Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Webster article in The Athletic 13:21 - Aug 25 with 1371 viewsitfcjoe

“We liked him for a long time – he’d had a bit of an indifferent year in terms of injuries and we’d heard it maybe wasn’t the best (at Ipswich) then in terms of sports science,” Johnson tells The Athletic.

“We felt to go with his ability he had some physical gains and, with a fresh pre-season, we really thought he was worth the purchase.

“I had a good friend that I played with at Ipswich, Cole Skuse. He was waxing lyrical about Webby and the way he trains.

“That’s a really good marker, from other players in football, because they see their attitude, the way they train.”

The change in philosophy from Mick McCarthy’s Ipswich to Johnson’s Bristol City for Webster bears similarities to the style shift at Brighton since Potter succeeded Chris Hughton after the 2018-19 season.

“Most important was the attitude and belief to carry the ball,” says Johnson. “That’s the way I wanted my centre-halves to play. Coming from Ipswich was a slightly different style. We accentuated it in terms of coming out from the back.”

https://theathletic.com/2010406/
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 13:21]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Adam Webster article in The Athletic on 13:22 - Aug 25 with 1333 viewsJ2BLUE

Maybe that will be the one thing Hurst did do right if Lambert still uses it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Adam Webster article in The Athletic on 13:26 - Aug 25 with 1272 viewshomer_123

Adam Webster article in The Athletic on 13:22 - Aug 25 by J2BLUE

Wilson...our ball playing CB.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Adam Webster article in The Athletic on 13:27 - Aug 25 with 1269 viewsIllinoisblue

Interesting and telling comments. We are reaping what we’ve (not) sown.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Adam Webster article in The Athletic on 13:29 - Aug 25 with 1236 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

That's untrue.

He said that under Mick the football wasn't great and the sports science was lacking.

That can't be true.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Adam Webster article in The Athletic on 13:32 - Aug 25 with 1200 viewsBlueBadger

I suspect that the lack of a more structured approach to injury rehab has been at Town for a lot longer than we think. I can't remember the last time we didn't have any at least long-term injured player who simply couldn't get fit or stay fit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Adam Webster article in The Athletic on 13:48 - Aug 25 with 1072 viewsGeoffSentence

Adam Webster article in The Athletic on 13:22 - Aug 25 by J2BLUE

If Mick McCarthy had taken pictures of footballers in their pants we might have kept hold of him

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Adam Webster article in The Athletic on 14:00 - Aug 25 with 990 viewsGarv

Stinks of the club not being run very well, in a similar way to how our scouting often looks limited and tin pot.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Adam Webster article in The Athletic on 14:22 - Aug 25 with 881 viewsMaySixth

Lee Johnson - forever a gobs**te

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024