Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil- question RE comms from the club 11:21 - Jul 26 with 4577 viewsBlueandTruesince82

If you are able...

With the last couple of transfers they have appeared on news outlets just prior to the deals being confirmed...presumably because the club have said to you and the EADT yes you can run that now?

Is that likely the case going forward

Seeing Chaplin and Edmundson today I'm curious as to what remains speculation and what doesn't?

Edmondson being reported as close so is that coming from the club? Where as Chaplin just being reported as intetest presumably as its coming out of outlets locally?

Is that fair or am I reading too much between the lines

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 11:32 - Jul 26 with 4058 viewsSteve_M

It also depends very much on the other side of the deal, clearly the Edmundson link surfaced in Glasgow. And obviously Paul Warne was telling the world about our interest.

No reason for Phil not to report on the links there, whether he chooses to withhold anything he has heard from this end might be a different matter.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 11:50 - Jul 26 with 3852 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 11:32 - Jul 26 by Steve_M

It also depends very much on the other side of the deal, clearly the Edmundson link surfaced in Glasgow. And obviously Paul Warne was telling the world about our interest.

No reason for Phil not to report on the links there, whether he chooses to withhold anything he has heard from this end might be a different matter.

Indeed the interest came out ot Glasgow but with EADT now reporting it as close I'm tyring to get a sense of has the club said yeah he is run it (as they seem to be extending that courtesy to local press before announcing) or not.

As I say reports of interest are one thing that come from the rumor mill but reports of deals being almost done seem to be coming from the club and not as leaks.

Hence my question, how are the club choosing to communicate and can we garden we anything from the nature of certain stories....or are we just passing in the wind still?

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 12:28 - Jul 26 with 3540 viewsPinewoodblue

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 11:50 - Jul 26 by BlueandTruesince82

Indeed the interest came out ot Glasgow but with EADT now reporting it as close I'm tyring to get a sense of has the club said yeah he is run it (as they seem to be extending that courtesy to local press before announcing) or not.

As I say reports of interest are one thing that come from the rumor mill but reports of deals being almost done seem to be coming from the club and not as leaks.

Hence my question, how are the club choosing to communicate and can we garden we anything from the nature of certain stories....or are we just passing in the wind still?

Do you seriously expect an answer?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 12:36 - Jul 26 with 3409 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 12:28 - Jul 26 by Pinewoodblue

I don't expect anything but I if I don't ask I won't get one will I.

I'm just trying to understand the clubs approach to comms with the locals pressumder the new regime. Don't see anything wrong with asking that.

If Phil doesn't feel he can answer that's fair.

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 12:42 - Jul 26 with 3339 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 12:28 - Jul 26 by Pinewoodblue

To be fair, I didn't expect an answer to your post, but you still got one.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 13:00 - Jul 26 with 3118 viewsKropotkin123

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 12:36 - Jul 26 by BlueandTruesince82

I'm just trying to understand the clubs approach to comms with the locals pressumder the new regime. Don't see anything wrong with asking that.

It might be more that the club is closing ranks on who knows what and then press releases being given.

Like you say though, no harm in asking what the set up is and Phil can answer as much as he's willing or allowed.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 14:25 - Jul 26 with 2765 viewsRozz

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 12:36 - Jul 26 by BlueandTruesince82

Stuart Watson replied on twitter to a similar question. He said "it is never a question of having permission from the club".

I think it's likely there's an unwritten gentlemen's agreement that news, particularly about player talks / contracts isn't published unless it's been leaked or reported elsewhere. It is in local news' interest that their content doesn't damage the efforts of the club.

I don't think for a second that the club would be controlling the stream of news, officially or unofficially. There was some cracking investigative journalism done in the last 12 months on ITFC, and I think Ashton's comments are more a reminder that not every insider story is sympathetic moving forward to the efforts of our new management. He's doing OK so far!
Phil- question RE comms from the club on 14:32 - Jul 26 with 2699 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:10 - Jul 26 with 2556 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 14:25 - Jul 26 by Rozz

Stuart Watson replied on twitter to a similar question. He said "it is never a question of having permission from the club".

I think it's likely there's an unwritten gentlemen's agreement that news, particularly about player talks / contracts isn't published unless it's been leaked or reported elsewhere. It is in local news' interest that their content doesn't damage the efforts of the club.

I don't think for a second that the club would be controlling the stream of news, officially or unofficially. There was some cracking investigative journalism done in the last 12 months on ITFC, and I think Ashton's comments are more a reminder that not every insider story is sympathetic moving forward to the efforts of our new management. He's doing OK so far!

This is one of the things I'm wondering about.

