Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grand National 10:12 - Apr 4 with 3319 viewsBrightonBlue

Strange times, but needs must.

Rommers got you usual tips, but this time for the virtual national!!

Grand National on 10:28 - Apr 4 with 2418 viewsPecker

I haven't watched the National for years, but am really looking toward to seeing how the greats from yester year fare against the more highly tuned modern horses. Hope Red Rum wins it, but expect a more recent winner to take it.
Grand National on 11:05 - Apr 4 with 2383 viewsFtnfwest

Grand National on 10:28 - Apr 4 by Pecker

I haven't watched the National for years, but am really looking toward to seeing how the greats from yester year fare against the more highly tuned modern horses. Hope Red Rum wins it, but expect a more recent winner to take it.

I think it’s just a recent field isn’t it? Rummy had to jump 20 odd fences that were a couple of feet at least higher each, not sure how times relate between now and then tbh
Grand National on 11:08 - Apr 4 with 2375 viewsEdwardStone

Anyone seen Rommy since his trip to Gold Cup?

Or, if you're there Rommy, tell us that you are ok
Grand National on 11:08 - Apr 4 with 2378 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’ve used a few accounts to get a good bit down on Kimberlite Candy each way at 16/1.

Has the absolute perfect profile for a virtual race where the trends are important. Top Ville Ben at 45/1 each way is a decent price too for a few quid. Ballyoptic and Kildisart small bets. Saver on elegant escape who I’ve thought for years was a national horse in the making.

Have to be honest though... It’s been a wonderful day of Kimberlite Candy was to win.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Grand National on 11:10 - Apr 4 with 2371 viewsStokieBlue

Grand National on 11:08 - Apr 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I’ve used a few accounts to get a good bit down on Kimberlite Candy each way at 16/1.

Has the absolute perfect profile for a virtual race where the trends are important. Top Ville Ben at 45/1 each way is a decent price too for a few quid. Ballyoptic and Kildisart small bets. Saver on elegant escape who I’ve thought for years was a national horse in the making.

Have to be honest though... It’s been a wonderful day of Kimberlite Candy was to win.

It might be fun, the enjoyment of the race without any horses possibly getting injured.

Might have a punt since profits go to the NHS.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Grand National on 11:12 - Apr 4 with 2365 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Grand National on 11:10 - Apr 4 by StokieBlue

It might be fun, the enjoyment of the race without any horses possibly getting injured.

Might have a punt since profits go to the NHS.

SB

Worth pointing out, since they introduced the new wafer national fences, no horse has died in the race. And that was a few years back now when those changes were made.

Grand National on 11:14 - Apr 4 with 2365 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Grand National on 11:08 - Apr 4 by EdwardStone

Anyone seen Rommy since his trip to Gold Cup?

Or, if you're there Rommy, tell us that you are ok

All good here. Self-isolating in high Wycombe with two of my mates I live with.

Could’ve gone back to Romford but my younger brother is one of those at risk of catching it so I chose to stay in Wycombe after going to Cheltenham

Grand National on 11:15 - Apr 4 with 2355 viewsStokieBlue

Grand National on 11:12 - Apr 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Worth pointing out, since they introduced the new wafer national fences, no horse has died in the race. And that was a few years back now when those changes were made.

I didn't say died, I said injured.

Although if you want to get into it there were deaths during other races at Aintree since then I believe.

It wasn't my point though, more that the race will be fun and profits going to charity means everyone is a winner regardless.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Grand National on 11:26 - Apr 4 with 2335 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Grand National on 11:15 - Apr 4 by StokieBlue

I didn't say died, I said injured.

Although if you want to get into it there were deaths during other races at Aintree since then I believe.

It wasn't my point though, more that the race will be fun and profits going to charity means everyone is a winner regardless.

SB

Ok well none were injured. Every horse that ran since the changes ran again after the race And of course. I’m not denying that. There’s deaths at every track at a tiny percentage. I just thought it was worth pointing out since you implied that had you watched the real race, there was a strong chance of seeing an injury. Which in recent years, hasn’t happened at any point in the race. But it’s a minute point so there’s no need for us to continue on it. I shouldn’t have mentioned it really but felt like I had to as a racing person.

I’ve used a few accounts to get round the maximum bet £10 e/w nonsense and so of kimberlite Candy wins, I’ll give a deee decent donation to the charity. If he loses, I’m pleased that the charity gets my money rather than the bookies.

Grand National on 12:42 - Apr 4 with 2239 viewsEdwardStone

Grand National on 11:08 - Apr 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I genuinely have no idea what any of that means

But glad to see that you are still with us
Grand National on 13:19 - Apr 4 with 2202 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Grand National on 12:42 - Apr 4 by EdwardStone

I genuinely have no idea what any of that means

But glad to see that you are still with us

Thanks. Kind words. Good to see you’re still around as well.

Grand National on 13:41 - Apr 4 with 2173 viewsPecker

Grand National on 11:05 - Apr 4 by Ftnfwest

I think it’s just a recent field isn’t it? Rummy had to jump 20 odd fences that were a couple of feet at least higher each, not sure how times relate between now and then tbh

Not according to the BBC. They said all the greats will be virtually running against each other. Should be good.
Grand National on 13:58 - Apr 4 with 2161 viewsstrikalite

Grand National on 13:41 - Apr 4 by Pecker

Not according to the BBC. They said all the greats will be virtually running against each other. Should be good.

Not sure that's right, 40 runners and the oldest is 12!
Grand National on 14:09 - Apr 4 with 2148 viewsEdwardStone

Grand National on 13:19 - Apr 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Thanks. Kind words. Good to see you’re still around as well.

