Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really hope Cook turns this shocking... 22:01 - Oct 3 with 943 viewsOriginalMarkyP

... form around.

I really do. I'd love him to prove so many of us wrong (me included).

Good luck Paul Cook. I want to see you succeed. But I am all out of faith.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

I really hope Cook turns this shocking... on 22:27 - Oct 3 with 885 viewsskinnybob72

I would also like to see him turn things around, but if you were being harsh you could say that Cook is failing for a second time already in his short time here.

When he came in last season the play-offs were still well within reach. You could even argue that the run in should have made that even more possible in that Town had somehow played all of the top sides home and away by New Year. In the end Town were nowhere near the play-offs.

New season, totally new team and still nowhere near the play-offs - and the fixtures have been fairly kind in the opening 10 games this season.

If you extrapolate Cook's points per game since he came in to a full season I would imagine relegation would be the outcome.
I really hope Cook turns this shocking... on 22:51 - Oct 3 with 843 viewsjayessess

I don't know if I'd call it "faith" precisely, but I still believe there's a chance to turn this around and we've got to play it out.

Beat Shrewsbury and Cambridge, both achievable with some of our September performances and it'll all look a lot more possible.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I really hope Cook turns this shocking... on 23:51 - Oct 3 with 779 viewstimothyeo

Even if he did somehow turn us around into play off contenders, I'm not sure who he'd be proving wrong. He would still have underperformed with this squad, just less so
I really hope Cook turns this shocking... on 08:11 - Oct 4 with 595 viewsMetal_Hacker

I really hope Cook turns this shocking... on 22:51 - Oct 3 by jayessess

I don't know if I'd call it "faith" precisely, but I still believe there's a chance to turn this around and we've got to play it out.

Beat Shrewsbury and Cambridge, both achievable with some of our September performances and it'll all look a lot more possible.

I keep saying this to myself BUT then what after both those games

For someone like me who's the most impatient person in the world this is testing my resolve

He's literally now got until the end of the month for me ,thereafter he can go I'm afraid

Poll: If it were one or the other

I really hope Cook turns this shocking... on 08:18 - Oct 4 with 586 viewsBurns7

We all want him to turn it around, however we have seen nothing in the near 30 games he has had now to run this club to suggest he has the ability to do so.

What's the difference from his previous clubs? Being Wigan (a good club for this league) in League One, during a time the league was weaker than it was now (Bolton got promoted under an embargo for example) was maybe a factor, the same with being a team like Pompey in League Two, a very big fish in a small pond there, and the obvious one is Leam Richardson who is proving that he had a lot more to do with it than we originally thought.

Maybe Paul Cook on his own, in a much stronger third tier than he has experience for, is not a manager nay longer capable of making a great League One side. A lot of the players are the same ones he's used before, years on from when they last did it at this level, it just doesn't bode well. Ipswich should be top 5 in this league bare minimum even if we were relying on academy players, let alone a complete squad overhaul, so maybe he's also recruited the wrong players for this league now? The game changes rapidly these days and maybe we just got him at the wrong time?

It's not happening is it.
I really hope Cook turns this shocking... on 09:11 - Oct 4 with 525 viewsElderGrizzly

I really hope Cook turns this shocking... on 08:18 - Oct 4 by Burns7

We all want him to turn it around, however we have seen nothing in the near 30 games he has had now to run this club to suggest he has the ability to do so.

What's the difference from his previous clubs? Being Wigan (a good club for this league) in League One, during a time the league was weaker than it was now (Bolton got promoted under an embargo for example) was maybe a factor, the same with being a team like Pompey in League Two, a very big fish in a small pond there, and the obvious one is Leam Richardson who is proving that he had a lot more to do with it than we originally thought.

Maybe Paul Cook on his own, in a much stronger third tier than he has experience for, is not a manager nay longer capable of making a great League One side. A lot of the players are the same ones he's used before, years on from when they last did it at this level, it just doesn't bode well. Ipswich should be top 5 in this league bare minimum even if we were relying on academy players, let alone a complete squad overhaul, so maybe he's also recruited the wrong players for this league now? The game changes rapidly these days and maybe we just got him at the wrong time?

It's not happening is it.

It keeps coming back to coaching for me.

We've got a lower Championship level squad, but a coaching set-up from the non-league due to Cook's reluctance to bring in any support.

Our first team coaches are:
- someone who decided he wanted to be a kitman rather than a coach
- someone in their first season as a coach
- someone in the first season as a coach outside the U23 (even if this was Everton)

And no AM to stand up to Cook or question his decisions.

That's entirely of Cook's making and i'd be astonished if Ashton hasn't questioned this directly.
I really hope Cook turns this shocking... on 09:25 - Oct 4 with 474 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I really hope Cook turns this shocking... on 09:11 - Oct 4 by ElderGrizzly

It keeps coming back to coaching for me.

We've got a lower Championship level squad, but a coaching set-up from the non-league due to Cook's reluctance to bring in any support.

Our first team coaches are:
- someone who decided he wanted to be a kitman rather than a coach
- someone in their first season as a coach
- someone in the first season as a coach outside the U23 (even if this was Everton)

And no AM to stand up to Cook or question his decisions.

That's entirely of Cook's making and i'd be astonished if Ashton hasn't questioned this directly.

100%

This reflects my main concerns.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024