Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzers 'no look' pass 17:05 - Jul 21 with 1329 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I have mentioned this before and I am genuinely interested to see what people think of this.

The big rant I had with this last season was Accrington away. Numerous times he tried this pass but actually passed it straight to them. For me the no look pass is brilliant when you are aware a player is making a run, are facing a different direction and play that ball anyway.

This seems to effectively be his big attribute. Spotting a pass nobody else can see and playing a ball. That's fine. He is clearly talented in that respect.

The issue for me is he insists on trying to play this without looking which has one major issue.

He is playing with players that are not that good, who do not anticipate this pass. Not saying Dozzell is Premier League quality, he's miles off it, but this one area of his game could be made to look outstanding by top players making the right runs and expecting that ball to come even when it's not obvious.

But all he managed to do last season was make these passes without players being on his wave length which meant they were then cut out when the Town players didn't read them.

So my question is this.

Is Dozzell actually a wonderful visionary and executioner of a pass if the players around him make the right runs or is he actually constantly trying a trick that doesn't come off but makes him look better than he is when it occasionally does?

Sadly until he leaves I don't think I can answer either way. I don't think - even with the best passing range in the world - he has enough about him to make it, but I do think if he was with more intelligent players he would look much much better than he currently does.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Dozzers 'no look' pass on 17:08 - Jul 21 with 1298 viewsfooters

It's nothing special. Half our squad don't look before passing.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Dozzers 'no look' pass on 17:15 - Jul 21 with 1279 viewsGarv

There's definitely an element of players around him not being on the same wavelength. Midfielders, to an extent, should be expecting strikers/attackers to be making those runs I think, like how you would cross the ball from wide into an area and expect someone to be on the end of it. I don't think Dozzell is the only one.

The bottom line is he needs to improve in other areas, I think.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Dozzers 'no look' pass on 17:23 - Jul 21 with 1246 viewsBlueBadger

Dozzers 'no look' pass on 17:15 - Jul 21 by Garv

There's definitely an element of players around him not being on the same wavelength. Midfielders, to an extent, should be expecting strikers/attackers to be making those runs I think, like how you would cross the ball from wide into an area and expect someone to be on the end of it. I don't think Dozzell is the only one.

The bottom line is he needs to improve in other areas, I think.

The other element to this is, that Lambert;s management and 'coaching' haven't helped him either. He's in and out of the XI, the XI itself constantly changes, as does the formations and systems. No-one has a chance to form anything resembling and understanding that allows that kind of play to develop and improve.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Dozzers 'no look' pass on 17:30 - Jul 21 with 1209 viewsmonty_radio

Dozzers 'no look' pass on 17:08 - Jul 21 by footers

... and the other half do - with surprisingly similar results!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Dozzers 'no look' pass on 19:35 - Jul 21 with 1033 viewsitfcjoe

He doesn't do this pass all the time, he tries it every now and again to fool the opposition.

In the Accrington game he played 45 minutes and completed 20 out of 25 passes - so at most he gave the ball away 5 times, and I'm sure you can agree it's highly unlikely every single time he gave it away was a no look pass.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dozzers 'no look' pass on 19:53 - Jul 21 with 985 viewsDarth_Koont

Our team has been too disjointed and random in selection and formation for stuff like that. But it would probably work well within a team that developed together around a core group and/or a pattern of play.

We should look to bring out the best in individuals such as Dozzell (and the team as a whole) by helping them express their strengths rather than exposing their weaknesses. It's a crazy idea, I know.

Pronouns: He/Him

Dozzers 'no look' pass on 20:09 - Jul 21 with 948 viewsTractorCam

Dozzers 'no look' pass on 17:08 - Jul 21 by footers

Can't remember what game it was but my favourite was Norris just calmly rolling the ball to a striker in front of him, sad thing is i'm fairly sure he looked as well.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Dozzers 'no look' pass on 21:24 - Jul 21 with 865 viewsStNeotsBlue

The one thing for me next season is to get Andre a decent run of games, by which I mean at least ten to prove himself. All last year he was never given a decent run let alone the opportunity to build partnerships and understanding with teammates.
Login to get fewer ads

Dozzers 'no look' pass on 22:22 - Jul 21 with 775 viewsIllinoisblue

Dozzers 'no look' pass on 21:24 - Jul 21 by StNeotsBlue

The one thing for me next season is to get Andre a decent run of games, by which I mean at least ten to prove himself. All last year he was never given a decent run let alone the opportunity to build partnerships and understanding with teammates.

This. Give him 20 straight games. Build the side around him. He has the talent.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024