Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Expectations are getting carried away again 18:37 - Sep 28 with 834 viewsTooManyCooks

I've seen lots of people say a convincing win is a must tonight, as if we are so much better than Doncaster that the result is a foregone conclusion.

Quick reminders:

1) Doncaster are only 3 points off our tally
2) We will have yet another team starting a game together for the first time
3) We are still nowhere near a cohesive unit

Just saying, this is not a formality, by any stretch.

hedgehog flavoured cucumbers

Expectations are getting carried away again on 18:43 - Sep 28 with 792 viewsMullet

But it should be, so they're correct.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Expectations are getting carried away again on 18:43 - Sep 28 with 789 viewsMetal_Hacker

Expectations are getting carried away again on 18:43 - Sep 28 by Mullet

But it should be, so they're correct.

This !

Poll: If it were one or the other

Expectations are getting carried away again on 18:49 - Sep 28 with 752 viewsBlueBadger

We have an expensively assembled squad of allegedly Championship standard players. I don't think it's overly entitled to express the view that a failure to beat the bottom placed side in the third division might be disappointing.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 19:18]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Expectations are getting carried away again on 18:55 - Sep 28 with 706 viewsKeaneish

Expectations are getting carried away again on 18:49 - Sep 28 by BlueBadger

We have an expensively assembled squad of allegedly Championship standard players. I don't think it's overly entitled to express the view that a failure to beat the bottom placed side in the third division might be disappointing.

League One

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Expectations are getting carried away again (n/t) on 19:04 - Sep 28 with 664 viewsBlueBadger

Expectations are getting carried away again on 18:49 - Sep 28 by BlueBadger

[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 19:05]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Expectations are getting carried away again on 19:05 - Sep 28 with 654 viewsBlueBadger

Expectations are getting carried away again on 18:55 - Sep 28 by Keaneish

League One

You can call it whatever w@nky brand name you like, it's still the third division.

Although the football is better and the match day experience has been EXQUISITE the last two seasons.

Expectations are getting carried away again on 19:11 - Sep 28 with 627 viewsKeaneish

Expectations are getting carried away again on 19:05 - Sep 28 by BlueBadger

You can call it whatever w@nky brand name you like, it's still the third division.

Although the football is better and the match day experience has been EXQUISITE the last two seasons.

No, it’s called League One. EFL is the brand name.

Let’s hope we win tonight and put a run together to nip your repetitive material in the bud. See you back on here at 10pm to chat about the performance and the match experience.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Expectations are getting carried away again on 19:11 - Sep 28 with 624 viewsGuthrum

A convincing win is pretty important for tonight, because if we can't reasonably comfortably* beat a low-scoring, bottom-placed team, then we aren't going to see a great deal of success this season. Which would represent a massive underachievement for the squad and manager.

That isn't the same as an expectation that such a win will actually happen (or is even very likely).

* That is without too much trouble, not necessarily by a large margin.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Expectations are getting carried away again on 19:15 - Sep 28 with 599 viewsBlueBadger

Expectations are getting carried away again on 19:11 - Sep 28 by Keaneish

No, it’s called League One. EFL is the brand name.

Let’s hope we win tonight and put a run together to nip your repetitive material in the bud. See you back on here at 10pm to chat about the performance and the match experience.

Oh Keanish. If only Mick had bought you a warm, cheap flat lager.

Expectations are getting carried away again on 19:18 - Sep 28 with 582 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Fair enough. So, to follow your logic, no game is a certainty so we should never expect to win and should, therefore, be quite happy to slip down into the non-leagues without a whimper.

We have the highest invested squad in the league and need to stop playing the opposition up and us down. It is about time we started playing as a team that is good enough to beat anyone in this league and showed fear and reverence to none of them. That isn't the same as we should win every match, but it is we should be going into every game with every expectation that a win is at least a very realistic aim. We should be getting promoted from this league and that means we should be winning more games than we fail to win.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Expectations are getting carried away again on 19:24 - Sep 28 with 557 viewsBurns7

We should beat Doncaster at home.

However, the league table doesn't really lie, even this early on you can kid of see across the leagues who is doing well and who is doing poorly. We don't look like a team good enough to go up this season, which will upset some but we just haven't performed have we?

I can't see Cook last past the season if we don't at least make 7th, and I certainly don't expect him here in a month or two if we're still 4th bottom.
Expectations are getting carried away again on 21:31 - Sep 28 with 486 viewsnoggin

This aged well.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024