us wanting in that department. Sears with Simpson or Morris with Dobra and Bish behind is about as good as we can do in the last 8 games. Judge's injury could be a blessing in disguise. He's no Martijn Reuser.

Poll: Lambert

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 13:04 - Mar 12 with 4021 viewsFPL_Tractor

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 14:45 - Mar 11 by Hullblue

I think he’d be far better as the right-sided attacker in a 433 (better than he is in a central two, even).

Keane will look better with pace around him again - Sears and Jackson either side of him, with Dobra off the bench for me.

I think he's probably better going from in to out, rather than out to in, but may be he could be coached into it.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 13:29 - Mar 12 with 3977 viewsDarth_Koont

Possibly but he's so much better being able to run into space out wide. Plus he's been an important creator of chances and goals from there.

Back to goal just seems the worst use of him.

Pronouns: He/Him

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 13:31 - Mar 12 with 3969 viewsDarth_Koont

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 15:57 - Mar 11 by StokieBlue

That is a load of tosh.

SB

Indeed. And he's one of the few individuals who've come out of this season looking a better player.

Pronouns: He/Him

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 13:38 - Mar 12 with 3956 viewsSwailsey

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 14:58 - Mar 11 by r2d2

Well he isn't crap is he.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 13:43 - Mar 12 with 3952 viewsHullblue

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 13:04 - Mar 12 by FPL_Tractor

I think he's probably better going from in to out, rather than out to in, but may be he could be coached into it.

That’s what I thought, but when he played out there against Bristol Rovers at home he was great. Naturally, Lambert rotated and he hasn’t played out there since.

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 13:50 - Mar 12 with 3939 viewsFPL_Tractor

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 13:43 - Mar 12 by Hullblue

That’s what I thought, but when he played out there against Bristol Rovers at home he was great. Naturally, Lambert rotated and he hasn’t played out there since.

I think I was at that game but don't remember him being out that. May be I blanked it from my mind. Is that the game Keane, Norwood and Jackson all played?

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 14:37 - Mar 12 with 3898 viewsHullblue

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 13:50 - Mar 12 by FPL_Tractor

I think I was at that game but don't remember him being out that. May be I blanked it from my mind. Is that the game Keane, Norwood and Jackson all played?

Yeah that's the one. He set up Norwood's goal with an excellent cross (although that was from the left I think), then put another couple on a plate, which we missed.

Was probably the best individual performance I've seen all season - such a threat and his crossing is excellent.

Edit: just found the highlights. The Jackson show starts at 35 seconds. He creates one goal and sets up three chances (albeit one is a very lucky deflected cross).

[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 14:44]

Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 18:11 - Mar 12 with 3831 viewsDoctor_Earman

No. Jackson is good at running the channels and can put a decent ball in.
Do people think Jackson could play as the central striker in a 4-3-3? on 01:11 - Mar 13 with 3752 viewseddiespearitt03

He would be far better as the new centre half and team captain :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024