That perhaps the club has said come to.us 1st and if we ask keep it under your hat but we will give TWTD and EADT the wink to break anything before we announce so you get the story....just curious as to how Ashton is operating really

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:14 - Jul 26 with 2504 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:10 - Jul 26 by BlueandTruesince82

This is one of the things I'm wondering about.

That perhaps the club has said come to.us 1st and if we ask keep it under your hat but we will give TWTD and EADT the wink to break anything before we announce so you get the story....just curious as to how Ashton is operating really

That is essentially how they want it to work, it appears. Think it needs some finessing from how it is at present.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:14 - Jul 26 with 2494 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 14:32 - Jul 26 by BryanPlug

Christ you’re such a drama Queen

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:30 - Jul 26 with 2386 viewsSitfcB

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 14:25 - Jul 26 by Rozz

He gave an ‘ahem’ to someone! I thought Phil had that copyrighted.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:38 - Jul 26 with 2287 viewsRozz

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:30 - Jul 26 by SitfcB

Original tweet has been deleted. An ahem is a red card and early bath.
Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:39 - Jul 26 with 2285 viewsHipsterectomy

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:14 - Jul 26 by PhilTWTD

That is essentially how they want it to work, it appears. Think it needs some finessing from how it is at present.

Do you have an opinon on it? I can see why they would appreciate this, you/them/us are all in this together and if you can help the club by not announcing signing speculation then we all potentially benefit...unlike the days of Magilton/Keane/Jewell when players would seemingly go to us for a medical and then turn around and drive to another club to sign for them

But in terms of being an independent website, having contacts and reliable sources and needing website traffic, it must be a bit annoying to sit on things
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 15:40]

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:39 - Jul 26 with 2276 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Cheers Phil... ... can we have a TWTD codeword in all stories where the club have doffed the cap so we know its more than rumor.... I'm sure you can slip an antidisenstablismentariansim into a story with no probs just to let us know right?

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:40 - Jul 26 with 2252 viewsMullet

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:30 - Jul 26 by SitfcB

Clearly Phil actually is Watson. Like Clark Kent and Clark Kent innit.

Also, neither broke Edmundson this side of the border. Someone really awesome did, but was that credited? No it was not.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:44 - Jul 26 with 2191 viewsSitfcB

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:38 - Jul 26 by Rozz

Original tweet has been deleted. An ahem is a red card and early bath.

Assume the original tweet was the tweeter giving credit to someone else as the source for the story

COYB

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:46 - Jul 26 with 2160 viewsSitfcB

Because the Archant lot keep jumping the gun and claiming exclusivity?

A time needs to be agreed between everyone really.

COYB

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:47 - Jul 26 with 2147 viewsSitfcB

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:40 - Jul 26 by Mullet

Clearly Phil actually is Watson. Like Clark Kent and Clark Kent innit.

Also, neither broke Edmundson this side of the border. Someone really awesome did, but was that credited? No it was not.

Was it Makin?

COYB

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:53 - Jul 26 with 2065 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:46 - Jul 26 by SitfcB

Because the Archant lot keep jumping the gun and claiming exclusivity?

A time needs to be agreed between everyone really.

Not quite that, although that is a little galling when you've sat on a story for about seven hours, in the case of the Fraser deal. More that club needs to be a bit more co-ordinated, I made them aware that I knew about Chaplin last night and hadn't heard what the situation was before it was reported elsewhere, I'm told having been run past them.

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:55 - Jul 26 with 2029 viewsFunge

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 11:32 - Jul 26 by Steve_M

Ere, Steve, how much of that was down to Warne being a budgie pr1ck, do you think?
Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:57 - Jul 26 with 1988 viewsSteve_M

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:55 - Jul 26 by Funge

Ere, Steve, how much of that was down to Warne being a budgie pr1ck, do you think?

Probably secondary to maximising the sale value, but let's assume a lot anyway.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 16:10 - Jul 26 with 1854 viewsBryanPlug

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:14 - Jul 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Christ you’re such a drama Queen

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 16:56 - Jul 26 with 1623 viewsBloomBlue

Religious Education comms from the club I've not seen any is that why we're trying to bring this Chaplin in?
Phil- question RE comms from the club on 16:59 - Jul 26 with 1590 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Phil- question RE comms from the club on 15:53 - Jul 26 by PhilTWTD

Not quite that, although that is a little galling when you've sat on a story for about seven hours, in the case of the Fraser deal. More that club needs to be a bit more co-ordinated, I made them aware that I knew about Chaplin last night and hadn't heard what the situation was before it was reported elsewhere, I'm told having been run past them.

We know you had it 1st Phil. TWTD always my 1st port of call.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024