Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 1 table after 6 games last season 19:14 - Oct 17 with 1612 viewsVic

Ipswich Town Played 6, GD 10, Pts 14
Lincoln City Played 6 GD 8, Pts 12
Blackpool Played 6. GD 5, Pts 12

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 19:19 - Oct 17 with 1537 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Blackpool fell away badly, eh...
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 19:19]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 19:33 - Oct 17 with 1460 viewsbazza

We played some cracking football last week, but aside from the two goals, looked really uncomfortable at times today, put under a lot of pressure by Accrington, so many times where we are knocking the ball back down field to holy, and knocking it about right outside our own box, bit risky at times.
League 1 table after 6 games last season on 19:47 - Oct 17 with 1400 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So we have 2 more points and 1 better goal difference. Lincoln have 3 more points and 3 worse goal difference. Hull have been very impressive since coming down but are actually very close to our record at this stage last season (1 pt better, 4 goals worse).

The big difference for me at the moment is that we are playing well as a team with consistent selection, system and tactics and developing effective partnerships all over the pitch.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 19:59 - Oct 17 with 1333 viewsVic

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 19:47 - Oct 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

So we have 2 more points and 1 better goal difference. Lincoln have 3 more points and 3 worse goal difference. Hull have been very impressive since coming down but are actually very close to our record at this stage last season (1 pt better, 4 goals worse).

The big difference for me at the moment is that we are playing well as a team with consistent selection, system and tactics and developing effective partnerships all over the pitch.

Indeed. Next 2 or 3 games will show us where we really are. And should we struggle a bit it will be interesting to see if we stick with the way we’re playing or start to chop and change again. Can’t really see PL doing that again so as long as we don’t lose confidence and can continue to find a way to score I expect us to be OK and not fall away like last year.

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 20:08 - Oct 17 with 1284 viewshoppy

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 19:47 - Oct 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

What was the goals for and against columns, rather than just the goal difference? The number of clean sheets we've had so far this season is a big positive for me.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 20:14 - Oct 17 with 1252 viewsVic

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 20:08 - Oct 17 by hoppy

What was the goals for and against columns, rather than just the goal difference? The number of clean sheets we've had so far this season is a big positive for me.

We had scored 6 at home, conceded 2 and scored 8 away with 2 against.

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 20:16 - Oct 17 with 1238 viewshoppy

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 20:14 - Oct 17 by Vic

We had scored 6 at home, conceded 2 and scored 8 away with 2 against.

So we've conceded half the amount of goals as we had after 6 games last year... and the number of goals from midfield must dwarf the number from midfield at this stage last season?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 20:38 - Oct 17 with 1185 viewsVic

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 20:16 - Oct 17 by hoppy

So we've conceded half the amount of goals as we had after 6 games last year... and the number of goals from midfield must dwarf the number from midfield at this stage last season?

Just checked last years table and had forgotten that after 15 games we were still top of the league with 33 pts, 25 for and only 10 against.

Login to get fewer ads

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 21:23 - Oct 17 with 1064 viewsEl_Fenix

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 20:38 - Oct 17 by Vic

Just checked last years table and had forgotten that after 15 games we were still top of the league with 33 pts, 25 for and only 10 against.

I want to forget the W1 D1 L6 run (4 points out of 24) that closed out the season ...

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 22:11 - Oct 17 with 921 viewsArnieM

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 19:19 - Oct 17 by Tangledupin_Blue

Blackpool fell away badly, eh...
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 19:19]

I think one of the main differences about Town this season, is we are this season finishing teams off with that 2nd goal. We rarely if ever achieved that last season.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 23:19 - Oct 17 with 785 viewsSarge

League 1 table after 6 games last season on 19:33 - Oct 17 by bazza

We played some cracking football last week, but aside from the two goals, looked really uncomfortable at times today, put under a lot of pressure by Accrington, so many times where we are knocking the ball back down field to holy, and knocking it about right outside our own box, bit risky at times.

They put us under pressure but at no point did I think we looked uncomfortable and I think that’s the difference between last season and this.
League 1 table after 6 games last season on 23:44 - Oct 17 with 730 viewsKropotkin123

Had we played the Bolton U12s by this point last season?

EDIT: Just checked. Bolton was our 5th league game. That and a terrible Shrewsbury side definitely made us look more prolific than we actually were.

They were 8 GD between them.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 23:51]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024