Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Odd finale date for the Championship 08:59 - Jul 19 with 1698 viewspointofblue

Just looking at the fixtures and I don’t get why they’ve scheduled the Championship’s final round of fixtures on Wednesday, against Liverpool v Chelsea - any idea why they didn’t put them back 24 hours so they could have full attention rather than face a key a Premier League game? The Play Off ties could have been pushed back too; the final could have stayed on August 4th.

On a side note, Hull’s collapse is quite something isn’t it? They were eighth on New Year’s Day; since then P19 W1 D3 L15 F17 A49. Bowen and Grosicki didn’t leave until the end of January so their form was starting to slip even before their departures. There are collapses and then there’s this.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Odd finale date for the Championship on 09:18 - Jul 19 with 1625 viewssundaze

The championship is a mess anyway, they are dragging their heels on the Wigan issue. The way it is going the league will finish on Wednesday, but the relegation places will still be in the balance if Wigan have to drop 12 points.
I suppose there will be an appeal though, whatever the result of the Wigan decision.
Odd finale date for the Championship on 09:35 - Jul 19 with 1577 viewsJ2BLUE

A key Premier League game? What the incredibly exciting battle for fourth place? Compared to the Championship where three teams can still get second, sixth place is still to be decided and at least one out of three relegation places still to be decided? Not to mention Wigan only being ten points clear of 22nd and potentially losing 12 points.

If any neutral is watching an almost meaningless Prem game over that then it would be quite odd IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Odd finale date for the Championship on 09:38 - Jul 19 with 1562 viewsPJH

Odd finale date for the Championship on 09:35 - Jul 19 by J2BLUE

A key Premier League game? What the incredibly exciting battle for fourth place? Compared to the Championship where three teams can still get second, sixth place is still to be decided and at least one out of three relegation places still to be decided? Not to mention Wigan only being ten points clear of 22nd and potentially losing 12 points.

If any neutral is watching an almost meaningless Prem game over that then it would be quite odd IMO.

I was wondering what was so exciting about Liverpool v Chelsea.

It is certainly not exciting enough for me to consider watching it although there are a few games in The Championship that are interesting.
Odd finale date for the Championship on 09:45 - Jul 19 with 1533 viewspointofblue

Liverpool v Chelsea are two big names in football even if there is nothing riding on the match - I reckon it will pull in more viewers than the shown Championship matches combined, especially as the match is on Sky which result in the amount of promotion towards the Championship games being reduced. It also means Sky can’t use Main Event for a Championship game which reduces the number they’ll be able to show - I assume Football and Action will both be given matches alongside possibly Mix? With so much still going on the more channels available the better.

Odd finale date for the Championship on 10:06 - Jul 19 with 1486 viewsJ2BLUE

Odd finale date for the Championship on 09:45 - Jul 19 by pointofblue

Liverpool v Chelsea are two big names in football even if there is nothing riding on the match - I reckon it will pull in more viewers than the shown Championship matches combined, especially as the match is on Sky which result in the amount of promotion towards the Championship games being reduced. It also means Sky can’t use Main Event for a Championship game which reduces the number they’ll be able to show - I assume Football and Action will both be given matches alongside possibly Mix? With so much still going on the more channels available the better.

Very good point about main event. Bring back Sky Sports 1-5!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Odd finale date for the Championship on 10:31 - Jul 19 with 1456 viewspointofblue

Odd finale date for the Championship on 10:06 - Jul 19 by J2BLUE

Very good point about main event. Bring back Sky Sports 1-5!

It’d make it so much easier for them to move things around if they did though, in this case, Sky Sports 1 would still be unavailable for a Championship match - possibly Sky Sports 2 as well if they wanted to offer a non-crowd noise option.

It’s amazing that nearly every game on final day will have something riding on it:

Birmingham v Derby - Birmingham could be relegated
Brentford v Barnsley - Brentford could be promoted; Barnsley could be relegated (will be down if they fail to win today)
Bristol City v Preston - nothing riding on it
Cardiff v Hull - Cardiff fighting for Play Off place; Hull all but relegated
Leeds v Charlton - Charlton could be relegated
Luton v Blackburn - Luton could be relegated
Millwall v Huddersfield - Huddersfield need a point to ensure safety though have superior goal difference
Nottingham Forest v Stoke - Forest need a point from either Barnsley (A) or this game to guarantee a a Play Off place
Reading v Swansea - Swansea fighting for a play off place
Sheffield Wednesday v Middlesbrough - Middlesbrough could be relegated
West Brom v QPR - West Brom could be promoted
Wigan v Fulham - Wigan could be relegated dependent on 12 point deduction; Fulham could be promoted

Nine matches definitely have something riding on them, ten if we stretch to say Huddersfield are not mathematically safe. That will become eleven if Forest lose to Barnsley today though, if it’s a narrow defeat, goal difference will still be in their favour.

I guess Sky will look air the games involving the teams fighting for automatic promotion but I wonder if they’ll be able to utilise the red button for the other games?
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 11:11]

Odd finale date for the Championship on 10:56 - Jul 19 with 1438 viewsSitfcB

Odd finale date for the Championship on 09:45 - Jul 19 by pointofblue

The televised Championship games Wednesday are West Brom v QPR and Brentford v Barnsley.

