Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me 18:01 - Oct 23 with 716 viewsthebooks

it’s all these well organised Fleetwoods and Morecambes who we struggle to break down. If we crack that we’ll fly.

The next few games are tough but I can see us winning all them.
Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:03 - Oct 23 with 702 viewsHerbivore

We've not beaten any of the top teams yet. Our wins have all come against sides in the bottom half.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:04 - Oct 23 with 673 viewspositivity

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:03 - Oct 23 by Herbivore

We've not beaten any of the top teams yet. Our wins have all come against sides in the bottom half.

any positives from today?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:08 - Oct 23 with 634 viewsHerbivore

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:04 - Oct 23 by positivity

any positives from today?

We won, that's a positive. We did so after looking like throwing the game away again, which is also a positive. We've finally managed back to back league wins under Cook, which is also a positive.

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:17 - Oct 23 with 584 viewsElderGrizzly

Wycombe are physical and they are the games we have really struggles against so far.

But win at Plymouth, we’ll go into that game in all sorts of confidence
Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:19 - Oct 23 with 564 viewspositivity

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:17 - Oct 23 by ElderGrizzly

Wycombe are physical and they are the games we have really struggles against so far.

But win at Plymouth, we’ll go into that game in all sorts of confidence

wycombe's tough, won every game at home, i think!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:24 - Oct 23 with 525 viewswkj

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:03 - Oct 23 by Herbivore

We play better against teams who like to play better/open football in my opinion. I have a feeling we may end up showing our full potential against the likes of Sunderland.

They key is the middle, we struggle when teams go ultra defensive against Morsey and Evans. If we encounter teams that want to be more creative in the middle (like Cambridge tried to do) we'll look much more dangerous than we did today.

Granted, we lost 2-2 against Cambridge (intended phrasing), but we were much more free in the middle to help create the two we scored.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:29 - Oct 23 with 489 viewsHerbivore

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:24 - Oct 23 by wkj

We play better against teams who like to play better/open football in my opinion. I have a feeling we may end up showing our full potential against the likes of Sunderland.

They key is the middle, we struggle when teams go ultra defensive against Morsey and Evans. If we encounter teams that want to be more creative in the middle (like Cambridge tried to do) we'll look much more dangerous than we did today.

Granted, we lost 2-2 against Cambridge (intended phrasing), but we were much more free in the middle to help create the two we scored.

The better sides in this league don't necessarily play good football, they just play bad football more effectively than the worse teams. I can't imagine many of the top sides are going to stand off us and let us play.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 18:29]

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:31 - Oct 23 with 459 viewswkj

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:29 - Oct 23 by Herbivore

The better sides in this league don't necessarily play good football, they just play bad football more effectively than the worse teams. I can't imagine many of the top sides are going to stand off us and let us play.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 18:29]

Sunderland will be a good test - they are actually playing pretty good looking footie, as are Wigan. The quality of certain teams this year is way better than the last two seasons. Plymouth will be the benchmark for our squad though - they play tough and smart.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:33 - Oct 23 with 443 viewsHerbivore

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:31 - Oct 23 by wkj

Sunderland will be a good test - they are actually playing pretty good looking footie, as are Wigan. The quality of certain teams this year is way better than the last two seasons. Plymouth will be the benchmark for our squad though - they play tough and smart.

Our upcoming run looks tough on paper. If we carry on picking up 2 points a game over that run of fixtures it will be an impressive feat.

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:35 - Oct 23 with 434 viewsDarth_Koont

We haven’t played the top sides yet. But I agree that doesn’t worry me. Feels like more of an opportunity than a threat as I think we could give any of them trouble and rattle their confidence.

We’ve just got to keep tightening up as a unit and raising the overall performance levels. Which to be fair we’ve been doing.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 18:37]

Pronouns: He/Him

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:39 - Oct 23 with 410 viewsjayessess

Every time this idea comes up it's daft. Good football teams are harder to beat than bad ones, full stop.

Doesn't mean we won't beat them, we are one of the good football teams in this division now, but the idea that we're hamstrung by rubbish opposition is nonsense.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 19:49]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:43 - Oct 23 with 387 viewsDarth_Koont

Weird thing about us is that the top teams don’t bother me on 18:39 - Oct 23 by jayessess

Every time this idea comes up it's daft. Good football teams are harder to beat than bad ones, full stop.

Doesn't mean we won't beat them, we are one of the good football teams in this division now, but the idea that we're hamstrung by rubbish opposition is nonsense.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 19:49]

True – they’re better teams. But no-one really thinks we’re performing or building anything if we beat teams in the lower half.

Playing the better teams, and edging them out, is the only real path to building confidence and momentum.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024