Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players worth the entrance fee on their own 10:41 - Nov 21 with 2408 viewsBluefish

Pablo
McGoldrick
Ambrose

Not just good players here we are talking players doing something special and completely different
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 10:46]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Players were the entrance fee on their own on 10:46 - Nov 21 with 2370 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Muhren.
Thijssen,
Mariner,
Robertson,
Etc, etc

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Players were the entrance fee on their own on 10:48 - Nov 21 with 2350 viewsBluefish

Players were the entrance fee on their own on 10:46 - Nov 21 by StochesStotasBlewe

Muhren.
Thijssen,
Mariner,
Robertson,
Etc, etc

Bloody boomers always have to ruin these threads with world class players. It is hard to take for us youngsters that we missed all of those glory days

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 10:52 - Nov 21 with 2336 viewsTrequartista

70s K.Beattie
80s D.Atkinson
90s B.Petta
00s P.Counago
10s J.Emmanuel-Thomas
20s G.Edwards

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 10:53 - Nov 21 with 2322 viewsgordon

My 'special and completely different' ITFC XI from my lifetime would be:

Forrest

Uhlenbeek Campo Baltacha Taricco

A Dozzell Juan

Dos Santos J Dozzell Petta

Pablo
Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 11:25 - Nov 21 with 2265 viewsStokieBlue

Reuser:

Just for the few seconds where he lines one up and utterly smashes it.

Dos Santos:

Mainly because at that time he was far too good for the division so was fun to watch.

Peralta:

Just fun to watch.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 11:46 - Nov 21 with 2235 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Very few players are ever consistently worth that and of your list McGoldrick is the closest to that.

However, for some seasons a Burley team or a Royle team would have fitted that bill. So would a John Lyall team without many stand out players. Steve Whitton and maybe Chris Kiwomya for a season might have been that. It is interesting the same managers did not always manage that and I would never want to watch some of Burley's teams' performances from the last season he was here again. Grimsby away especially.

Of course the current answer has to be Edwards although Dozzell has pushed him close in some matches.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 12:27 - Nov 21 with 2181 viewsAce_High1

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 11:25 - Nov 21 by StokieBlue

Reuser:

Just for the few seconds where he lines one up and utterly smashes it.

Dos Santos:

Mainly because at that time he was far too good for the division so was fun to watch.

Peralta:

Just fun to watch.

SB

Those would be my 3 as well.

Legends.
Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 12:29 - Nov 21 with 2179 viewsmonty_radio

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 10:52 - Nov 21 by Trequartista

70s K.Beattie
80s D.Atkinson
90s B.Petta
00s P.Counago
10s J.Emmanuel-Thomas
20s G.Edwards

No doubt that the Beat is the greatest Town player ever, but the "worth the entrance fee alone" for me signifies ball-playing trickery such as that Grealish flick this week. So I would say 60s Broadfoot/Hegan; 70s Woods 80s Thijssen. They weren't always the MotM, but they had it in them to make you gasp - as did the Beat actually through swashbuckling runs from time to time. After that Petta (though all too rarely).

Some of Mick's football got me up out of my seat too, but sadly not then to return to it quickly. And, at my age, this death-by-a-thousand-inconsequential-passes threatens to have me sleeping in my seat.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 13:09 - Nov 21 with 2131 viewsTrequartista

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 12:29 - Nov 21 by monty_radio

No doubt that the Beat is the greatest Town player ever, but the "worth the entrance fee alone" for me signifies ball-playing trickery such as that Grealish flick this week. So I would say 60s Broadfoot/Hegan; 70s Woods 80s Thijssen. They weren't always the MotM, but they had it in them to make you gasp - as did the Beat actually through swashbuckling runs from time to time. After that Petta (though all too rarely).

Some of Mick's football got me up out of my seat too, but sadly not then to return to it quickly. And, at my age, this death-by-a-thousand-inconsequential-passes threatens to have me sleeping in my seat.

Yes i've mostly gone with an attacking player that shone so brightly before fizzling out too quickly with most of my choices, but Beattie had that magic jump and power, so I went for him.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 13:22 - Nov 21 with 2096 viewsWickets

Pablo at home yes Pablo away no !
Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 13:25 - Nov 21 with 2075 viewsIllinoisblue

Post has been up a couple hours and NOBODY’S mentioned Gwion? Standards are slipping

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 13:27 - Nov 21 with 2070 viewsBluefish

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 13:25 - Nov 21 by Illinoisblue

Post has been up a couple hours and NOBODY’S mentioned Gwion? Standards are slipping

A couple have but no one at all takes that seriously

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 13:31 - Nov 21 with 2057 viewsIllinoisblue

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 13:27 - Nov 21 by Bluefish

He’s going to bag a brace today and all will be right with the world

62 - 78 - 81

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 13:32 - Nov 21 with 2049 viewsBluefish

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 13:31 - Nov 21 by Illinoisblue

He’s going to bag a brace today and all will be right with the world

Both miscontrols that beat the keeper?

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 13:36 - Nov 21 with 2034 viewsbluesym

Mark Stuart from the late 80's.Well,anyone who remembers his debut away to Watford when he scored twice might agree?!
Shocking every game after that mind!

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 13:40 - Nov 21 with 2023 viewsPJH

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 13:27 - Nov 21 by Bluefish

I certainly assumed that the mentions were meant as a joke.
Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 13:46 - Nov 21 with 2013 viewsstrikalite

In the last ten years?...I'm struggling here..
Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 14:34 - Nov 21 with 1959 viewsIllinoisblue

Players worth the entrance fee on their own on 13:32 - Nov 21 by Bluefish

Both miscontrols that beat the keeper?

Team news has scuppered all our bantz

62 - 78 - 81

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024