Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was looking at Pigott's goal reel 03:39 - Jul 14 with 1675 viewswkj

The lad has a touch of Stewart in some of his goals. He's not afraid to run at a defender with the ball either.

If he carries on like that, we've got a really good player in our midst.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 08:03 - Jul 14 with 1514 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Reminds me a lot of Brett Pitman watching that
Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 08:48 - Jul 14 with 1405 viewswkj

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 08:03 - Jul 14 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I didn't mind Pitman at all, he certainly came up big for us on a number of occasions.

Crybaby

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 09:18 - Jul 14 with 1331 viewsquad

He looks very confident and composed with his finishes. He'll do well.
Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 09:23 - Jul 14 with 1309 viewsPinewoodblue

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 08:03 - Jul 14 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Not much evidence that he can head the ball; wonder how good he is defending corners.

Good addition to the squad and should score enough to keep us all happy.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 10:15 - Jul 14 with 1240 viewswkj

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 09:23 - Jul 14 by Pinewoodblue

Not much evidence that he can head the ball; wonder how good he is defending corners.

Good addition to the squad and should score enough to keep us all happy.

There were a couple of headers on the reel. Oddly seems the way though that taller strikers don't score shed loads using their dome

Crybaby

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 10:52 - Jul 14 with 1124 viewsNthQldITFC

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 10:15 - Jul 14 by wkj

There were a couple of headers on the reel. Oddly seems the way though that taller strikers don't score shed loads using their dome

They really ought to. Crouch.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 10:56 - Jul 14 with 1106 viewsitfcjoe

I spoke to an AFCW fan yesterday and he seems to think that you could easily use Piggott as the 10 behind a main striker due to his attributes

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 10:58 - Jul 14 with 1091 viewsportmanking

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 10:56 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

I spoke to an AFCW fan yesterday and he seems to think that you could easily use Piggott as the 10 behind a main striker due to his attributes

Funny you say that, Cook's comments yesterday about sometimes needing two strikers on the pitch (but not in a 4-4-2) had me thinking that he envisaged either Norwood or Pigott being able to drop deep and link play. Pigott's stats suggest he is more than progressive enough with his forward passes to do so.
Login to get fewer ads

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 10:59 - Jul 14 with 1090 viewswkj

https://www.statbunker.com/players/getPlayerStats?player_id=44642

Gives a much more comprehensive look on how and where Pigott scores most of his goals.

Mostly from the 6-yard box on his right foot, but only 12 from his head, 5 from corners.

Crybaby

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 11:03 - Jul 14 with 1069 viewsitfcjoe

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 10:59 - Jul 14 by wkj

https://www.statbunker.com/players/getPlayerStats?player_id=44642

Gives a much more comprehensive look on how and where Pigott scores most of his goals.

Mostly from the 6-yard box on his right foot, but only 12 from his head, 5 from corners.

You see 67 goals in 250 appearances and it looks a bit - 'meh'......but then when you do minutes per goal it comes out at 192, so pretty good really....especially as it has seem to have taken him until he was 25 or so to really find himself as a player

EDIT - although how reliable is that site? His Gillingham spell where he started 4 games and was a used sub for 3 says he only played 151 minutes which seems insane
[Post edited 14 Jul 2021 11:04]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 11:05 - Jul 14 with 1054 viewswkj

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 11:03 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

You see 67 goals in 250 appearances and it looks a bit - 'meh'......but then when you do minutes per goal it comes out at 192, so pretty good really....especially as it has seem to have taken him until he was 25 or so to really find himself as a player

EDIT - although how reliable is that site? His Gillingham spell where he started 4 games and was a used sub for 3 says he only played 151 minutes which seems insane

Would his goals largely coming from the 6 yard box necessarily make him a #10? If you ask me he should be our leading striker playing high up and supported by someone else playing deeper.

Crybaby

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 11:37 - Jul 14 with 992 viewsLankHenners

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 11:03 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

Fbref (which uses data from StatBomb) has his mins played for Gills at 252 which seems more like it. Goals plus assists per 90 is at least 0.5 in 4 of the last 5 seasons as well which is very good.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 12:53 - Jul 14 with 879 viewshunters_headers

Thought he played a deeper role when he played against us at their ground, with a big target man playing further up!
Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 14:55 - Jul 14 with 789 viewsquad

I read somewhere that Norwood can also play as the 10, so maybe it will be the other way around? Good to know that even if we don't get Crooks we've still got a decent front line to start the season with.
Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 16:02 - Jul 14 with 710 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Was looking at Pigott's goal reel on 10:58 - Jul 14 by portmanking

Funny you say that, Cook's comments yesterday about sometimes needing two strikers on the pitch (but not in a 4-4-2) had me thinking that he envisaged either Norwood or Pigott being able to drop deep and link play. Pigott's stats suggest he is more than progressive enough with his forward passes to do so.

5-3-2

burley style?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024