Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! 07:41 - Nov 28 with 976 viewsChrisd

Lambert: “They’re getting balls across the box, we’re getting good play around about the box”

11th in L1 for xG
13th in L1 for shots per game
16th in L1 for touches in box
18th in L1 for crosses
21st for % of play in opposition third

Those stats say it all, especially the last one...damning!
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 8:02]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 08:03 - Nov 28 with 895 viewsdavblue

He’s either lying through his teeth to protect the players or he’s so blind to what everyone else can see you have to question his judgement.

I genuinely don’t know what he’s trying to do, I suspect the former as we were hearing how well we were playing last year when we weren’t.

I suspect those stats would be the same for most of his time here, in the championship we were similar so it’s been going on a while. Tuesdays game reminded me of the Norwich away game we had the ball but didn’t look threatening at all.

If Evans can sit there, watching the games and think this is the man to take us into the Championship and keep us there then I have even more fear for our future then I had before. Lambert isn’t up to the job of getting us promoted then keeping us in the Championship, we might be in the top six but all isn’t right and the same lack of chances is repeating itself. Evans has to act now, I admire his patience but his lack of knowing the right time to pull the trigger worries me.
Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 08:05 - Nov 28 with 896 viewsHarry_Palmer

Shocking stats those and further evidence that any results we are picking up are in spite of Lambert, not because of him.

Its clear that we have a generally better squad than most in this division, imagine how good we could be if we had a Manager that could actually get the best out of them.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 8:06]
Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 08:17 - Nov 28 with 856 viewsChrisd

Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 08:03 - Nov 28 by davblue

He’s either lying through his teeth to protect the players or he’s so blind to what everyone else can see you have to question his judgement.

I genuinely don’t know what he’s trying to do, I suspect the former as we were hearing how well we were playing last year when we weren’t.

I suspect those stats would be the same for most of his time here, in the championship we were similar so it’s been going on a while. Tuesdays game reminded me of the Norwich away game we had the ball but didn’t look threatening at all.

If Evans can sit there, watching the games and think this is the man to take us into the Championship and keep us there then I have even more fear for our future then I had before. Lambert isn’t up to the job of getting us promoted then keeping us in the Championship, we might be in the top six but all isn’t right and the same lack of chances is repeating itself. Evans has to act now, I admire his patience but his lack of knowing the right time to pull the trigger worries me.

After suggestions that we should get in contact with the club about our thoughts regarding PL this week, perhaps just copying and pasting this tweet’s data from ITFC Analytics highlights that we won’t be getting promoted anytime soon under the guidance of PL?!
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 8:32]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 08:27 - Nov 28 with 823 viewsdavblue

Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 08:05 - Nov 28 by Harry_Palmer

Shocking stats those and further evidence that any results we are picking up are in spite of Lambert, not because of him.

Its clear that we have a generally better squad than most in this division, imagine how good we could be if we had a Manager that could actually get the best out of them.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 8:06]

A team that can put out Dozzell, Downes and Bishop should be a contender in this league.
Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 08:36 - Nov 28 with 811 viewsthebooks

That last stat says it all for me.

Beyond all the snippy interviews and sometimes odd choices/substitutions — which are all pretty much a symptom of not doing particularly well on the pitch — it’s this misconceived idea of playing some form of “possession” football that’s his real problem, and has been since day one.

How many times have we seen the ball go out to one of the defenders, only for them to struggle to string 4 passes among themselves and then bang it down the line. Might as well have Holy kick it into the corner to start with.

I just don’t think he understands how modern football really works, or what to do when you don’t have players like Kevin de Bruyne in your team.
Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 08:48 - Nov 28 with 772 viewsOsborneOneNil

I’ve just tweeted the OP to ME

Hopefully he’ll read that whilst eating his crumpets.
Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 08:50 - Nov 28 with 763 viewsScuzzer

What was the possession stat against Hull 63%.
Yet we got stuffed 3-0.
Possession means nothing in this game...especially when it is confined to your last third.

Established 1968

Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 08:50 - Nov 28 with 761 viewsIpswichKnight

Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 08:36 - Nov 28 by thebooks

That last stat says it all for me.

Beyond all the snippy interviews and sometimes odd choices/substitutions — which are all pretty much a symptom of not doing particularly well on the pitch — it’s this misconceived idea of playing some form of “possession” football that’s his real problem, and has been since day one.

How many times have we seen the ball go out to one of the defenders, only for them to struggle to string 4 passes among themselves and then bang it down the line. Might as well have Holy kick it into the corner to start with.

I just don’t think he understands how modern football really works, or what to do when you don’t have players like Kevin de Bruyne in your team.

No chance De Bruyne would get in ahead of Judge!
Login to get fewer ads

Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 09:20 - Nov 28 with 684 viewsThe_Realist_09

Charlton 19th for xG
Lincoln 20th for xG
Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 09:22 - Nov 28 with 677 viewsEwan_Oozami

Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 09:20 - Nov 28 by The_Realist_09

Charlton 19th for xG
Lincoln 20th for xG

Guaranteed 4-0 drubbing for us today then!
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 9:27]

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 09:23 - Nov 28 with 672 viewsunstableblue

Where did you get those stars?

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 09:31 - Nov 28 with 650 viewsThe_Realist_09

Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 09:22 - Nov 28 by Ewan_Oozami

Guaranteed 4-0 drubbing for us today then!
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 9:27]

Probably! Also, although Gwion Edwards may not always be pretty on the eye, he's statistically one of the better attacking players in the league. Tied 3rd for most direct goal contributions (goals + assists) and also up there for shots on target per 90. Seems a big loss atm.
Did we see this from ITFC Analytics?! on 09:41 - Nov 28 with 619 viewsGuthrum

Altho I would say that when we do turn it on, we can do those things well. Every game I've seen has had at least the odd burst of quality - good, rapid passing, carving through the opposition. Often creating decent opportunities.

Problem is, those are rare and isolated instances, far outweighed by the turgid passing backwards to defence and 'keeper, the aimless passing it around the back. That or we have not enough people in the box to have a chance of getting the ball into the net. Or a hesitant/misplaced/mishit pass causes the move to break down.

That's why I don't think all our players are inept. But they are weighed down by the style, this "feeding it out from the back", when the feeding does not actually happen enough or with sufficient energy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024