Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Maupay incident 16:52 - Jun 22 with 1886 viewsBluefish

I know Arsenal are the worst fans is football but this is nuts even for them. He didn't do anything wrong and they are going nuts over it. It is an unfortunate freak accident

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The Maupay incident on 16:55 - Jun 22 with 1854 viewsstrikalite

Agree, I don't get all the fuss, it was just unfortunate the way he fell..
The Maupay incident on 17:40 - Jun 22 with 1736 viewsIllinoisblue

They are a joke of a club, almost on a par with us for underachieving and making wrong decision after wrong decision. Hound out respected older coach. Replace with up and coming wannabe. Watch it all fall apart. They are us.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The Maupay incident on 17:48 - Jun 22 with 1705 viewssparks

Just had a look. Those incidents where you bump the player in the air, with no intent for the ball, are nasty dangerous snide fouls- making it impossible to land safely. The worst ones are when you clobber someone from the side or behind such that they end up landing in their back, unable to control their fall.

This was a very low end version of that- which ended very unluckily. Unecessary "let him know you are there" type foul. I can understand their ire- though there was clearly no intent or expectation of causing injury.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The Maupay incident on 18:17 - Jun 22 with 1617 viewsChrisd

Completely agree. This goes on in most games, at all levels across the country most weekends. If anything it was a free kick at the very worst, nothing more even with Leno’s unfortunate injury. This is and has been the problem for the Gunners for the last decade, they feel they can’t be touched or shouldn’t encounter any physical challenge. They’ve literally got no leaders or any backbone in that side/squad. It’s no wonder they’ve become a mediocre EPL side. Arteta has got a huge job on his hands, probably even bigger than he realised.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 18:34]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The Maupay incident on 20:38 - Jun 22 with 1463 viewsRobTheMonk

Freak injury. I think if anything Leno needed to be stronger. Imagine trying that on Kahn or Schmeicel back in the day. Theyd have killed Maupay.
The Maupay incident on 21:16 - Jun 22 with 1399 viewssparks

The Maupay incident on 20:38 - Jun 22 by RobTheMonk

Freak injury. I think if anything Leno needed to be stronger. Imagine trying that on Kahn or Schmeicel back in the day. Theyd have killed Maupay.

Not much you can do when you are bumped when both feet are off the ground. Once that happens, there is always a risk with your landing.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 21:29]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The Maupay incident on 21:42 - Jun 22 with 1355 viewsRobTheMonk

The Maupay incident on 21:16 - Jun 22 by sparks

Not much you can do when you are bumped when both feet are off the ground. Once that happens, there is always a risk with your landing.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 21:29]

I don't disagree. You see at least 30 of those a game whenever anyone's challenges for a header. Just incredibly unlucky for Leno.
The Maupay incident on 23:05 - Jun 22 with 1266 viewspatrickswell

In fairness, it’s a perfect storm. Maupay’s contact on Leno was minimal, but played it’s part in the freak accident. Then he scores a 95th minute winner against them, and then after the game he slags them off and rubs their noses in it. A warm welcome awaits him in North London next year.
Login to get fewer ads

The Maupay incident on 06:42 - Jun 23 with 1147 viewsKieran_Knows

The Maupay incident on 17:40 - Jun 22 by Illinoisblue

They are a joke of a club, almost on a par with us for underachieving and making wrong decision after wrong decision. Hound out respected older coach. Replace with up and coming wannabe. Watch it all fall apart. They are us.

I think the worrying thing is that Arteta would/will become a top top manager, yet they haven’t got a pot to p*ss in and he’ll struggle in the transfer market and no doubt they’ll get shot of him if he doesn’t make Europe next season.

As for Guendozi, the bloke seems more hassle than what he’s worth.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The Maupay incident on 09:30 - Jun 23 with 1010 viewsBlueNomad

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8448375/Matteo-Guendouzi-tast
The Maupay incident on 09:48 - Jun 23 with 990 viewspointofblue

The Maupay incident on 17:48 - Jun 22 by sparks

Just had a look. Those incidents where you bump the player in the air, with no intent for the ball, are nasty dangerous snide fouls- making it impossible to land safely. The worst ones are when you clobber someone from the side or behind such that they end up landing in their back, unable to control their fall.

This was a very low end version of that- which ended very unluckily. Unecessary "let him know you are there" type foul. I can understand their ire- though there was clearly no intent or expectation of causing injury.

I agree - these kinds of challenges happen every game but it’s to rough the player up rather than actually get the ball. There’s always a risk injury may follow.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The Maupay incident on 10:58 - Jun 23 with 928 viewsrickw

I think he was conscious of the edge of the area and the bump put him off balance to go out the area, but tried to stop himself with his landing and that caused the injury.

It was still only ever a foul though, not anything more

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024