Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Bennetts came on 19:58 - Oct 10 with 1562 viewstractordownsouth

I was glad Lambert decided to put Judge in midfield when Bennetts came on as a sub. We have so many wide players now with Sears, Edwards, Lankester and Bennetts, on top of Dobra and El Mizouni, that playing Judge there really is a waste. And whilst we're light on numbers in the midfield at the moment, it's good that he can provide a bit of competition in there. He doesn't have the legs that Downes has, but his technical ability is still very good.

Also, as others have said, I think Chambers is better as a full back than in the middle.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

When Bennetts came on on 20:12 - Oct 10 with 1473 viewsbournemouthblue

He needs to develop into a central midfielder now his legs are gone

If he can do a similar job to Jay Tabb, that would be more than useful

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

When Bennetts came on on 20:15 - Oct 10 with 1445 viewsNthsuffolkblue

When Bennetts came on on 20:12 - Oct 10 by bournemouthblue

He needs to develop into a central midfielder now his legs are gone

If he can do a similar job to Jay Tabb, that would be more than useful

A stable lad?

EDIT: To clarify that, from Wikipedia: "On 13 March 2020, Tabb was interviewed during ITV Racing's coverage of the Cheltenham Festival when leading up one of Philip Hobbs' horses where he now works as a stable lad."
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 20:16]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

When Bennetts came on on 20:23 - Oct 10 with 1397 viewsSwansea_Blue

I thought Judge was a passenger, but what do I know.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When Bennetts came on on 20:27 - Oct 10 with 1375 viewstractordownsouth

When Bennetts came on on 20:23 - Oct 10 by Swansea_Blue

I thought Judge was a passenger, but what do I know.

He didn't have much impact today but the game was mostly won by that point. Was just thinking he can adapt to that role going forward.

When Bennetts came on on 20:30 - Oct 10 with 1343 viewsSwansea_Blue

When Bennetts came on on 20:27 - Oct 10 by tractordownsouth

He didn't have much impact today but the game was mostly won by that point. Was just thinking he can adapt to that role going forward.

Eh? He started. I thought he was quiet throughout.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When Bennetts came on on 20:44 - Oct 10 with 1285 viewstractordownsouth

When Bennetts came on on 20:30 - Oct 10 by Swansea_Blue

I meant when he moved into midfield the game was won

When Bennetts came on on 20:56 - Oct 10 with 1228 viewsclive_baker

Funny how different people read a game of football. I felt really confident with Judge in the middle, his decision making is on point and he’s tidy on the ball. Huws was sloppy in possession on too many occasions and I thought Judge brought a bit of stability and experience in there. I certainly didn’t see the evidence of his legs going, he worked his nuts off today and looked in great shape. He was still closing their centre backs down in the 90+ minute at 4-1 up. I don’t think he’s going to skin 3 players and crack one in like a Bishop or Edwards might, but he’s got a good engine and I thought he did very well today. Not seen the stats but I would imagine he covered more ground than most. I like his character in there too, up in refs face etc. We’re very meek as a side, especially when Downes and Ward are missing.

Bennetts looked off the pace, understandably. Lost possession on pretty much every occasion he had it I think.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

When Bennetts came on on 21:14 - Oct 10 with 1153 viewsbournemouthblue

When Bennetts came on on 20:30 - Oct 10 by Swansea_Blue

He's been quiet throughout his time at Town which you have to say is disappointing given the hype that attached his signing

Lambert seems to like him though, perhaps there could be a future for him in the middle of the park. He didn't do a lot today besides some commendable closing down, you can't fault his work rate.

Login to get fewer ads

When Bennetts came on on 21:18 - Oct 10 with 1122 viewsbournemouthblue

When Bennetts came on on 20:56 - Oct 10 by clive_baker

Funny how different people read a game of football. I felt really confident with Judge in the middle, his decision making is on point and he’s tidy on the ball. Huws was sloppy in possession on too many occasions and I thought Judge brought a bit of stability and experience in there. I certainly didn’t see the evidence of his legs going, he worked his nuts off today and looked in great shape. He was still closing their centre backs down in the 90+ minute at 4-1 up. I don’t think he’s going to skin 3 players and crack one in like a Bishop or Edwards might, but he’s got a good engine and I thought he did very well today. Not seen the stats but I would imagine he covered more ground than most. I like his character in there too, up in refs face etc. We’re very meek as a side, especially when Downes and Ward are missing.

Bennetts looked off the pace, understandably. Lost possession on pretty much every occasion he had it I think.

I don't disagree with that statement and that's why he should look to develop into a centre mid I'd suggest. Skusey isn't getting any younger and Downes is now out for a while. I assume McGavin is the next in line to come in with any more injuries appearing?

I felt Huws was a bit disappointing but can hopefully get back to the player we know he can be.

When Bennetts came on on 21:34 - Oct 10 with 1039 viewsITFC_96

Dobra is not a wide player or winger even though Lambert has shoehorned him into the role, much like Judge.

He plays in the 10 role for the U23s and did for the U18s also. In fact, his best contributions have been when he's central.
When Bennetts came on on 22:36 - Oct 10 with 857 viewsHerbivore

When Bennetts came on on 20:56 - Oct 10 by clive_baker

His work rate was good. That's about it though. He doesn't offer enough as a wide forward and I don't think he's as good centrally as the likes of Bishop. I'd have him in the bench to come on for Bishop currently, I don't see much of a case for starting him. Working hard should be a given rather than something worthy of praise.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024