Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blimey... 08:55 - Jul 22 with 3165 viewstractordownsouth

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Blimey... on 09:03 - Jul 22 with 1942 viewsStokieBlue

It obviously depends exactly what the recommendations/conclusions of the report are but a move like that would seem to play into the Tory hands.

He must still have a huge amount of support amongst the grass-roots, it could totally fracture Labour support.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Blimey... on 09:09 - Jul 22 with 1910 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blimey... on 09:03 - Jul 22 by StokieBlue

It obviously depends exactly what the recommendations/conclusions of the report are but a move like that would seem to play into the Tory hands.

He must still have a huge amount of support amongst the grass-roots, it could totally fracture Labour support.

SB

Should party political considerations take precedence over proportionate discipline with regards to racism?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 9:10]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Blimey... on 09:13 - Jul 22 with 1885 viewsStokieBlue

Blimey... on 09:09 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

Should party political considerations take precedence over proportionate discipline with regards to racism?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 9:10]

I've clearly not said that.

My first paragraph says it should be entirely based on the report, my second paragraph postulates on the result of such an action, it doesn't say it shouldn't happen due to party political considerations.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Blimey... on 09:20 - Jul 22 with 1854 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blimey... on 09:13 - Jul 22 by StokieBlue

I've clearly not said that.

My first paragraph says it should be entirely based on the report, my second paragraph postulates on the result of such an action, it doesn't say it shouldn't happen due to party political considerations.

SB

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I’m not saying that is your view. But the things you have raised (playing into Tory hands, fracturing the Labour Party) will certainly come into play when deciding whether or not to withdraw the whip.

Certainly those advising Kier Starmer will ask him to take them into consideration.

Hence I’m asking the general question, should party political considerations take precedence over disciplinary action regarding racism?

Edit. I’d also add that this story is purely speculation at the moment. Certainly not verified.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 9:21]

Iron Lion Zion

Blimey... on 09:22 - Jul 22 with 1844 viewsgiant_stow

oh my. Great way to lance the boil, i spose. Would get all nasty puss out well before the next election.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 9:23]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Blimey... on 09:29 - Jul 22 with 1815 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blimey... on 09:22 - Jul 22 by giant_stow

oh my. Great way to lance the boil, i spose. Would get all nasty puss out well before the next election.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 9:23]

Personally I think he’ll be allowed to retire gracefully to his allotment whilst being quietly erased from the a Labour Party history books.

That this is even being talked about though suggests that the EHRC report is damning. I expect a sustained attack on the EHRC in the next few weeks from certain people.

In other news.....

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/corbyn-milne-and-formby-attempt-to-stop-labour-apo

Iron Lion Zion

Blimey... on 09:31 - Jul 22 with 1799 viewsgiant_stow

Blimey... on 09:29 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

Personally I think he’ll be allowed to retire gracefully to his allotment whilst being quietly erased from the a Labour Party history books.

That this is even being talked about though suggests that the EHRC report is damning. I expect a sustained attack on the EHRC in the next few weeks from certain people.

In other news.....

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/corbyn-milne-and-formby-attempt-to-stop-labour-apo

The attack on the EHRC began ages ago innit?

Edit: just read your link: why are Unite funding this legal challenge? What possible justification is there for spending their member's money on that?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 9:35]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Blimey... on 09:51 - Jul 22 with 1733 viewsChutney

And to think so many idiots supported him for so long.
Login to get fewer ads

Blimey... on 10:11 - Jul 22 with 1694 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blimey... on 09:51 - Jul 22 by Chutney

And to think so many idiots supported him for so long.

Even yesterday we had posters on here moaning about how he had been “smeared”.

Iron Lion Zion

Blimey... on 10:16 - Jul 22 with 1678 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blimey... on 09:31 - Jul 22 by giant_stow

The attack on the EHRC began ages ago innit?

Edit: just read your link: why are Unite funding this legal challenge? What possible justification is there for spending their member's money on that?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 9:35]

Len McCluskey was very much part of the whole sorry debacle.

Anyway, they’ve failed....

I’m sure the posters in here who have been libelling the whistleblowers for the past year would also like to take a moment to apologise to them.

This certainly thread hasn’t aged well.

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? by Darth_Koont 7 Jul 2019 11:44
Well, this confirms my worst fears for Wednesday's Panorama exposé on Labour antisemitism.

At a time when we need balance and perspective to get past the narrative and look at facts, instead we've got a journalist who is one of the chief architects of that narrative ... he's already been accused of doing a Panorama hatchet job against Corbyn in 2015 as well as being repeatedly accused of having a pro-Israel and islamophobic stance in other stories.

