Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those who think football's gone soft 11:13 - Feb 16 with 736 viewsRadlett_blue

take a look at this "tackle" by Bobby Collins in the 1965 FA Cup Final.

At least the ref saw it as a foul!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

For those who think football's gone soft on 11:15 - Feb 16 with 710 viewsMetal_Hacker

Ouch......imagine the scenes today . Not just the tackle but the events afterwards - 22 man brawl (with handbags)

Poll: If it were one or the other

For those who think football's gone soft on 11:16 - Feb 16 with 702 viewsWD19

....Liverpool defender Gerry Byrne broke his collarbone early in the match but carried on as there were no substitutes. He was involved in the opening goal in extra time.....
For those who think football's gone soft on 11:16 - Feb 16 with 692 viewsStokieBlue

The bloke he did it on didn't even seem that bothered.

Sat up and looked around a bit before deciding to lay down.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

For those who think football's gone soft on 11:28 - Feb 16 with 624 viewsbluefunk

I liked the way he raised his arms in a "Why did you give a foul" gesture
For those who think football's gone soft on 11:30 - Feb 16 with 610 viewsHerbivore

Reminiscent of Loovens' challenge on David McGoldrick a few years back that he inexplicably didn't get sent off for.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

For those who think football's gone soft on 11:32 - Feb 16 with 605 viewsFixed_It

For those who think football's gone soft on 11:30 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

Reminiscent of Loovens' challenge on David McGoldrick a few years back that he inexplicably didn't get sent off for.

God yes - that still angers me when I think about it. WTF!
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 11:33]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

For those who think football's gone soft on 11:33 - Feb 16 with 599 viewsArnieM

The interesting bit about that footage of the tackle, is absence of any theatricals by the players .

There's no surrounding of the player who committed the foul, no pushing, shoving and surround of the ref... no rolling over and over and over ( you get the picture), but the player fouled.

YES football (PLAYERS ) have gone "soft". There's minimal honesty in the game anymore, and basically a lot of players are cheats.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

For those who think football's gone soft on 11:36 - Feb 16 with 583 viewsWeWereZombies

I see that as Collins running with the ball and the Liverpool player attempting to block him (but not having the momentum that Collins had). Hence Collins raising his arms and, probably, saying 'Why have you given the foul against me when it was me who was being obstructed?'

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

For those who think football's gone soft on 13:00 - Feb 16 with 508 viewsMattinLondon

For those who think football's gone soft on 11:33 - Feb 16 by ArnieM

The interesting bit about that footage of the tackle, is absence of any theatricals by the players .

There's no surrounding of the player who committed the foul, no pushing, shoving and surround of the ref... no rolling over and over and over ( you get the picture), but the player fouled.

YES football (PLAYERS ) have gone "soft". There's minimal honesty in the game anymore, and basically a lot of players are cheats.

Diving is cheating and the worst that can happen to that player is a yellow card - if he cons the ref they may get a penalty or free kick.

But that ‘tackle’ is still cheating, in fact it’s worse. It could easily have resulted in a broken leg etc.

Thankfully tackles like that are now a red card.
For those who think football's gone soft on 13:02 - Feb 16 with 499 viewsHerbivore

For those who think football's gone soft on 11:32 - Feb 16 by Fixed_It

God yes - that still angers me when I think about it. WTF!
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 11:33]

We were on good form at the time and Didz was like the Didz of old. That injury, which had nothing to do with him being fragile, put him out for 4 weeks and he never looked the same again thereafter and our form overall started to tail off. We should have beaten Wednesday out of sight that night anyway, the whole game left a sour taste really. That challenge from Loovens was practically an assault though.

For those who think football's gone soft on 13:14 - Feb 16 with 473 viewsurbanblue

The referee looks like Roger Kirkpatrick. An excellent referee and a real character. They don't make them like that any more.

Seems Roger Kirkpatrick passed away only in September RIP

https://ratetheref.createaforum.com/i-spy-old-refs!/roger-kirkpatrick-obituary/
For those who think football's gone soft on 13:15 - Feb 16 with 468 viewsRadlett_blue

For those who think football's gone soft on 13:02 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

We were on good form at the time and Didz was like the Didz of old. That injury, which had nothing to do with him being fragile, put him out for 4 weeks and he never looked the same again thereafter and our form overall started to tail off. We should have beaten Wednesday out of sight that night anyway, the whole game left a sour taste really. That challenge from Loovens was practically an assault though.

Ah yes, the game when the 6' 6" circus giant, who hadn't scored a goal for around 2 years, came on as sub & equalised in the 96th minute, presumably after a Town corner.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

For those who think football's gone soft on 13:40 - Feb 16 with 431 viewsHerbivore

For those who think football's gone soft on 13:15 - Feb 16 by Radlett_blue

Ah yes, the game when the 6' 6" circus giant, who hadn't scored a goal for around 2 years, came on as sub & equalised in the 96th minute, presumably after a Town corner.

I have a feeling Freddie might have given the ball away and they broke and scored through said giant, completely undeservedly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024