Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? 08:51 - Sep 11 with 5654 viewsthebooks

No drive-in or walk-in sites available. Website doesn't work properly and calling for an appointment just results in a "we're busy call back later".

Fücking shambles. Means we have to isolate as a family until the posted test arrives, we send it back and they return the results. How's that meant to help get everyone back to work and the kids to school?
Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 08:56 - Sep 11 with 3550 viewsgordon

There's a school near me where lots of the teachers have had to self-isolate because there's a suspected case amongst the teachers, but because there's no tests available they can't confirm whether it's COVID or not so half the kids aren't able to attend.
Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 08:59 - Sep 11 with 3543 viewsjeera

They've suddenly really taken off haven't they.

It was only a couple of weeks ago I posted how easy it was to get one.

I started to book one online [BSE] out of curiosity. Although I didn't accept it, the slots were available pretty much immediately.

A short rise in infections and people are on the case. Maybe stock up on a few loo rolls before those all sell-out too!

Edit: Gordon's post has made me realise that of course this was before the schools returned. Clearly having an impact.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 9:00]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 08:59 - Sep 11 with 3539 viewsEly_Blue

Not sure where you live but if if you look at the infection numbers per 100k for anywhere in Suffolk/Cambs then you’ll see they are incredibly low, the ones who are taking all the testing capacity/slots are the ones with no symptoms or even any real reason to need to take a test other than curiosity or needing a negative test result to prove they are clear for some reason.

The testing system is set up for people who genuinely think they may be infected not those people booking slots to give themselves clearance

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 09:03 - Sep 11 with 3510 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 08:59 - Sep 11 by Ely_Blue

Not sure where you live but if if you look at the infection numbers per 100k for anywhere in Suffolk/Cambs then you’ll see they are incredibly low, the ones who are taking all the testing capacity/slots are the ones with no symptoms or even any real reason to need to take a test other than curiosity or needing a negative test result to prove they are clear for some reason.

The testing system is set up for people who genuinely think they may be infected not those people booking slots to give themselves clearance

Problem is while a negative test will give them the reassurance they seek it only lasts a couple of days they then begin to worry even more than they did before.

An American friend is paying for a test every week.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 09:06 - Sep 11 with 3500 viewsthebooks

If people need tests they need tests 🤷🏻‍♂️. I find it hard to believe there's been a rush of curious testsers and I don't accept it's the public's fault. If you need clearance that's probably because you'll have no income if you don't have it.

The schools return was always going generate loads of tests because the symptoms are cold like and you're suddenly throwing several thousand people together. The infection rate may well be low, but that doesn't mean testing will also be low.

This useless government is simply unable to do anything that requires mass co-ordination and planning.
Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 09:18 - Sep 11 with 3476 viewsitfcpaul

and you know that how?

Guess you were a conservative voter then, or just believe the latest lies and rhetoric from this shambles of a Government, just like the 10 million tests a day we are going to be carrying out, come on do you really believe this, it's just lies
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 9:20]

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 09:18 - Sep 11 with 3472 viewsthebooks

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 09:06 - Sep 11 by thebooks

If people need tests they need tests 🤷🏻‍♂️. I find it hard to believe there's been a rush of curious testsers and I don't accept it's the public's fault. If you need clearance that's probably because you'll have no income if you don't have it.

The schools return was always going generate loads of tests because the symptoms are cold like and you're suddenly throwing several thousand people together. The infection rate may well be low, but that doesn't mean testing will also be low.

This useless government is simply unable to do anything that requires mass co-ordination and planning.

Sorry to bang on about this, but I'm genuinely angry.

No walk-in or drive-in coronavirus tests available.

When you try and book a home test kit, there are none available! Are we meant to fücking isolate again for weeks on end because my daughter has cold symptoms and the government can't arrange testing.

Bunch of fücking toff chancers.
Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 09:23 - Sep 11 with 3453 viewsgordon

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 08:59 - Sep 11 by jeera

They've suddenly really taken off haven't they.

It was only a couple of weeks ago I posted how easy it was to get one.

I started to book one online [BSE] out of curiosity. Although I didn't accept it, the slots were available pretty much immediately.

A short rise in infections and people are on the case. Maybe stock up on a few loo rolls before those all sell-out too!

