Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 Center Backs I hope Cook is aware of/looking at 21:35 - Jun 4 with 1757 viewswkj

These three are currently without a contract / loan

Jozo Simunovic (Celtic) - 26 and solid player for Croatia's youth teams - Played 75 games for Celtic over 5 years netting 5 times. At 6ft 3 with international experience and a winning pedigree - this may be out of our league. Though if we were to sign him it would be a phenomenal capture. He did leave Celtic after suffering a knee injury - so that may be a significant factor in where he goes next, though Turkish side Goztepe looks likely with Stuttgart and Augsburg both interested. Why League one level might be more realistic than seems for Simunovic, he has had a couple of moves break down over concerns for his knee and has not played for a year. Rehabilitating in L1 levels might just be what he needs - of course, the risk of his knee is a concern for any potential employer.

Ian Maatsen (Chelsea)
At just 19, Maatsen was ever present for Charlton last season, playing 43 and netting once. Playing on the left and highly unlikely to feature for his parent club, I wouldn't doubt many in L1 and even in the Championship will be making some calls about him. Although he is primarily a left back, he can play on the wing and in the centre. Certainly offers us more utility and flexibility, even if it is just a loan.

(Maatsen playing a blinder for Chelsea in the Crappybow cup)

Josh Knight joined Wycombe on loan from Leicester last season. Playing in 37 and netting once. At 6 1 and 23 years old, he might be a great fit in our back line. Both Leicester and Wycombe were happy with his development last year despite failing to stay up. If Knight was to go out again, one might think a promotion chasing side in League 1 might be a booster for the player, rather than a struggling championship team. Knight is familiar with League 1 having spent time on loan with Peterborough and looking fairly strong in his early development. It is a loan, and may be overly ambitious - though if Cook was interested enough you might see Ashton and the team capable of drafting up a loan deal.

[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 21:38]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

3 Center Backs I hope Cook is aware of/looking at on 21:40 - Jun 4 with 1683 viewsStokieBlue

Isn't it almost impossible for use to sign Simunovic with the post-Brexit rules?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

3 Center Backs I hope Cook is aware of/looking at on 21:41 - Jun 4 with 1667 viewswkj

3 Center Backs I hope Cook is aware of/looking at on 21:40 - Jun 4 by StokieBlue

Isn't it almost impossible for use to sign Simunovic with the post-Brexit rules?

SB

Does his 5 years playing in the UK have any effect? I really am not up to speed with the Brexit effect of footie in all honesty. Though i suspect you are probably correct.

Crybaby

3 Center Backs I hope Cook is aware of/looking at on 22:03 - Jun 4 with 1533 viewsleftback

Surprised we weren’t in for Whatmough - just signed for Wigan
3 Center Backs I hope Cook is aware of/looking at on 22:12 - Jun 4 with 1467 viewsHARRY10

Center Backs ?

do you mean centaurs, perhaps ?
3 Center Backs I hope Cook is aware of/looking at on 22:24 - Jun 4 with 1399 viewsKropotkin123

I'm not keen on loans being the basis of our team. Our rather we picked up our own players with the budget at our disposal.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

3 Center Backs I hope Cook is aware of/looking at on 22:28 - Jun 4 with 1374 viewswellsy700

Seeing the name ‘Knight’ reminds me of young Ben Knight. Wonder if Man City might think about sending him out on loan this coming season

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

3 Center Backs I hope Cook is aware of/looking at on 22:40 - Jun 4 with 1319 viewsMrTown

Never heard of the first player.

I though Ian Maateson was a diminutive left back, not a centre half?

I like Josh Knight, I think that is a good shout.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

3 Center Backs I hope Cook is aware of/looking at on 12:35 - Jun 5 with 986 viewswkj

3 Center Backs I hope Cook is aware of/looking at on 22:40 - Jun 4 by MrTown

Never heard of the first player.

I though Ian Maateson was a diminutive left back, not a centre half?

I like Josh Knight, I think that is a good shout.

Aiye, Maateson was a sneaky addition there, but he can place in the middle if need be and fairly well. If he had a bit more height I think he would end up being a better center back like Tyrone Mings changed in to.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

3 Center Backs I hope Cook is aware of/looking at on 12:58 - Jun 5 with 940 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

3 Center Backs I hope Cook is aware of/looking at on 22:03 - Jun 4 by leftback

Surprised we weren’t in for Whatmough - just signed for Wigan

Thats the interesting thing - we weren't !
someone mentioned previous injuries

I recon we may go for 1 loanee in each dept but surely they won't get sorted until aug.

But everything just got exciting!!!
3 Center Backs I hope Cook is aware of/looking at on 12:59 - Jun 5 with 925 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Dunkley
3 Center Backs I hope Cook is aware of/looking at on 13:55 - Jun 5 with 826 viewsParky

Cedric Kipré if we could lure him to League One.
3 Center Backs I hope Cook is aware of/looking at on 13:57 - Jun 5 with 808 viewsKieran_Knows

Dunkley and Kipre will be high on the list, I’m sure of that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024