Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bars on Saturday 13:42 - Jul 26 with 1664 viewsZx1988

Those of you who went on Saturday, how did you find the service in the bars?

I was in the Upper Pioneer and, save for the introduction of contactless payments, it was very much business as usual.

Tin of IPA slowly decanted into a plastic cup by a disinterested teenager who appeared to be being held there against her will, rather than choosing to undertake some paid work of a Saturday afternoon.

I'm hoping that maybe there have been some improvements made in the North Stand, on the basis that it is the location where there would be the greatest return on investment. There's no point in upgrading the technology if the same torturously slow processes are being followed.

On the assumption that issues with quantity/quality of staffing are Centreplate's rather than the club, I hope that the club have an eye on sacking off Centreplate as soon as the contract allows, and bringing bars/kisoks back in house.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 13:48]

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Bars on Saturday on 13:46 - Jul 26 with 1625 viewsSitfcB

All good in SBRL from what I saw but was obviously nowhere near as busy as it will be for the Morecambe game. 2 out of 3 bars open.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Bars on Saturday on 13:52 - Jul 26 with 1551 viewsjayessess

I'm not sure how much enthusiasm the club can guarantee from part-time youngsters doing repetitive work for minimum wage.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Bars on Saturday on 13:54 - Jul 26 with 1527 viewsZx1988

Bars on Saturday on 13:52 - Jul 26 by jayessess

I'm not sure how much enthusiasm the club can guarantee from part-time youngsters doing repetitive work for minimum wage.

I get the point that you're making. However, is it one of those cost/benefit situations?

You're always going to be fishing in a fairly restricted pool if you're offering three hours a fortnight at minimum wage, I get that.

Would it pay off for the club to offer a better hourly rate (say £10-£15 an hour) in the hope of getting better, more motivated staff?

Bars on Saturday on 13:58 - Jul 26 with 1490 viewshype313

Was pretty swift in SAF but that's obviously heavily caveated by the fact that it was very quiet.

Contactless will speed things up, would still love to see those pints being served from the bottom up.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Bars on Saturday on 13:59 - Jul 26 with 1468 viewsjayessess

Bars on Saturday on 13:54 - Jul 26 by Zx1988

I get the point that you're making. However, is it one of those cost/benefit situations?

You're always going to be fishing in a fairly restricted pool if you're offering three hours a fortnight at minimum wage, I get that.

Would it pay off for the club to offer a better hourly rate (say £10-£15 an hour) in the hope of getting better, more motivated staff?

I'd love to see us be a Living Wage employer just on principle ( https://www.livingwage.org.uk/). Would cost the club a pittance relative to the wage bill for playing staff and sends a great message about how a community club treats its community.

Apparently we'd only be the 2nd in the EFL to be LWF accredited too https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-real-living-wage-football-everton-liver

[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 14:06]

Bars on Saturday on 14:01 - Jul 26 with 1433 viewsZx1988

Bars on Saturday on 13:59 - Jul 26 by jayessess

I'd love to see us be a Living Wage employer just on principle ( https://www.livingwage.org.uk/). Would cost the club a pittance relative to the wage bill for playing staff and sends a great message about how a community club treats its community.

Apparently we'd only be the 2nd in the EFL to be LWF accredited too https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-real-living-wage-football-everton-liver

[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 14:06]

Not that I wish to provide a get-out for the club, but I suppose it's a question of who is responsible for paying the staff.

If it's Centerplate, I assume they're getting paid a lump sum by the club to provide catering services, so will be looking to do it as cheaply as possible in order to maximise their profit.

Bars on Saturday on 14:05 - Jul 26 with 1392 viewsjayessess

Bars on Saturday on 14:01 - Jul 26 by Zx1988

Not that I wish to provide a get-out for the club, but I suppose it's a question of who is responsible for paying the staff.

If it's Centerplate, I assume they're getting paid a lump sum by the club to provide catering services, so will be looking to do it as cheaply as possible in order to maximise their profit.

It is the kind of thing you can negotiate with the suppliers, even when you outsource. I worked with a campaign at the University of London where the employer said similar for a long time, right up until the union started organising strikes and suddenly management decided they had some control over the contractor after all!

Bars on Saturday on 14:35 - Jul 26 with 1259 viewsBryanPlug

Bars on Saturday on 13:52 - Jul 26 by jayessess

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Bars on Saturday on 17:46 - Jul 26 with 915 viewsGiant_Midget

Have the beers on offer changed?
Bars on Saturday on 18:32 - Jul 26 with 817 viewshoppy

Bars on Saturday on 17:46 - Jul 26 by Giant_Midget

Have the beers on offer changed?

Presumably because of the low numbers in attendance, the cask ale bar at the back of the West Stand wasn't open... so there was an option of GK IPA from a can, so I had one of those pre-match... I didn't bother leaving my seat at half time.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Bars on Saturday on 18:46 - Jul 26 with 757 viewsstrikalite

Bars on Saturday on 13:58 - Jul 26 by hype313

Was pretty swift in SAF but that's obviously heavily caveated by the fact that it was very quiet.

Contactless will speed things up, would still love to see those pints being served from the bottom up.

Dealing with cash wasn't the real issue, pouring pints that take forever is...but they can't work that one out sadly..
Bars on Saturday on 18:53 - Jul 26 with 725 viewsHipsterectomy

I’ve missed being at PR when you have 3 people in front of you and then some guy tells the guy currently ordering to add another 6 pints to the order

You know who you are

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024