Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Depressing stuff 08:08 - Sep 12 with 1492 viewsgordon

Obviously this should read "Me and Dom are a threat to the integrity of the UK" or "Brexit is a threat to the integrity of the UK".

Our future really all depends on whether there's anything at all that might make our rump of radicalised English patriots think again about what's going on, I guess. Great.

Depressing stuff on 08:35 - Sep 12 with 1441 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Yeah, but ... Sharon Stone
Depressing stuff on 08:41 - Sep 12 with 1439 viewsElephantintheRoom

Its true isnt it?

The EU has, by expecting the UK to honour its legal commitments driven the UK (well its government at least) to totally lose its integrity.

Odd that a lying windbag is allowed to public this drivel in a national newspaper without censure. If he was advertising sausage rolls every word would have been fact checked by a standards authority.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Depressing stuff on 09:13 - Sep 12 with 1396 viewseireblue

Not filled with a sense of pleasure and joy?
Would you like a Tory MP to come around and sing Rule Britannia, would that help?
Depressing stuff on 09:20 - Sep 12 with 1385 viewsSwansea_Blue

They’re desperate to have an enemy/a bogeyman to blame aren’t they? That’s how they were voted in in the first place and, seemingly, it’s all they know. Sadly, they’re probably right in thinking it will continue to work (as long as they have media willing to spread this nonsense).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Depressing stuff on 09:28 - Sep 12 with 1369 viewsHerbivore

Aren't there some sort of rules preventing the PM using a newspaper for what amounts to propaganda purposes?

I think we all need to write to the Press Complaints Commission as I imagine that Johnson's piece will be littered with the kind of factual inaccuracies that have no place in the regulated media.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Depressing stuff on 09:31 - Sep 12 with 1361 viewsEdwardStone

Depressing stuff on 09:28 - Sep 12 by Herbivore

Aren't there some sort of rules preventing the PM using a newspaper for what amounts to propaganda purposes?

I think we all need to write to the Press Complaints Commission as I imagine that Johnson's piece will be littered with the kind of factual inaccuracies that have no place in the regulated media.

I think broadcast media ( TV, Radio) is bound by much stricter rules than print

Newspapers can print any old krap without censure
Depressing stuff on 09:31 - Sep 12 with 1364 viewsgordon

Nice that John Major literally warned us before the vote in 2016 the very thing that Boris Johnson seems now to be realising - “The unity of the United Kingdom itself is on the ballot paper in two weeks’ time.”

https://amp.ft.com/content/02694772-2d9d-11e6-a18d-a96ab29e3c95
Depressing stuff on 09:36 - Sep 12 with 1349 viewseireblue

Depressing stuff on 09:20 - Sep 12 by Swansea_Blue

They’re desperate to have an enemy/a bogeyman to blame aren’t they? That’s how they were voted in in the first place and, seemingly, it’s all they know. Sadly, they’re probably right in thinking it will continue to work (as long as they have media willing to spread this nonsense).

Yep.

It also depends on people not remembering that he is talking about his own deal.

Either they did a bad deal, or didn’t understand the deal they did.

So pure incompetence. Or they new it was a fudge, and lied to the electorate.

Or of course, both.
Login to get fewer ads

Depressing stuff on 09:42 - Sep 12 with 1337 viewsgordon

Depressing stuff on 09:36 - Sep 12 by eireblue

Yep.

It also depends on people not remembering that he is talking about his own deal.

Or of course, both.

It's taken us 4 and half years to get to this point - 4 and half years to do the eaisest deal in history, with us holding all the cards. And so far all we've managed is to accidentally sign a treaty which threatens the integrity of the United Kingdom.
Depressing stuff on 09:48 - Sep 12 with 1312 viewsHerbivore

Yep.

Or of course, both.

It was well-publicised a year ago that the deal he'd negotiated essentially meant a border down the Irish Sea. None of this has come out of the woodwork, they've just realised how politically damaging it is and how unprepared they are to deal with the logistics of it given we're only a few months away from leaving.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Depressing stuff on 09:49 - Sep 12 with 1313 viewspointofblue

Yep.

Or of course, both.

And this is what Starmer and co need to pound him with repeatedly during the debate for this change and at PMQs. Did he realise what he was signing? If yes, why did the PM of this country willingly sign away our sovereignty (to use his current reasoning)? If not, why has it taken this long to realise the consequences?

Incompetent or being deliberately misleading, PM... which is it?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Depressing stuff on 09:53 - Sep 12 with 1303 viewsgordon

Depressing stuff on 09:49 - Sep 12 by pointofblue

And this is what Starmer and co need to pound him with repeatedly during the debate for this change and at PMQs. Did he realise what he was signing? If yes, why did the PM of this country willingly sign away our sovereignty (to use his current reasoning)? If not, why has it taken this long to realise the consequences?

Incompetent or being deliberately misleading, PM... which is it?

Yup, I think Starmer and the Labour strategists have to try and get beyond their fear of being called remainers now.
Depressing stuff on 09:57 - Sep 12 with 1290 viewspointofblue

Depressing stuff on 09:53 - Sep 12 by gordon

Yup, I think Starmer and the Labour strategists have to try and get beyond their fear of being called remainers now.

To be fair to them this should be an easy shot - it has nothing to do about leaving the EU and all about the deal that he put to the House to facilitate it. As said at the time, the greatest irony of all of this is they removed May when she actually had negotiated a better deal than Johnson managed, particularly over the status of the island of Ireland.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Depressing stuff on 10:44 - Sep 12 with 1194 viewsBasuco

Depressing stuff on 09:31 - Sep 12 by EdwardStone

I think broadcast media ( TV, Radio) is bound by much stricter rules than print

Newspapers can print any old krap without censure

Yes, it is also a well known tactic of Boris & Dom to feed misinformation and untruths to party friendly newspapers and also put it out on social media as facts, when they know it isn't. The subject is then spoken as fact by readers but there is no trace back to the PM or his office. He just blames the Sky, Sun, Telegraph, Mail, and their Sunday editions for the factual errors.
Depressing stuff on 10:48 - Sep 12 with 1184 viewsSwansea_Blue

Depressing stuff on 09:31 - Sep 12 by gordon

Nice that John Major literally warned us before the vote in 2016 the very thing that Boris Johnson seems now to be realising - “The unity of the United Kingdom itself is on the ballot paper in two weeks’ time.”

https://amp.ft.com/content/02694772-2d9d-11e6-a18d-a96ab29e3c95

Project Fear. That'll never happen

Depressing stuff on 10:51 - Sep 12 with 1177 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep.

Or of course, both.

Or people wanting to remember. Or even caring that this is going on rather than just cheering 'their' side whatever happens (the great irony of course is that Johnson & co are as far from being on their side as possible).

As for whether they knew what deal they were making, I find it hard to believe they didn't given it was pointed out plenty of times. But you never know - they're pretty crap at most things, so it could be pure incompetence.

Depressing stuff on 11:13 - Sep 12 with 1141 viewsBlueBadger

I'm sure that our resident Brexiteers will be appalled by this, given their firm stances respecting the law.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024