Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That whole section O'Neill came out with 16:03 - Jul 11 with 1994 viewsCheltenham_Blue

About the human body not being designed to play football.

Where the hell was he going with that? It was just the most bizarre excuse for our injuries over the last 5 or 6 years that I've ever heard.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 16:10 - Jul 11 with 1962 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Don’t know where he was going with that particular line.

To be fair, I’ve said previously not sure what he does, but the more I read on him the more you see his day to day involvement in the football side of the club.

He’s Evans’ man on a day to day basis, considering recent individuals in a similar role, at least he is a football man who knows all about the club.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 17:42 - Jul 11 with 1896 viewsIllinoisblue

Typical of the defeatist, excuse-mongering collection of frauds we have in charge.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 17:44 - Jul 11 with 1883 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 17:42 - Jul 11 by Illinoisblue

Typical of the defeatist, excuse-mongering collection of frauds we have in charge.

Slightly harsh.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 18:35 - Jul 11 with 1833 viewssoclopath

in the football league eleventh in talking rubbish top of the league.
That whole section O'Neill came out with on 18:41 - Jul 11 with 1824 viewsjeera

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 17:44 - Jul 11 by TheTrueBlue1878

Slightly harsh.

I'm not so sure.

I've read that sentence several times and am struggling to find fault.

Even the punctuation looks fairly sound.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 18:45 - Jul 11 with 1823 viewsIllinoisblue

Slightly harsh.

I’ll see your harsh and raise you a lowest league position in over 50 years. All the way back to Mick we used to hear him make a big deal of how far Ipswich is from everywhere; as if the squad were having to hitchhike to games from Siberia instead of watching TV sat on a luxury bus for a few hours.

Sick of the “woe is us” attitude running through the club.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 18:49 - Jul 11 with 1797 viewsjeera

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 18:45 - Jul 11 by Illinoisblue

I’ll see your harsh and raise you a lowest league position in over 50 years. All the way back to Mick we used to hear him make a big deal of how far Ipswich is from everywhere; as if the squad were having to hitchhike to games from Siberia instead of watching TV sat on a luxury bus for a few hours.

Sick of the “woe is us” attitude running through the club.

You leave Mick outta this!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 19:06 - Jul 11 with 1776 viewshector_clifford

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 16:10 - Jul 11 by TheTrueBlue1878

Don’t know where he was going with that particular line.

To be fair, I’ve said previously not sure what he does, but the more I read on him the more you see his day to day involvement in the football side of the club.

He’s Evans’ man on a day to day basis, considering recent individuals in a similar role, at least he is a football man who knows all about the club.

I can't see very much wrong with what he said.
There wouldn't be ex players barely able to walk, or those who have sadly passed away with dementia from heading the ball continually.
You can adapt or train your body to cope with extremes, like endurance or strength etc but doesn't mean you were born that way, and are immune from associated risks.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Login to get fewer ads

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 19:22 - Jul 11 with 1743 viewsoneoffposter

In defence of Lee he did study sports science at Loughborough so probably has a decent understanding of the impact of football on the body
That whole section O'Neill came out with on 19:40 - Jul 11 with 1719 viewsistanblue

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 17:42 - Jul 11 by Illinoisblue

Spot on.
That whole section O'Neill came out with on 21:18 - Jul 11 with 1652 viewsLibero

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 19:22 - Jul 11 by oneoffposter

In defence of Lee he did study sports science at Loughborough so probably has a decent understanding of the impact of football on the body

That just makes his comment even funnier tbh.
That whole section O'Neill came out with on 21:21 - Jul 11 with 1652 viewsDarth_Koont

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 19:22 - Jul 11 by oneoffposter

Sure. But I'm guessing other football clubs and their football players also have footballing injuries.

I'm taking a wild stab in the dark here.

Pronouns: He/Him

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 22:37 - Jul 11 with 1581 viewsPhilTWTD

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 19:06 - Jul 11 by hector_clifford

I can't see very much wrong with what he said.
There wouldn't be ex players barely able to walk, or those who have sadly passed away with dementia from heading the ball continually.
You can adapt or train your body to cope with extremes, like endurance or strength etc but doesn't mean you were born that way, and are immune from associated risks.

Me neither, surprised it's caused so much comment. He just means that football is an activity which inevitably leads to some injuries.
That whole section O'Neill came out with on 22:59 - Jul 11 with 1544 viewsclive_baker

He doesn’t half use a lot of words to not actually say anything.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 08:26 - Jul 12 with 1396 viewsLibero

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 22:59 - Jul 11 by clive_baker

He doesn’t half use a lot of words to not actually say anything.

This, with f*cking bells on.
That whole section O'Neill came out with on 08:35 - Jul 12 with 1389 viewsWeWereZombies

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 22:37 - Jul 11 by PhilTWTD

Me neither, surprised it's caused so much comment. He just means that football is an activity which inevitably leads to some injuries.

I think there are two angles - one is a 'hard done by, we would have finished higher if things had been different' attitude that fails to point out that injuries happen in every football club and that perhaps Town have not been coping (i.e. adapting) as well as they should have been.

Secondly, and this is hardly O'Neill's fault and more an example of the way language carries the ideas of the past with it, you could construe his comment as an endorsement of intelligent design (and thus a creator) over evolutionary theory.

Go on, Phil, distance yourself from it with a public refutation on behalf of all left leaning Town supporters. You will get millions of messages from Bible belt America, and some wonderfully angry ten pagers. Think of all the advertising revenue that could be gleaned from those hits (just don't tell those advertisers how many regular members have gone ad free...)

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 09:27 - Jul 12 with 1339 viewsPhilTWTD

That whole section O'Neill came out with on 08:35 - Jul 12 by WeWereZombies

I think there are two angles - one is a 'hard done by, we would have finished higher if things had been different' attitude that fails to point out that injuries happen in every football club and that perhaps Town have not been coping (i.e. adapting) as well as they should have been.

Secondly, and this is hardly O'Neill's fault and more an example of the way language carries the ideas of the past with it, you could construe his comment as an endorsement of intelligent design (and thus a creator) over evolutionary theory.

Go on, Phil, distance yourself from it with a public refutation on behalf of all left leaning Town supporters. You will get millions of messages from Bible belt America, and some wonderfully angry ten pagers. Think of all the advertising revenue that could be gleaned from those hits (just don't tell those advertisers how many regular members have gone ad free...)

Re the first bit, he does go on to say Arsenal and Man U have also had similar issues regardless of greater investment on that side of things.

Re design, I think he was using a metaphor rather than aligning himself with the evangelical right!
That whole section O'Neill came out with on 10:49 - Jul 12 with 1285 viewsgainsboroughblue

Slightly harsh.

I'd say that was totally fair.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024