Apparently the Cheltenham Festival was rife with disease....some say it should have been cancelled

I am still here....taking life well steady

I am missing your away match reports featuring the all-important hot dog review. You are a very brave chap for eating that sh*te. I'm more of a cheeseburger man myself.

Best had to be at Molineux one year where the sweet young lassie serving the rancid greaseburger excused herself for a second, opened the door of her little hutch and threw up copiously just outside. Nothing to do with the quality of her food she assured us, she had just been bladdered the night before

The cheeseburger was awful....7/10
Grand National on 14:18 - Apr 4 with 2134 viewsPecker

Grand National on 13:58 - Apr 4 by strikalite

Not sure that's right, 40 runners and the oldest is 12!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/racing/2020/04/04/virtual-race-champions-2020-runner
Grand National on 14:21 - Apr 4 with 2123 viewsstrikalite

Grand National on 14:18 - Apr 4 by Pecker

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/racing/2020/04/04/virtual-race-champions-2020-runner

Ah ok, so there are two races, the first one as usual then this one which will be interesting...
Grand National on 15:35 - Apr 4 with 2063 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Grand National on 14:09 - Apr 4 by EdwardStone

Apparently the Cheltenham Festival was rife with disease....some say it should have been cancelled

I am still here....taking life well steady

I am missing your away match reports featuring the all-important hot dog review. You are a very brave chap for eating that sh*te. I'm more of a cheeseburger man myself.

Best had to be at Molineux one year where the sweet young lassie serving the rancid greaseburger excused herself for a second, opened the door of her little hutch and threw up copiously just outside. Nothing to do with the quality of her food she assured us, she had just been bladdered the night before

The cheeseburger was awful....7/10

I’d have genuinely cried if it was cancelled. Me and my were there for the week. Was absolutely brilliant both in terms of profit and in terms of general enjoyment.

That’s good! Steady is safe.

Not been to a game in a while even before this virus. We had tickets for the Bristol rovers away game the day after Cheltenham because our hotel was 10 minutes away from it.

I had a hot dog at cheltneham actually. Sausage was a frankfurters and about half the size of the roll which was 1 foot long. Solid, tasty but overall expensive at £6. I’ll give it a 7.5

Grand National on 15:40 - Apr 4 with 2048 viewsPinewoodblue

Grand National on 11:26 - Apr 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Ok well none were injured. Every horse that ran since the changes ran again after the race And of course. I’m not denying that. There’s deaths at every track at a tiny percentage. I just thought it was worth pointing out since you implied that had you watched the real race, there was a strong chance of seeing an injury. Which in recent years, hasn’t happened at any point in the race. But it’s a minute point so there’s no need for us to continue on it. I shouldn’t have mentioned it really but felt like I had to as a racing person.

I’ve used a few accounts to get round the maximum bet £10 e/w nonsense and so of kimberlite Candy wins, I’ll give a deee decent donation to the charity. If he loses, I’m pleased that the charity gets my money rather than the bookies.

Have you forgotten last years race, didn’t they have to put Up for Review down?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Grand National on 16:18 - Apr 4 with 2008 viewsRyorry

Grand National on 13:41 - Apr 4 by Pecker

That's a completely different virtual race to the one that's being shown on ITV at 5pm, Pecker.

The ITV one (which is what Rommy's talking about) is using computer algorithms to predict the outcome of this year's race, with the entrants being this year's 40 that would have made it to the real start today. They're then using CGs imposed onto the real course to create the visuals.

More here -

https://www.racingpost.com/news/virtual-grand-national/2020-virtual-grand-nation

https://www.racingpost.com/news/virtual-grand-national/2020-virtual-grand-nation (full list of runners, riders & colours).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Grand National on 16:25 - Apr 4 with 1992 viewsJ2BLUE

The nation needs a story. In a fake virtual grand national can anyone see Tiger Roll falling at the first fence? Either he wins or going out gloriously on his virtual shield in the places.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Grand National on 17:31 - Apr 4 with 1919 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Aso was robbed!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Grand National on 17:35 - Apr 4 with 1911 viewsstrikalite

Grand National on 17:31 - Apr 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Aso was robbed!

Agree, who worked that one out ffs
Grand National on 17:39 - Apr 4 with 1906 viewsJ2BLUE

Dad: -£10
Me: -£3 as Tiger Roll placed
Mum: +£54 with donation to NHS

Truly impaired.

Grand National on 17:50 - Apr 4 with 1888 viewsRyorry

Grand National on 17:39 - Apr 4 by J2BLUE

Dad: -£10
Me: -£3 as Tiger Roll placed
Mum: +£54 with donation to NHS

Well done your Mum - did she used to live in a house called potters Corner?

Me -£2 on Ballyoptic & Magic of Light, which bookies will now forward to the NHS, so job done.

Loved the comment just after Bristol De Mai fell "oh, Bristol De Mai's up and alright, no harm done"!

Well done ITV, fantastic effort for a great cause

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Grand National on 17:52 - Apr 4 with 1882 viewsJ2BLUE

Grand National on 17:50 - Apr 4 by Ryorry

Well done your Mum - did she used to live in a house called potters Corner?

Me -£2 on Ballyoptic & Magic of Light, which bookies will now forward to the NHS, so job done.

Loved the comment just after Bristol De Mai fell "oh, Bristol De Mai's up and alright, no harm done"!

Well done ITV, fantastic effort for a great cause

When the leader fell I was like "OMG NO...oh it's fake isn't it? Nevermind"

Holidays at Potters Leisure Resort :D

Hope the NHS made a lot of money.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024