Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for Phil 17:15 - Jun 15 with 1128 viewsOwainG1992

How important is it for us to actually get decent fees in like the one for Dozzell?
Might be a daft question but what sort of impact do you see it having on recruitment?
Ta.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Question for Phil on 17:45 - Jun 15 with 1039 viewschrismakin

Altho I'm not phil lol

Isnt it the simple case that any cash up front figures go straight into the % of turnover pot

So Dozzells transfer has basically given us 600k to add to player wage pot.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Question for Phil on 17:47 - Jun 15 with 1013 viewsGavTWTD

Question for Phil on 17:45 - Jun 15 by chrismakin

Altho I'm not phil lol

Isnt it the simple case that any cash up front figures go straight into the % of turnover pot

Shirley player sales aren't included in the % calculation and you can spend 100% of money gained from sales? I've no idea but that sounds mad.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Question for Phil on 17:49 - Jun 15 with 972 viewsSwansea_Blue

Altho I'm not phil lol

Although not all for this year due to amortisation (transfer fees are averaged out over the length of the contract).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Question for Phil on 17:49 - Jun 15 with 958 viewsfooters

Question for Phil on 17:47 - Jun 15 by GavTWTD

Shirley player sales aren't included in the % calculation and you can spend 100% of money gained from sales? I've no idea but that sounds mad.

makin maths put the notional value of ITFC at £2bn so think it's pretty ropey, tbf.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Question for Phil on 17:49 - Jun 15 with 957 viewspointofblue

Question for Phil on 17:47 - Jun 15 by GavTWTD

I think that's what chrismakin meant - the money will go into the pot increasing our income, meaning we have an extra £500k (if we've already spent £500k on Burns) to spend on transfer fees or wages.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 17:53]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Question for Phil on 17:49 - Jun 15 with 957 viewsSwansea_Blue

Altho I'm not phil lol

Although not all for this year due to amortisation (transfer fees are averaged out over the length of the contract).

Edit - although that might just be for purchases, not sure.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Question for Phil on 17:50 - Jun 15 with 942 viewsCotty

Question for Phil on 17:49 - Jun 15 by Swansea_Blue

One thing missing from our new backroom staff - a high profile accountant signing
Question for Phil on 17:56 - Jun 15 with 867 viewsPhilTWTD

Altho I'm not phil lol

Assume same. If I've read the situation correctly, fees we pay aren't included in the calculation.
Login to get fewer ads

Question for Phil on 17:59 - Jun 15 with 810 viewschrismakin

Question for Phil on 17:49 - Jun 15 by pointofblue

I think that's what chrismakin meant - the money will go into the pot increasing our income, meaning we have an extra £500k (if we've already spent £500k on Burns) to spend on transfer fees or wages.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 17:53]

Not as far as I'm aware. Our payments paid out on transfers dont actually effect anything its solely on what comes in where we basically take 60% off it and pop it in the salary pot. ( this Is based on all player sales where money is transferred. So say a player was being sold in installments. The 60% applies to each payment when received not the overall total figure of the transfer value agreed.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 18:00]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Question for Phil on 18:02 - Jun 15 with 754 viewspointofblue

Question for Phil on 17:59 - Jun 15 by chrismakin

Not as far as I'm aware. Our payments paid out on transfers dont actually effect anything its solely on what comes in where we basically take 60% off it and pop it in the salary pot. ( this Is based on all player sales where money is transferred. So say a player was being sold in installments. The 60% applies to each payment when received not the overall total figure of the transfer value agreed.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 18:00]

Ah I see - that makes sense.

Thanks for clarifying.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 18:02]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024