Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any old Britpop fans out there? 14:45 - Aug 31 with 2467 viewsBrixtonBlue

Radio 2 currently doing a best 50 countdown. Nostalgiatastic.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 15:28 - Aug 31 with 1552 viewsDebsyAngel

Recording it to wind forward the yapping and endless Twitter shoutouts. I am running a thread on a group I belong to, but will listen later. They seem to think there is too much chat and not every song in the top 50 is actually being played.
Any old Britpop fans out there? on 15:52 - Aug 31 with 1521 viewsuefacup81

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 15:28 - Aug 31 by DebsyAngel

Recording it to wind forward the yapping and endless Twitter shoutouts. I am running a thread on a group I belong to, but will listen later. They seem to think there is too much chat and not every song in the top 50 is actually being played.

I'd agree with you on that.

Even if those in charge think that Jo Whiley blathering on adds to the experience, it's a bank holiday programme - it's not as if they're so pressed for time that they can't play every song as well.

And yet there seems to be time for songs that didn't make the chart to be played. Go figure.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 15:55]

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 16:09 - Aug 31 with 1488 viewsgtsb1966

If this doesn't make the top ten I'll eat my pants.
Any old Britpop fans out there? on 16:19 - Aug 31 with 1470 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Country house has to be no.1.
Any old Britpop fans out there? on 16:33 - Aug 31 with 1450 viewsuefacup81

Not even playing the top 10 in its entirety.

Makes no sense.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 16:40 - Aug 31 with 1436 viewsMonkeyAlan

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 15:52 - Aug 31 by uefacup81

I'd agree with you on that.

Even if those in charge think that Jo Whiley blathering on adds to the experience, it's a bank holiday programme - it's not as if they're so pressed for time that they can't play every song as well.

And yet there seems to be time for songs that didn't make the chart to be played. Go figure.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 15:55]

I like Jo Whiley. Only really 2 Brit pop groups. The rest are all pretenders.
Any old Britpop fans out there? on 16:47 - Aug 31 with 1424 viewsBassett_Blue

I don't think The Pretenders made the list unfortunately.
Any old Britpop fans out there? on 16:50 - Aug 31 with 1416 viewsMonkeyAlan

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 16:47 - Aug 31 by Bassett_Blue

I don't think The Pretenders made the list unfortunately.

I like the pretenders funny enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 18:28 - Aug 31 with 1349 viewsBlueBadger

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 16:40 - Aug 31 by MonkeyAlan

I like Jo Whiley. Only really 2 Brit pop groups. The rest are all pretenders.

So that's Pulp and....Pulp?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 18:31 - Aug 31 with 1342 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Who were the top 3 ?
Any old Britpop fans out there? on 18:32 - Aug 31 with 1340 viewsHerbivore

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 16:09 - Aug 31 by gtsb1966

If this doesn't make the top ten I'll eat my pants.

The Longpigs were a great band.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 18:37 - Aug 31 with 1342 viewsBrixtonBlue

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 18:31 - Aug 31 by IpswichBoyBlue

Who were the top 3 ?

I went out for a walk with the missus just as The Bluetones came on (who were great IMO). Don't know the top 3 so I'd also be interested. One of the Oasis ones must've been no.1.

I was bemused to hear Shampoo - Trouble make the list; wouldn't have called that Britpop myself, although was quite amusing to hear it again after all these years.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:04 - Aug 31 with 1318 viewsBlueBadger

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 18:37 - Aug 31 by BrixtonBlue

I went out for a walk with the missus just as The Bluetones came on (who were great IMO). Don't know the top 3 so I'd also be interested. One of the Oasis ones must've been no.1.

I was bemused to hear Shampoo - Trouble make the list; wouldn't have called that Britpop myself, although was quite amusing to hear it again after all these years.

'Trouble' is a f*cking banger. It sh1ts over 95% of 'proper' Britpop like Kula Shaker, Cast or Ocean Colour Scene.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:09 - Aug 31 with 1310 viewsDebsyAngel

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 18:37 - Aug 31 by BrixtonBlue

Just looked and this is the top 3:

1. The Boo Radleys - Wake Up Boo!

2. Suede - Trash

3 The Seahorses - Love Is The Law.

I HATE the Boo Radleys! Great to see Shampoo and the mighty Elastica in there. Who creates these lists? METALLICA and FOO FIGHTERS, as great as they both are, are NOT BRIT POP! They are not even British!!
Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:13 - Aug 31 with 1296 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:09 - Aug 31 by DebsyAngel

2. Suede - Trash

I HATE the Boo Radleys! Great to see Shampoo and the mighty Elastica in there. Who creates these lists? METALLICA and FOO FIGHTERS, as great as they both are, are NOT BRIT POP! They are not even British!!