Edit: Gordon's post has made me realise that of course this was before the schools returned. Clearly having an impact.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 9:00]

Universities going back will make an enormous difference as well - the problem there will be that the SERCO centres will basically be wherever they could rent a car park for a decent price, but the vast majority of university students won't have access to their own transport and won't be dead keen on e.g. taking a taxi 10 miles to the out of town exhibition centre or whatever.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 09:25 - Sep 11 with 3445 viewsgordon

Not sure that blaming the public stacks up, that's just a line from Matt Hancock that you're repeating isn't it?
Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 09:48 - Sep 11 with 3414 viewsBasuco

The Government is blocking testing as a means of reducing the headline new infection rate, if new infections continue to rise then the UK will have no alternative but to return to full lock down. My mums are home had to stop testing residents 5 to 6 weeks ago due to "a national shortage of test kits" so instead of all residents and staff being tested once a month, it is now a 25% sample of staff tested. Care homes are once again being left to fend for themselves and bare the brunt of Covid.
Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 10:02 - Sep 11 with 3384 viewsitfcpaul

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 09:48 - Sep 11 by Basuco

The Government is blocking testing as a means of reducing the headline new infection rate, if new infections continue to rise then the UK will have no alternative but to return to full lock down. My mums are home had to stop testing residents 5 to 6 weeks ago due to "a national shortage of test kits" so instead of all residents and staff being tested once a month, it is now a 25% sample of staff tested. Care homes are once again being left to fend for themselves and bare the brunt of Covid.

The Govt just tell lies to tell the story they want to be told, but people, well a selection of them, still believe in what they are saying, wish they would be honest and say how bad it is like the Spanish and French are currently, I like many others just don't believe them

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 10:55 - Sep 11 with 3348 viewsDebsyAngel

I tried to get a home test, but could not get one as not got the "classic signs", (the cough/fever/loss of taste and smell). I cannot drive so can't even go to a drive in centre. I have no idea what is wrong with me, but I seem to have 9 on the list of the "long term covid effects" without knowingly having the virus. It could be hormones, I do not know. I just know that in the last week, I have been so exhausted and feeling sick and in pain, that something is up. I barely go out, and we are so careful with stuff, like cleaning ALL shopping/bags/post/door handles etc. If we are all to get a test, how does this head in the clouds Government suggest we do this?
Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 12:17 - Sep 11 with 3292 viewsGiant_Midget

I was showing symptoms so booked a home test last Thursday, it was delivered Friday. I completed and returned in Friday. I got my negative result Tuesday. self isolating for the weekend was an inconvenience, but absolutely nothing in comparison to the sacrifices etc some people have made over the last few months.

There seems to be a lot of coughs, colds etc around at the moment, I suspect from the return of schools etc.
Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 12:21 - Sep 11 with 3287 viewspointofblue

That’s odd; my mate works for a nursing home and all staff and residents are being tested weekly. Is your mum’s home sheltered housing or residential? That might be why there’s a difference.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 12:21 - Sep 11 with 3286 viewsitfcpaul

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 10:55 - Sep 11 by DebsyAngel

I tried to get a home test, but could not get one as not got the "classic signs", (the cough/fever/loss of taste and smell). I cannot drive so can't even go to a drive in centre. I have no idea what is wrong with me, but I seem to have 9 on the list of the "long term covid effects" without knowingly having the virus. It could be hormones, I do not know. I just know that in the last week, I have been so exhausted and feeling sick and in pain, that something is up. I barely go out, and we are so careful with stuff, like cleaning ALL shopping/bags/post/door handles etc. If we are all to get a test, how does this head in the clouds Government suggest we do this?

it's all a Govt lie, it won't happen, its the same as the testing availability, 500,000 by end of a month not so long ago, the world beating track and trace app that will be in place by the end of June, just two of the lies and impossibilities they have spoke about

Can you imagine what it would be like getting 10 million people in queues around the country in a day, its actually probably impossible physically both in the time it would take and space on roads etc

to do 10 million a day it would actually mean doing 416 thousand every hour!!!! and the testing would take months, it's just a lie

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 12:47 - Sep 11 with 3249 viewsBasuco

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 12:21 - Sep 11 by pointofblue

That’s odd; my mate works for a nursing home and all staff and residents are being tested weekly. Is your mum’s home sheltered housing or residential? That might be why there’s a difference.

