Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this 09:33 - Sep 25 with 1443 viewsunstableblue

On the morning the Express states “Boris Loses His Patience” in their Pravda stylee (do they mean Boris is losing patience with himself?!? And his stupid Brexit lie

It’s worth watching the below. Just because some MPs pandered to their electorate who had been brainwashed by the media about the EU… it doesn’t mean they should have done..

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 10:04 - Sep 25 with 1364 viewsDarth_Koont

I’m a long way from Clarke on a lot of matters but nice to see a politician of substance and seriousness calling stuff out.

And the underlying point is that there is no “will of the people” if the people have been misinformed and misled. The “will of the people” in a representative democracy demands politicians taking positions based on truths not lies. As he alludes to, dodging that responsibility is the biggest betrayal of all.

And that brings us to where we are today, even after the sh/tshow of Brexit. With far, far too many unserious, unprincipled chancers on both sides of the house, whose only reality is the political bubble and whose only responsibility is to themselves.

Pronouns: He/Him

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 11:14 - Sep 25 with 1253 viewsRyorry

Who's the old fogey behind him on his right (hand on face, not the yellow-tie one) looking distinctly unimpressed?

I really miss KC, he was always too good for the Tories.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 11:15 - Sep 25 with 1238 viewsleitrimblue

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 10:04 - Sep 25 by Darth_Koont

I’m a long way from Clarke on a lot of matters but nice to see a politician of substance and seriousness calling stuff out.

And the underlying point is that there is no “will of the people” if the people have been misinformed and misled. The “will of the people” in a representative democracy demands politicians taking positions based on truths not lies. As he alludes to, dodging that responsibility is the biggest betrayal of all.

And that brings us to where we are today, even after the sh/tshow of Brexit. With far, far too many unserious, unprincipled chancers on both sides of the house, whose only reality is the political bubble and whose only responsibility is to themselves.

I met Ken about 20 years back, was an absolute gentleman
Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 11:21 - Sep 25 with 1217 viewsunstableblue

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 10:04 - Sep 25 by Darth_Koont

All the Tory MPs of stature and quality, and principle, were remain…

They all got swept out of government… apart from Lizz Truss… but she wasn’t any good anyway!!

We’re all seeing the consequences of Brexit now… but this lowering of standards in government may be one of the really damaging factors to UK PLC

Need centrist parties in power

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 11:30 - Sep 25 with 1167 viewsDarth_Koont

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 11:21 - Sep 25 by unstableblue

All the Tory MPs of stature and quality, and principle, were remain…

They all got swept out of government… apart from Lizz Truss… but she wasn’t any good anyway!!

We’re all seeing the consequences of Brexit now… but this lowering of standards in government may be one of the really damaging factors to UK PLC

Need centrist parties in power

You had me up until the last line. Centre-right Tories maybe, but the current centre-right Labour are as bad as Johnson et al when it comes to responsibility and seriousness.

It would be nice to see more politicians of principle and character, which would pitch the Tories on the centre-right and the opposition on the centre-left. All to encourage the politics of objectivity and balance. The steady slide right chasing swing voters helps no-one.

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 11:41 - Sep 25 with 1141 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 11:14 - Sep 25 by Ryorry

Who's the old fogey behind him on his right (hand on face, not the yellow-tie one) looking distinctly unimpressed?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Swayne

One of the Brexiteers but not quite as rabid as Cash, Francois (you don't see much of him these days) and their mob, or the "we still have each other" duo of Bone and Hollobone.
Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 11:52 - Sep 25 with 1101 viewsRyorry

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 11:41 - Sep 25 by ArnoldMoorhen

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Swayne

One of the Brexiteers but not quite as rabid as Cash, Francois (you don't see much of him these days) and their mob, or the "we still have each other" duo of Bone and Hollobone.

Ah, thanks, and for the link. What a thoroughly unpleasant specimen.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 11:55 - Sep 25 with 1083 viewsLord_Lucan

I like Kenneth, always have done, but he is just expressing an opinion.

I gotta say.

The fecking drivel that comes out of all the so called remainers is so fecking off the scale. It's childish. Ridiculous.

Grow up and move on for Christ sake - it actually isn't the end of the world.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 12:13 - Sep 25 with 1045 viewsDarth_Koont

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 11:55 - Sep 25 by Lord_Lucan

I gotta say.

The fecking drivel that comes out of all the so called remainers is so fecking off the scale. It's childish. Ridiculous.

Bit more than an opinion. Forget Brexit, it’s a point about democratic standards and a much bigger and ongoing picture of failure.

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 12:50 - Sep 25 with 936 viewsLord_Lucan

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 12:13 - Sep 25 by Darth_Koont

Bit more than an opinion. Forget Brexit, it’s a point about democratic standards and a much bigger and ongoing picture of failure.

I've said it before Darth and I'll say it again, I think you are the sort of person I would like to have a pint with. You seem to have a lot of spunk about you and I like a man with a lot of spunk.

Although, if you don't mind me saying. You seem rather entrenched in things, you don't seem to have the ability to reason.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 12:55 - Sep 25 with 902 viewsDarth_Koont

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 12:50 - Sep 25 by Lord_Lucan

I've said it before Darth and I'll say it again, I think you are the sort of person I would like to have a pint with. You seem to have a lot of spunk about you and I like a man with a lot of spunk.

Although, if you don't mind me saying. You seem rather entrenched in things, you don't seem to have the ability to reason.

And I like you too.

But you seem to get way too agitated, ironically enough, when people aren’t as indifferent as you.

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 13:30 - Sep 25 with 801 viewsChurchman

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 11:14 - Sep 25 by Ryorry

I don’t know much about Clarke, other than his obvious views, but I do know a bit about David Gauke, who comments beneath the pic. He worked on the Treasury in various roles (Exchequer secretary etc) and is actually a really nice bloke as well as a follower of ITFC. He was very good at his job too - no wonder they ditched him!
Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 14:49 - Sep 25 with 701 viewseireblue

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 11:55 - Sep 25 by Lord_Lucan

I gotta say.

Using an appeal to exaggeration, whilst telling people to grow up, bravo.
Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 14:57 - Sep 25 with 665 viewsLord_Lucan

Kenneth Clark… worth looking back at this on 14:49 - Sep 25 by eireblue

Using an appeal to exaggeration, whilst telling people to grow up, bravo.

Thanks Eire.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024