Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Junior Flemings . 06:15 - Oct 7 with 1702 viewssolomon

Watching San Diego locals collectively walking off the pitch in protest at flemmings blatant homophobia towards their player should make any decent human being feel inspired and proud of their stand against this pathetic individual.

It’s sad the relevant authorities have decided to only ban him for 6 games, it should be a lifetime ban.

This type of protest should be widely adopted in all leagues and completions across the football playing world. I’m always saddened by the lack of action when our players are racially abused when playing at home and abroad, this is how to deal with it in my opinion.
Junior Flemings . on 08:55 - Oct 7 with 1617 viewsDanTheMan

This is quite an incredible conversation. The other manager (not Landon Donovan) is being a fecking idiot here.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Junior Flemings . on 09:07 - Oct 7 with 1590 viewsHerbivore

Junior Flemings . on 08:55 - Oct 7 by DanTheMan

This is quite an incredible conversation. The other manager (not Landon Donovan) is being a fecking idiot here.

Massive respect for Landon Donovan there, really impressed with him taking a stand to support one of his players and to stand up to homophobia. It's a shame more football people aren't as principled.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Junior Flemings . on 09:28 - Oct 7 with 1566 viewsKeno

Junior Flemings . on 09:07 - Oct 7 by Herbivore

Massive respect for Landon Donovan there, really impressed with him taking a stand to support one of his players and to stand up to homophobia. It's a shame more football people aren't as principled.

Seconded regarding the stand Landon Donovan

in 2020 this soy of things really shouldn't be happening, and where it does the authorities have to be more supportive

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54443676
[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 9:29]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Junior Flemings . on 09:34 - Oct 7 with 1550 viewsbluelagos

Yep. Always felt the "Turn the other cheek" approach to such issues hasn't really ever challenged racism (and homophobia) in the past. Good on them for saying enough is enough.

I doubt many players will be going down that route again in the MLS.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Junior Flemings . on 09:47 - Oct 7 with 1533 viewsBlueBadger

I'm sure Paz will be along very shortly to tell us what a dreadful act this is and we're all siding with bullies in condemning a homophobe.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Junior Flemings . on 09:49 - Oct 7 with 1528 viewsBlueBadger

The word 'football' is sadly superfluous here.

Also, how DARE Donovan bully Flemming for just having a Different Opinion...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Junior Flemings . on 09:49 - Oct 7 with 1528 viewsKeno

Junior Flemings . on 09:47 - Oct 7 by BlueBadger

I'm sure Paz will be along very shortly to tell us what a dreadful act this is and we're all siding with bullies in condemning a homophobe.

he will probably say we should be bending over backwards to accommodate the homophobes

Junior Flemings . on 09:50 - Oct 7 with 1529 viewsBlueBadger

Junior Flemings . on 09:28 - Oct 7 by Keno

Seconded regarding the stand Landon Donovan

in 2020 this soy of things really shouldn't be happening, and where it does the authorities have to be more supportive

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54443676
[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 9:29]

And before the 'freez peech and cansil culchar' lot start:

Login to get fewer ads

Junior Flemings . on 09:52 - Oct 7 with 1525 viewsBlueBadger

Junior Flemings . on 09:49 - Oct 7 by Keno

he will probably say we should be bending over backwards to accommodate the homophobes

'If you don't listen to the Very Real Concerns of bigots it just makes them more bigoted. That's why I voted for them'
[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 9:52]

Junior Flemings . on 09:57 - Oct 7 with 1512 viewsDanTheMan

Absolutely.

The other guy comes off like a complete knob.

"They're competing. How long have you been playing soccer?"

Fúck off.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Junior Flemings . on 10:06 - Oct 7 with 1495 viewsBlueBadger

Junior Flemings . on 09:57 - Oct 7 by DanTheMan

Absolutely.

Fúck off.

Yeah, definite touch of 'the WArnocks' there.

Junior Flemings . on 10:16 - Oct 7 with 1483 viewssolomon

Junior Flemings . on 10:06 - Oct 7 by BlueBadger

Yeah, definite touch of 'the WArnocks' there.

You’d like to think that he too would receive some form of reprimand, I doubt it though.
Junior Flemings . on 10:26 - Oct 7 with 1468 viewsBlueBadger

Junior Flemings . on 10:16 - Oct 7 by solomon

You’d like to think that he too would receive some form of reprimand, I doubt it though.