It is a residential home in Cambridgeshire, a report on Radio Cambridgeshire stated that the provision of test kits had been moved from NHS supply to Serco, the shortage was across Cambridgeshire following the outsourcing to serco. Supply has still not been restored, it is a fully private home with no NHS residents.
Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 12:50 - Sep 11 with 3241 viewspointofblue

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 12:47 - Sep 11 by Basuco

It is a residential home in Cambridgeshire, a report on Radio Cambridgeshire stated that the provision of test kits had been moved from NHS supply to Serco, the shortage was across Cambridgeshire following the outsourcing to serco. Supply has still not been restored, it is a fully private home with no NHS residents.

Thanks for the reply. Heaven forbid they actually organise something properly. Hope the tests are made available again soon but, unfortunately, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re not.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 13:07 - Sep 11 with 3214 viewsBasuco

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 12:50 - Sep 11 by pointofblue

Thanks for the reply. Heaven forbid they actually organise something properly. Hope the tests are made available again soon but, unfortunately, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re not.

The home has been in lock down for just over 5 month's now, with visits restricted to outdoor gazebo's 2 - 3 metre separation and face coverings, max 30 mins. They are currently looking at how the can safely move to indoor visits in another building, but family and friends will still not be allowed into the home itself. So Mum is safe, but the lack of testing prevents them moving any residents to the prepared isolation wing should they catch Covid and also the early identification of any staff catching it. They home is doing a great job but hampered by things outside of their control. A care worker from Hertfordshire told me yesterday that all their staff tests and been returned inconclusive, not one positive or negative, not sure what that result is all about.
Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 13:34 - Sep 11 with 3182 viewssolemio

According to the local paper people in St Albans, Hertfordshire, have been told to get tested in Brighton, Oxford and Aberdeen.

No idea whether this is true or not.
Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 13:36 - Sep 11 with 3179 viewsMonkeyAlan

You know this how? I think you are trying a bit of the old conspiracy theories there arnt you?
Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 13:45 - Sep 11 with 3165 viewsjeera

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 13:36 - Sep 11 by MonkeyAlan

You know this how? I think you are trying a bit of the old conspiracy theories there arnt you?

Only if you're not familiar with dirty tactics used by this lot.

In fact, as far as conspiracies go, it's hardly an unrealistic one.

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 13:47 - Sep 11 with 3157 viewsMonkeyAlan

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 13:45 - Sep 11 by jeera

Only if you're not familiar with dirty tactics used by this lot.

In fact, as far as conspiracies go, it's hardly an unrealistic one.

You know this how? You can't make allegations without substance.
Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 13:53 - Sep 11 with 3139 viewsjeera

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 13:47 - Sep 11 by MonkeyAlan

You know this how? You can't make allegations without substance.

I didn't say I know anything. Now who's making things up?

I was responding to your " I think you are trying a bit of the old conspiracy theories there arnt you?"

Which is you making your own assumptions with no evidence too.

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 15:49 - Sep 11 with 3083 viewsthebooks

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 12:17 - Sep 11 by Giant_Midget

I was showing symptoms so booked a home test last Thursday, it was delivered Friday. I completed and returned in Friday. I got my negative result Tuesday. self isolating for the weekend was an inconvenience, but absolutely nothing in comparison to the sacrifices etc some people have made over the last few months.

There seems to be a lot of coughs, colds etc around at the moment, I suspect from the return of schools etc.

Obviously that was last Thursday, which would have been around the first day kids went back to school. The situation is very different now.

And I'm very glad you found self-isolating over a weekend an “inconvenience”. However, I'm talking about my kids missing more school after missing nearly five months, and the effect longer delays than what you experienced will have on people’s work situation. So really no need to imply I’m whinging, thanks.
Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 15:50 - Sep 11 with 3078 viewsMonkeyAlan

Anyone tried to book a coronavirus test recently? on 13:53 - Sep 11 by jeera

I didn't say I know anything. Now who's making things up?

I was responding to your " I think you are trying a bit of the old conspiracy theories there arnt you?"

Which is you making your own assumptions with no evidence too.

Pot, kettle, black comes to mind.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024