Thanks. Wouldn't have put any of them top 3.
Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:13 - Aug 31 with 1298 viewsBrixtonBlue

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:09 - Aug 31 by DebsyAngel

2. Suede - Trash

Are you sure you looked at the right thing? I heard Trash and Love Is The Law when it was around the mid-30 mark.

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:15 - Aug 31 with 1296 viewsBrixtonBlue

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:13 - Aug 31 by IpswichBoyBlue

Thanks. Wouldn't have put any of them top 3.

They didn't. Sorry Debsy, dunno what you were looking at. As I suspected, Oasis were no.1.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2020/wonderwall-best-selling-britpo

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:15 - Aug 31 with 1293 viewsDebsyAngel

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:13 - Aug 31 by BrixtonBlue

Are you sure you looked at the right thing? I heard Trash and Love Is The Law when it was around the mid-30 mark.

I got it off this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000m447

Is it not right then?
Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:18 - Aug 31 with 1283 viewsBrixtonBlue

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:15 - Aug 31 by DebsyAngel

I got it off this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000m447

Is it not right then?

No that's just the tracklist. See my above link for the top 10.

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:19 - Aug 31 with 1281 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:15 - Aug 31 by BrixtonBlue

They didn't. Sorry Debsy, dunno what you were looking at. As I suspected, Oasis were no.1.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2020/wonderwall-best-selling-britpo

That is better. Thanks mate.
Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:20 - Aug 31 with 1280 viewsDebsyAngel

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:18 - Aug 31 by BrixtonBlue

No that's just the tracklist. See my above link for the top 10.

Just did thanks. Much more appropriate!No idea what is wrong with the Radio 2 site tracklist!! Sorry for the outburst all! :D
Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:27 - Aug 31 with 1276 viewsnoggin

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:04 - Aug 31 by BlueBadger

'Trouble' is a f*cking banger. It sh1ts over 95% of 'proper' Britpop like Kula Shaker, Cast or Ocean Colour Scene.

Anyone who doesn't like OCS hasn't actually listened. Having said that, they are/were never Britpop.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 19:28]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:32 - Aug 31 with 1255 viewsBrixtonBlue

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:20 - Aug 31 by DebsyAngel

Just did thanks. Much more appropriate!No idea what is wrong with the Radio 2 site tracklist!! Sorry for the outburst all! :D

That's just what they're going to play, in order. So the songs you listed would've been fairly near the start, and they didn't play every song in the top 50 anyway, as someone said earlier.

No idea why they didn't play them all, but it was an enjoyable listen anyway and I would've stayed for the full thing if the missus wasn't desperate to get out of the house. To be fair, I wouldn't even have known about it if she hadn't put it on, so mustn't grumble.

I don't know if 90's Britpop will stand the test of time, but it brought back a lot of memories for me as I was the right age for it. Amazing to think, for example, that The Las never went on to do anything else. I felt like a bit of an outsider music-wise until Oasis came along. They're the ones, for me, who opened the floodgates to the charts (which were all important at the time).

I was a bit young for punk but I assume it was a similar, yet more tuneful, invasion.

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:40 - Aug 31 with 1241 viewsnoggin

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:32 - Aug 31 by BrixtonBlue

That's just what they're going to play, in order. So the songs you listed would've been fairly near the start, and they didn't play every song in the top 50 anyway, as someone said earlier.

No idea why they didn't play them all, but it was an enjoyable listen anyway and I would've stayed for the full thing if the missus wasn't desperate to get out of the house. To be fair, I wouldn't even have known about it if she hadn't put it on, so mustn't grumble.

I don't know if 90's Britpop will stand the test of time, but it brought back a lot of memories for me as I was the right age for it. Amazing to think, for example, that The Las never went on to do anything else. I felt like a bit of an outsider music-wise until Oasis came along. They're the ones, for me, who opened the floodgates to the charts (which were all important at the time).

I was a bit young for punk but I assume it was a similar, yet more tuneful, invasion.

I got into music with punk but it was the 2 Tone thing that did it for me. It was so much a part of my teenage years that it still brings back amazing memories.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Any old Britpop fans out there? on 19:45 - Aug 31 with 1227 viewsBLUEBEAT

A longterm friend has recently compiled a BritPop comp for Cherry Red Records.

Tracklisting here:

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/martin-green-presents-super-sonics-40-junksh

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024