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/07/07/the-background-of-the-man-behind-the-panorama-hatchet-job-or-jobs-on-labour-party/

That doesn't read well. And looks like the BBC will be doubling down on its generally pretty awful and non-factual reporting around this crisis.

The state of our politics and our media ...

[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 10:47]

Iron Lion Zion

Blimey... on 11:24 - Jul 22 with 1590 viewsBloomBlue

Blimey... on 09:29 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

In other news.....

For a party which talks about caring for all that's one hell of a damning indictment of Labour's racist approach to the whole situation. I know many Jewish people who are watching this closely

Just as bad is the UNITE union and therefore it's members using its funds to try and stop that
Blimey... on 11:34 - Jul 22 with 1564 viewsDarth_Koont

Blimey... on 09:03 - Jul 22 by StokieBlue

SB

Indeed.

If there's any truth in that and it's not just the usual briefing against "the left". But it would also suggest a mighty cover-up over the Labour leaks which would be inexcusable.

Pronouns: He/Him

Blimey... on 11:42 - Jul 22 with 1544 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blimey... on 11:34 - Jul 22 by Darth_Koont

Indeed.

If there's any truth in that and it's not just the usual briefing against "the left". But it would also suggest a mighty cover-up over the Labour leaks which would be inexcusable.

I’m sure you agree with every word in this statement, don’t you?

Now would be a good time to distance yourself from those who libelled both the whistleblowers and a John Ware.

Iron Lion Zion

Blimey... on 11:49 - Jul 22 with 1521 viewsDarth_Koont

Blimey... on 10:16 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

Len McCluskey was very much part of the whole sorry debacle.

Anyway, they’ve failed....

I’m sure the posters in here who have been libelling the whistleblowers for the past year would also like to take a moment to apologise to them.

This certainly thread hasn’t aged well.

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? by Darth_Koont 7 Jul 2019 11:44
Well, this confirms my worst fears for Wednesday's Panorama exposé on Labour antisemitism.

At a time when we need balance and perspective to get past the narrative and look at facts, instead we've got a journalist who is one of the chief architects of that narrative ... he's already been accused of doing a Panorama hatchet job against Corbyn in 2015 as well as being repeatedly accused of having a pro-Israel and islamophobic stance in other stories.

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/07/07/the-background-of-the-man-behind-the-panorama-hatchet-job-or-jobs-on-labour-party/

That doesn't read well. And looks like the BBC will be doubling down on its generally pretty awful and non-factual reporting around this crisis.

The state of our politics and our media ...

[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 10:47]

I posted that even before the Labour leaks.

To reiterate: The state of our politics and media ...

Here's what I reckon will happen with the EHRC report. It will not name anyone but indicate that the complaints process was slow and erratic far too often (it was as the leaked document showed). But by not naming individuals and not putting the McNicol years under the spotlight then the implication remains that this was due to Corbyn's leadership (it was but not in the way that suggests).

As part of this the "whistleblowers" who are prominent in the leaked document as well need to be absolved and that libel case needs to be shut down. If they are named or the libel case continues then the report looks very different in terms of what's been going on. And indeed it opens up the wider and even more damaging issue of the Labour right working against the leadership not just on antisemitism but also in general election campaigns and internal democracy.

It's an embarrassing shambles of petty party politics and factionalism, and I'll keep calling it out as such.

Blimey... on 11:51 - Jul 22 with 1514 viewsBloomBlue

Blimey... on 11:42 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

Now would be a good time to distance yourself from those who libelled both the whistleblowers and a John Ware.

The piece about the party for workers rights is spot-on, as quoted in other news outlets "It is ironic that the workers' party chose to act as disgruntled bosses who had been caught out."
Blimey... on 11:56 - Jul 22 with 1502 viewsDarth_Koont

Blimey... on 11:42 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

But then I'd be ignoring the evidence.

The EHRC may have new evidence but as the JLM and others have thrown the kitchen sink at Corbyn and the left over 5 years then I don't see how that's possible.

None of the evidence was as compelling and detailed as the primary source evidence in the Labour leaks document. I understand why that evidence is massively compromising for the Labour party and the Labour right but until there's some honesty and transparency over this rather than a coverup and whitewash then the Labour party may well be toast as an electoral force anyway.

Blimey... on 12:33 - Jul 22 with 1453 viewsGlasgowBlue

Moving in from the antisemitism issues, Corbyn really is a millstone around Starmer’s neck.