See also: Liverpool's repeated indulgence of violent racist cheat, Luis Suarez.

Junior Flemings . on 10:57 - Oct 7 with 1439 viewsSwansea_Blue

Junior Flemings . on 09:57 - Oct 7 by DanTheMan

Absolutely.

Fúck off.

I thought that part of the exchange was a beut. This is Rick Schantz ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Schantz), for whom wiki suggests played for the Portland College team for 3 years (unspecified number of appearances), questioning the second most capped USA international about how long he's played the game.

A wonderful lack of awareness there of himself and others.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Junior Flemings . on 11:02 - Oct 7 with 1430 viewssolomon

Junior Flemings . on 10:26 - Oct 7 by BlueBadger

A man who’s bite was as worse as his bark
Junior Flemings . on 11:17 - Oct 7 with 1414 viewsSwansea_Blue

Junior Flemings . on 10:26 - Oct 7 by BlueBadger

He does have the best chant ever though:

His teeth are offside
His teeth are offside
Luis Suarez, his teeth are offside

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Junior Flemings . on 11:49 - Oct 7 with 1390 viewsKeno

Junior Flemings . on 11:17 - Oct 7 by Swansea_Blue

He does have the best chant ever though:

His teeth are offside
His teeth are offside
Luis Suarez, his teeth are offside

thats on a par with the Peter Shilton one

Although you have to give credit to the way Rangers fan showed their support for Andy Goram

Junior Flemings . on 12:02 - Oct 7 with 1369 viewsFarmerpiles

Seen any coverage of this in UK media? Nope. But CNN did cover it on their sports show which included a live interview with Landon Donovan and a contribution from former Mirror writer Darren Lewis who is now CNNs UK based football reporter, who made a big point of saying the lack of coverage by UK media outlets like sky sports and others was shamefull.
Junior Flemings . on 12:05 - Oct 7 with 1365 viewsKeno

Junior Flemings . on 12:02 - Oct 7 by Farmerpiles

Seen any coverage of this in UK media? Nope. But CNN did cover it on their sports show which included a live interview with Landon Donovan and a contribution from former Mirror writer Darren Lewis who is now CNNs UK based football reporter, who made a big point of saying the lack of coverage by UK media outlets like sky sports and others was shamefull.

eerrr.... there a BBC link in the thread

a quick google search shows links to Sky Sports and some cheap rag called the Daily Mail amongst others

Junior Flemings . on 12:19 - Oct 7 with 1351 viewsFarmerpiles

Junior Flemings . on 12:05 - Oct 7 by Keno

eerrr.... there a BBC link in the thread

a quick google search shows links to Sky Sports and some cheap rag called the Daily Mail amongst others

Well done you. What I was trying to say but obviously not v well was it should of had much wider media coverage then it did. Most footie fans were/are prob unaware of the importance of the story
Junior Flemings . on 12:23 - Oct 7 with 1334 viewsHerbivore

Junior Flemings . on 12:19 - Oct 7 by Farmerpiles

Well done you. What I was trying to say but obviously not v well was it should of had much wider media coverage then it did. Most footie fans were/are prob unaware of the importance of the story

The BBC and Sky are the two biggest media outlets when it comes to sport in the UK. What more coverage did you expect?

Junior Flemings . on 12:25 - Oct 7 with 1328 viewsKeno

errr...

the story broke last night, its in the biggest UK news media outlets and the a national newspaper

As most journalists are probably still in bed, they tend not to get up lunchtime at the earlier, you probably find it will start being picked up by other places later on.

For what its worth I hope it does a much wider coverage than its had

It was covered in depth on TalkSport too. (n/t) on 12:26 - Oct 7 with 1327 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Junior Flemings . on 12:26 - Oct 7 with 1327 viewsHerbivore

Junior Flemings . on 12:25 - Oct 7 by Keno

errr...

the story broke last night, its in the biggest UK news media outlets and the a national newspaper

As most journalists are probably still in bed, they tend not to get up lunchtime at the earlier, you probably find it will start being picked up by other places later on.

For what its worth I hope it does a much wider coverage than its had

It's the 6th story down on the BBC Sport landing page. It's hardly being ignored.

Junior Flemings . on 13:19 - Oct 7 with 1286 viewsBlueBadger

Junior Flemings . on 12:02 - Oct 7 by Farmerpiles

It's currently sitting on the BBC home page...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024