Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Window 08:29 - Aug 24 with 1081 viewsMetal_Hacker

Anyone think it's finished for us as in recruiting players in ?

Defensive midfielder perhaps ? Number 2 shirt still I believe available ?

Players going out - sold , on loan ? Kenlock , Jackson etc ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Transfer Window on 08:45 - Aug 24 with 1024 viewsjayessess

Increasingly coming round to the idea that none of our DM are actually that brilliant at breaking up play or recovering second balls, but not sure Cook's on the same page.

We'll surely be scrabbling around looking for something for Kenlock, Jackson and McGavin. I wonder if El Mizouni's also on that list too (suppose that depends on the DM or Nolan). Jackson is a strange one at the moment, actually. We've no idea how long to expect Norwood to be out for and we clearly need a 3rd striker, but I don't know if we have room for 4 strikers on the squad list. So who knows on that one...

Think a RB is off the table at the minute.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Transfer Window on 08:53 - Aug 24 with 982 viewsArnieM

Transfer Window on 08:45 - Aug 24 by jayessess

Increasingly coming round to the idea that none of our DM are actually that brilliant at breaking up play or recovering second balls, but not sure Cook's on the same page.

We'll surely be scrabbling around looking for something for Kenlock, Jackson and McGavin. I wonder if El Mizouni's also on that list too (suppose that depends on the DM or Nolan). Jackson is a strange one at the moment, actually. We've no idea how long to expect Norwood to be out for and we clearly need a 3rd striker, but I don't know if we have room for 4 strikers on the squad list. So who knows on that one...

Great synopsis of situation there 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Transfer Window on 08:57 - Aug 24 with 959 viewsMetal_Hacker

Transfer Window on 08:45 - Aug 24 by jayessess

I think there might be a surprise lined up and just a hunch but perhaps based on what I would like to see probably (ie defensive midfielder - ball winner) . Like yourself I think PC is on a different page as well in terms of the issue I believe we have in midfield and has been there for all to see . Harper and Evans for the most have shown what they are capable of , Harper for sure has but we've also shown frailties in that area in terms of how easily we're broken down and how much room those two have to cover. Not sure what the answer is BUT I'd like to see someone just sit there and break up the play before it hits our back four

As for Jackson ,yeah a strange one with Norwood being injured etc

Transfer Window on 09:06 - Aug 24 with 917 viewsChrisd

Transfer Window on 08:57 - Aug 24 by Metal_Hacker

I think there might be a surprise lined up and just a hunch but perhaps based on what I would like to see probably (ie defensive midfielder - ball winner) . Like yourself I think PC is on a different page as well in terms of the issue I believe we have in midfield and has been there for all to see . Harper and Evans for the most have shown what they are capable of , Harper for sure has but we've also shown frailties in that area in terms of how easily we're broken down and how much room those two have to cover. Not sure what the answer is BUT I'd like to see someone just sit there and break up the play before it hits our back four

As for Jackson ,yeah a strange one with Norwood being injured etc

Over recent games it has highlighted that we need that defensive shield of a midfielder to add protection to the defence. If we aren't able to get anyone in before the transfer window closes then PC needs to instruct/coach that if one of Evans or Harper goes then the other needs to stay, you can't both go marauding up the pitch leaving us defensively exposed.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Transfer Window on 09:08 - Aug 24 with 910 viewschicoazul

Both loan slots to be filled - a defender and a CM.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Transfer Window on 09:15 - Aug 24 with 888 viewsWD19

Transfer Window on 09:08 - Aug 24 by chicoazul

We have already got a 'problem' in that we will struggle to accommodate Evans, Harper and Carroll......so I cant see us going big on another CM now.

I haven't properly done the maths, but I think with Carroll we realistically have max 1 slot available within the squad guidelines......so we may well be done now unless a crash hot loan Striker or RB opportunity becomes available.
Transfer Window on 09:16 - Aug 24 with 875 viewsMetal_Hacker

Transfer Window on 09:06 - Aug 24 by Chrisd

Over recent games it has highlighted that we need that defensive shield of a midfielder to add protection to the defence. If we aren't able to get anyone in before the transfer window closes then PC needs to instruct/coach that if one of Evans or Harper goes then the other needs to stay, you can't both go marauding up the pitch leaving us defensively exposed.

Totally agree

Transfer Window on 09:17 - Aug 24 with 856 viewsStirlingArcher

Transfer Window on 09:08 - Aug 24 by chicoazul

Kante confirmed?
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Window on 09:23 - Aug 24 with 813 viewsPinewoodblue

Unless we make an announcement concerning captaincy think it reasonable to assume another signing is possible.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Transfer Window on 09:23 - Aug 24 with 808 viewsjayessess

Transfer Window on 09:15 - Aug 24 by WD19

We have already got a 'problem' in that we will struggle to accommodate Evans, Harper and Carroll......so I cant see us going big on another CM now.

I haven't properly done the maths, but I think with Carroll we realistically have max 1 slot available within the squad guidelines......so we may well be done now unless a crash hot loan Striker or RB opportunity becomes available.

Senior outfielders, at present:

FBs: Penney, Coulson, KVY, Donacien (4)
CBs: Ed, Woolf, Burgess, Nsiala (4)
CMs: Harper, Evans, Carroll, Nolan (4)
AMs: Fraser, Chaplin, Edwards, Burns, Aluko (5)
FWs: Bonne, Pigott, Norwood, Jackson (4)
Total: 21

We had a rather unclear discussion a while back as to whether 20 or 22 was the limit for senior outfielders. If it's 22 we'd could accommodate one more CM, but tricky because what do you tell them about first team opportunities? If it's 20, we'll have to move someone on.

Transfer Window on 09:26 - Aug 24 with 787 viewschicoazul

Transfer Window on 09:23 - Aug 24 by jayessess

Senior outfielders, at present:

FBs: Penney, Coulson, KVY, Donacien (4)
CBs: Ed, Woolf, Burgess, Nsiala (4)
CMs: Harper, Evans, Carroll, Nolan (4)
AMs: Fraser, Chaplin, Edwards, Burns, Aluko (5)
FWs: Bonne, Pigott, Norwood, Jackson (4)
Total: 21

We had a rather unclear discussion a while back as to whether 20 or 22 was the limit for senior outfielders. If it's 22 we'd could accommodate one more CM, but tricky because what do you tell them about first team opportunities? If it's 20, we'll have to move someone on.

Jackson will go soon. Even if it’s just back to the U23s. We only have 2 fit CB plus Janoi; Evans and Harper are struggling at the mo.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Transfer Window on 09:37 - Aug 24 with 735 viewsjayessess

Transfer Window on 09:26 - Aug 24 by chicoazul

Jackson will go soon. Even if it’s just back to the U23s. We only have 2 fit CB plus Janoi; Evans and Harper are struggling at the mo.

We do only have 2 fit CBs plus Janoi, but Edmundson and Nsiala are still going to have to go in the squad list, aren't they? I don't ultimately think we can accommodate 5 senior centre backs.

You can find space for an extra midfielder by binning Nolan and if we can, we should.

Transfer Window on 09:41 - Aug 24 with 713 viewschicoazul

Transfer Window on 09:37 - Aug 24 by jayessess

We do only have 2 fit CBs plus Janoi, but Edmundson and Nsiala are still going to have to go in the squad list, aren't they? I don't ultimately think we can accommodate 5 senior centre backs.

You can find space for an extra midfielder by binning Nolan and if we can, we should.

Given their new mad policy of refusing to discuss injuries it may well be Toto Norwood and Nolan are out for another 4 months!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024