He had some good attack lines against Boris at PMQ’s regarding Russian interference but Boris was able to counter him with Corbyn’s response to the Salisbury poisoning. He then moved on to calling for RT’s broadcasting license to be reviewed, and Johnson was able to come back with Corbyn’s paid RT appearances and endorsements.

It would be better for Starmer if Corbyn was to step down as an MP and disappear.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 12:40]

Iron Lion Zion

Blimey... on 13:34 - Jul 22 with 1373 viewsitfcjoe

Blimey... on 11:24 - Jul 22 by BloomBlue

For a party which talks about caring for all that's one hell of a damning indictment of Labour's racist approach to the whole situation. I know many Jewish people who are watching this closely

Just as bad is the UNITE union and therefore it's members using its funds to try and stop that

Same as before - Anna Turley calls Len McLusky and arsehole, Sqwakbox, the 'independent website' subsequently do a piece about her.

She sues, Unite pay the legal fees, she wins, sqwakbox appeals, Unite pay the legal fees, she wins again.

Unite spunk hundreds of thousands away, of members funds, just because Len McLusky couldn't take a Labour MP calling him an arsehole

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Blimey... on 13:43 - Jul 22 with 1345 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blimey... on 13:34 - Jul 22 by itfcjoe

Same as before - Anna Turley calls Len McLusky and arsehole, Sqwakbox, the 'independent website' subsequently do a piece about her.

She sues, Unite pay the legal fees, she wins, sqwakbox appeals, Unite pay the legal fees, she wins again.

Unite spunk hundreds of thousands away, of members funds, just because Len McLusky couldn't take a Labour MP calling him an arsehole

In other news Richard Millets, the British Jews who “didn’t get English irony despite living here all of his life”, has just won the first round in his defamation case against Corbyn.

Corbyn being cross-examined in court under oath by a QC is his worst nightmare. I think he’ll do anything to avoid that so expect another out of court settlement.

Iron Lion Zion

Blimey... on 13:46 - Jul 22 with 1335 viewsDarth_Koont

Blimey... on 13:43 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

In other news Richard Millets, the British Jews who “didn’t get English irony despite living here all of his life”, has just won the first round in his defamation case against Corbyn.

Corbyn being cross-examined in court under oath by a QC is his worst nightmare. I think he’ll do anything to avoid that so expect another out of court settlement.

You mean Corbyn WAS speaking about two specific people rather than smearing Zionists/Jews?

I'm not sure that's the victory you think it was as you'll have to put that accusation to bed now.

Blimey... on 13:50 - Jul 22 with 1322 viewsBloomBlue

Blimey... on 13:34 - Jul 22 by itfcjoe

I see McCluskey is being quoted as... 'But Unite general secretary Len McCluskey described the settlement as a "misuse" of party's funds, suggesting Labour had been advised that it would win the case'.

Obviously McCluskey not concerned about whether Unite funding a last minute legal challenge to it was a misuse of the union members funds
Blimey... on 14:26 - Jul 22 with 1273 viewstractordownsouth

Blimey... on 11:34 - Jul 22 by Darth_Koont

Indeed.

The Labour leaks are being investigated

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Blimey... on 14:42 - Jul 22 with 1251 viewsDarth_Koont

Blimey... on 14:26 - Jul 22 by tractordownsouth

But the primary source evidence in the Labour Leaks contradicts the statements the same people made to Panorama.

You can see how problematic that is and how prejudicial that is to the inquiry surely? The evidence backs up the complaint that the Panorama documentary was critically flawed and that the reporting was substandard.

Try to convince me that they're not sweeping it under the carpet. And along with it the evidence that a few too many of the radical or at least self-serving Labour right have been fighting to keep the Tories in as long as it kept Corbyn out.

I hope the membership clears out the lot of them - and any of the leadership and PLP who try to excuse this. This is a frightening abuse of basic democratic and representative principles.

Blimey... on 15:12 - Jul 22 with 1212 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blimey... on 14:26 - Jul 22 by tractordownsouth

John Ware now suing Corbyn after he released a statement calling Labour’s decision to apologise “political”.

Iron Lion Zion

Blimey... on 15:20 - Jul 22 with 1194 viewsDarth_Koont

Blimey... on 15:12 - Jul 22 by GlasgowBlue

John Ware now suing Corbyn after he released a statement calling Labour’s decision to apologise “political”.

Good. It's as political as you are.

Ware probably thinks the establishment will keep backing him up. I think he'll find that his luck will eventually run out.

There's still time for you to distance yourself from this, you know.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024