Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 2 20:07 - Dec 12 with 1318 viewsFrimleyBlue

Never thought I'd see town possibly heading that way. But if Evans is so drawn in my Lambert's long term plan this could be a reality

Summer could see us losing our better although currently injured players.
We are no longer a top club to join even less so with salary cap coming in as we don't have a history recently if developing players for the better

2021/22 could be a very scary season imo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

League 2 on 20:22 - Dec 12 with 1250 viewsRegencyBlue

Lamberts doing a poor job but Evans is the constant in our relentless decline over the last thirteen years. No manager has succeeded under him and none will.

This mess has been years in the making.
League 2 on 20:24 - Dec 12 with 1221 viewsJ2BLUE

Given how we seem to minimise all revenue streams and mismanage every aspect of the club the premier league one side in this area will soon be Peterborough. Notice I didn't say premier side as that's too painful to contemplate but the premier league one side.

We must organise before the summer. It's no good half the fan base renewing. We have got to make a stand before it's too late.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

League 2 on 20:28 - Dec 12 with 1197 viewsBlueBadger

League 2 on 20:22 - Dec 12 by RegencyBlue

Lamberts doing a poor job but Evans is the constant in our relentless decline over the last thirteen years. No manager has succeeded under him and none will.

I've said before and I'll say again. Evans is the reason we're in the third division. That Man is the reason we're staying here.
Or worse.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

League 2 on 20:30 - Dec 12 with 1177 viewsSouperJim

League 2 on 20:22 - Dec 12 by RegencyBlue

I am completely furious at what Evans has done to our club, but actually I don't agree with your post. A competent manager would get us out of this division, we have a lot of clout relative to where we are and even under the salary cap we'll be one of the more attractive propositions for players at this level.

The fact that we are currently a midtable league one side rather than a top league one side is firmly down to Lambert.

He should have gone in the summer and had we brought Warnock in when we had the chance, I absolutely guarantee we would be much higher than our current position of 17th in the form table.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

League 2 on 20:35 - Dec 12 with 1155 viewsTJS

League 2 on 20:24 - Dec 12 by J2BLUE

Given how we seem to minimise all revenue streams and mismanage every aspect of the club the premier league one side in this area will soon be Peterborough. Notice I didn't say premier side as that's too painful to contemplate but the premier league one side.

We must organise before the summer. It's no good half the fan base renewing. We have got to make a stand before it's too late.

The thing that terrifies me about the fanbase NOT renewing is this could play right into Evans' hands.
With only 8000 in the ground it would give him even more excuse to write us off as a permanent mid-table League One Side.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 20:36]
League 2 on 20:49 - Dec 12 with 1067 viewsTheBoyBlue

It's frightening, but the same patterns are repeating themselves, but at a lower level. In Evans time we started as amongst promotion favourites in the Championship, then promotion candidates, then outsiders, then mid-tablers before of course becoming relegation candidates and then of course relegation.

Scarily we seem to be doing the same in L1, but faster. Start of last season we promotion favourites, we're already just promotion candidates. With the salary cap coming in I think if we miss out on promotion this season we're going to skip the promotion outsiders bit and straight to mid-table. I genuinely expect that we'll be in L2 in the next 2-3 years unless something dramatically changes in the way this club is run and the way this team is managed. I don't even fear it. I EXPECT it.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

League 2 on 21:07 - Dec 12 with 998 viewsPendejo

Think of all the new grounds.... Bromley is quite handy for where I live... as are Dulwich and Cray Wanderers.

Heady days ahead!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

League 2 on 22:32 - Dec 12 with 792 viewsMelford

If we don't get promoted this season we are completely ***ked with this salary cap. It's sh!t or bust.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024