Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Take over. The future 15:02 - Feb 26 with 426 viewschrismakin

Lets be honest. With how football has changed it's really sht or bust time isnt it

This will either go very very well. Or it goes very wrong. Wither way it's a gamble a club like ours needs.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Take over. The future on 15:03 - Feb 26 with 395 viewsKieran_Knows

Champions League winners 2024/2025, I won't settle for anything less.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Take over. The future on 15:03 - Feb 26 with 385 viewswaveneyblue

Currently we are just plain sht, so I'm happy to go with the gamble
Take over. The future on 15:05 - Feb 26 with 354 viewsSwansea_Blue

In short, yep.

I'm worried we've missed the boat already. If we don't go up this year it will be even harder, which is why I'm confused about why Evans hasn't acted to protect what's left of his investment.

This may explain why (if true).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Take over. The future on 15:14 - Feb 26 with 312 viewsjayessess

If they're planning to make a profit on us, then they're going to have to do an outstanding job running the club.

Not impossible. They'd be getting a club with (now) no debt and enough (normal) revenue to get out of this division without much additional investment. If they get us cheap then getting up to the Championship might double their investment pretty quickly. Most of the playing staff are out of contract in the Summer, so they wouldn't be on the hook for too many massive liabilities. 30,000-seater stadium, potentially nearly that many supporters if we're on a good run.

Going beyond that? Fiendishly difficult.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Take over. The future on 15:19 - Feb 26 with 281 viewsSamWhiteUK

Take over. The future on 15:05 - Feb 26 by Swansea_Blue

In short, yep.

I'm worried we've missed the boat already. If we don't go up this year it will be even harder, which is why I'm confused about why Evans hasn't acted to protect what's left of his investment.

This may explain why (if true).

Will it be much harder? We probably won't lose that many players I would've thought (who'd take them?) and the salary cap has been scrapped
Take over. The future on 15:19 - Feb 26 with 282 viewsRegencyBlue

Agreed!

We were going nowhere under Evans, except the fourth division sooner rather than later, so taking a chance with new owners is the least worst option.

They need to bring in the right people to make it work but if they can do that there is finally some hope!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024