The Liverpool game has been made free to air as well.

Championship games kick off at 19:30, Liverpool v Chelsea at 20:15.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Odd finale date for the Championship on 11:13 - Jul 19 with 1389 viewspointofblue

Odd finale date for the Championship on 10:56 - Jul 19 by SitfcB

The televised Championship games Wednesday are West Brom v QPR and Brentford v Barnsley.

The Liverpool game has been made free to air as well.

Championship games kick off at 19:30, Liverpool v Chelsea at 20:15.

It’s a shame they’re not showing the Wigan v Fulham match too considering it can have an affect on the top and bottom of the table. If West Brom lose, Brentford fail to win and Fulham are victorious then the latter will be promoted.

Login to get fewer ads

Odd finale date for the Championship on 12:08 - Jul 19 with 1305 viewsSimonds92

Odd finale date for the Championship on 10:31 - Jul 19 by pointofblue

It’d make it so much easier for them to move things around if they did though, in this case, Sky Sports 1 would still be unavailable for a Championship match - possibly Sky Sports 2 as well if they wanted to offer a non-crowd noise option.

It’s amazing that nearly every game on final day will have something riding on it:

Birmingham v Derby - Birmingham could be relegated
Brentford v Barnsley - Brentford could be promoted; Barnsley could be relegated (will be down if they fail to win today)
Bristol City v Preston - nothing riding on it
Cardiff v Hull - Cardiff fighting for Play Off place; Hull all but relegated
Leeds v Charlton - Charlton could be relegated
Luton v Blackburn - Luton could be relegated
Millwall v Huddersfield - Huddersfield need a point to ensure safety though have superior goal difference
Nottingham Forest v Stoke - Forest need a point from either Barnsley (A) or this game to guarantee a a Play Off place
Reading v Swansea - Swansea fighting for a play off place
Sheffield Wednesday v Middlesbrough - Middlesbrough could be relegated
West Brom v QPR - West Brom could be promoted
Wigan v Fulham - Wigan could be relegated dependent on 12 point deduction; Fulham could be promoted

Nine matches definitely have something riding on them, ten if we stretch to say Huddersfield are not mathematically safe. That will become eleven if Forest lose to Barnsley today though, if it’s a narrow defeat, goal difference will still be in their favour.

I guess Sky will look air the games involving the teams fighting for automatic promotion but I wonder if they’ll be able to utilise the red button for the other games?
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 11:11]

Thwy were saying on talksport yesterday that there's a chance Sheff Wednesday could get a 12 point deduction as they have tried to fiddle their ffpreports by selling the ground to the owner for a much higher value than its worth. Im not sure how likely this is to happen, but it looks very likely that the final day wont actually determine relegation as we'll be waiting to find out whether they and Wigan are deducted points. If all these betting rumours are true regarding Wigan I seriously hope they stay up!
Odd finale date for the Championship on 12:10 - Jul 19 with 1299 viewspointofblue

Odd finale date for the Championship on 12:08 - Jul 19 by Simonds92

Thwy were saying on talksport yesterday that there's a chance Sheff Wednesday could get a 12 point deduction as they have tried to fiddle their ffpreports by selling the ground to the owner for a much higher value than its worth. Im not sure how likely this is to happen, but it looks very likely that the final day wont actually determine relegation as we'll be waiting to find out whether they and Wigan are deducted points. If all these betting rumours are true regarding Wigan I seriously hope they stay up!

I’d forgotten about that - I thought the decision was supposed to be made last week but they appear to be dragging their heals over it.

Odd finale date for the Championship on 12:57 - Jul 19 with 1240 viewsgainsboroughblue

I bet if you walked into a pub showing football, that would be the fixture on the screen.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Odd finale date for the Championship on 08:11 - Jul 20 with 1060 viewspointofblue

So only one match has absolutely nothing on it going into final day. The fixtures have lined up brilliantly.

Odd finale date for the Championship on 08:19 - Jul 20 with 1053 viewsPJH

Odd finale date for the Championship on 08:11 - Jul 20 by pointofblue

So only one match has absolutely nothing on it going into final day. The fixtures have lined up brilliantly.

Two I think.

Bristol C v Preston
Millwall v Huddersfield
Odd finale date for the Championship on 08:59 - Jul 20 with 1016 viewshatch

It’s got to the be the tightest ever finish to a Championship campaign? The manager was on the pitch at Barnsley yesterday after their 93rd minute winner.

I think I’ll just stick SSN on to track all the goals and changing table - I’m pretty sure they show highlights of all the games including non-goal incidents.
Odd finale date for the Championship on 15:20 - Jul 20 with 950 viewspointofblue

Odd finale date for the Championship on 08:19 - Jul 20 by PJH

Two I think.

Bristol C v Preston
Millwall v Huddersfield

Huddersfield could still theoretically drop though it’d take some insane scores for them to do so due to a much superior goal difference.

Odd finale date for the Championship on 20:08 - Jul 20 with 889 viewscooperd5

Odd finale date for the Championship on 15:20 - Jul 20 by pointofblue

Huddersfield could still theoretically drop though it’d take some insane scores for them to do so due to a much superior goal difference.

Having just sacked Cowley bros. it would be hilarious if they did go down
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024