Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mercedes and UCL CPAP device 22:41 - Apr 15 with 992 viewsStokieBlue

This is really is great work from Mercedes F1 and UCL:

https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/news/2020/04/ucl-uclh-f1-project-pitlane-start-

Designed in 100 hours to use only 30% the amount of oxygen as existing machines and the plans made available freely to any manufacturer worldwide.

The 40 machines they usually use to make pistons and turbochargers for F1 cars are producing 1000 devices a day in Brixworth.

It basically forces air into the lungs at a constant pressure to try and prevent the need for a ventilator and sits between oxygen from a mask and a full ventilator in the range of treatments. It seems to be preferable as it doesn't require sedation like a ventilator although I am sure Badger could expand on that.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 10:43 - Apr 16 with 856 viewsGlasgowBlue

Breathing aids made by Mercedes ready for UK distribution by GlasgowBlue 15 Apr 2020 19:29
That is very good news.

Edit. Disappointed in the lack of replies to this thread. If this equipment had failed we would be on page ten of another (redacted) meltdown.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 10:51 - Apr 16 with 848 viewsgiant_stow

That really is fantastic.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 11:04 - Apr 16 with 842 viewsStokieBlue

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 10:43 - Apr 16 by GlasgowBlue

Breathing aids made by Mercedes ready for UK distribution by GlasgowBlue 15 Apr 2020 19:29
That is very good news.

Edit. Disappointed in the lack of replies to this thread. If this equipment had failed we would be on page ten of another (redacted) meltdown.

Didn't see that :).

Added a bit more info though. It sounds like a great development.

SB

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 11:09 - Apr 16 with 839 viewsEireannach_gorm

Great job by them. I had to smile wein I saw it is now at version 2, it seems to be in the DNA that they constantly strive for improvements.
Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 12:16 - Apr 16 with 804 viewsBloomBlue

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 10:43 - Apr 16 by GlasgowBlue

That is very good news.

Very true. They've also published the license, design plans etc for free and already 25+ Countries have taken the design including EU Countries. Imagine this site if another EU Country had done that it would be full of people moaning how slow the UK is and why couldn't the UK create something like that
This also shows the power of private companies.
Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 12:50 - Apr 16 with 790 viewshampstead_blue

Just a word to the wise on the amount that Merc have done.

They are one part of a wider group of motorsport companies who have worked on this. Prodrive have done a lot more that Merc.

I can't post evidence but as we are in that space and Prodrive are a client we have a lot of useful information to hand.

Merc have just cranked up the PR more than others. I'd imagine the others are laughing a little into their tea as to how Merc have seemingly owned the conversation.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 12:58 - Apr 16 with 782 viewsStokieBlue

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 12:50 - Apr 16 by hampstead_blue

Just a word to the wise on the amount that Merc have done.

They are one part of a wider group of motorsport companies who have worked on this. Prodrive have done a lot more that Merc.

I can't post evidence but as we are in that space and Prodrive are a client we have a lot of useful information to hand.

Merc have just cranked up the PR more than others. I'd imagine the others are laughing a little into their tea as to how Merc have seemingly owned the conversation.

They are literally being made at Mercedes F1 factory.

I can see an article on Prodrive making ventilators but that's totally different.

SB

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 13:15 - Apr 16 with 754 viewshampstead_blue

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 12:58 - Apr 16 by StokieBlue

They are literally being made at Mercedes F1 factory.

I can see an article on Prodrive making ventilators but that's totally different.

SB

Understood. There is a lot more behind it though. Most parts are made by small firms we've never heard of. Merc have a space and some people to do assembly we think.

It is well known in the automotive space that Merc have been pretty bold with their PR.

Not saying its a bad thing, just wanted to add some industry perspective.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Login to get fewer ads

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 13:19 - Apr 16 with 752 viewsStokieBlue

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 13:15 - Apr 16 by hampstead_blue

Understood. There is a lot more behind it though. Most parts are made by small firms we've never heard of. Merc have a space and some people to do assembly we think.

It is well known in the automotive space that Merc have been pretty bold with their PR.

Not saying its a bad thing, just wanted to add some industry perspective.

"We think".

It literally says their piston and turbocharger machines are making it. They worked on it with UCL and they jointly made the plans available. I think you are confusing CPAP with ventilators.

I guess they could be lying though.

SB

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 13:24 - Apr 16 with 743 viewsitfcjoe

Good to see, I wonder if long term there will be changes in procurement - whether bigger up front costs for bigger gains will happen opposed to the current tendering process.

Run as UK Plc....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 14:03 - Apr 16 with 726 viewsDanTheMan

Mate of mine is basically the account manager doing all the materials for these. He's had a fun time recently as he handles pretty much all the F1 accounts and they've all started doing stuff like this.

Apparently also doing the material for aprons for NHS free of charge, which is nice of them.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 14:04]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 14:15 - Apr 16 with 713 viewsHerbivore

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 13:19 - Apr 16 by StokieBlue

"We think".

It literally says their piston and turbocharger machines are making it. They worked on it with UCL and they jointly made the plans available. I think you are confusing CPAP with ventilators.

SB

I think we can all take a guess at who is more likely to be lying here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 15:43 - Apr 16 with 687 viewshampstead_blue

Mercedes and UCL CPAP device on 13:19 - Apr 16 by StokieBlue

"We think".

SB

Maybe it is a different piece of work. Fair play. We've been chuckling along with others at their PR depts keenes to exclude the words 'with others' on a lot fo the current work.

Have to say that as the F1 teams are dripping with talent and tech it's great to have them leaning in.

Happy days indeed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024