Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road 20:13 - Nov 13 with 3740 viewsCopfordBlue

and show us how a decent manager with the right staff around him can get a team to be more than the sum of its parts.

Cook has recruited well, we have some excellent players but in most games they are under-performing. Moan all you want about Oxford’s time-wasting but what we saw today was a well-organised team, working as a unit and executing their game strategy very well. In contrast we had 11 players with far more talent and technical ability than their opponents but lacking a clear plan.

The current management team won’t get us up this season. We may make the play offs but over 2 games we’ll come up short. There’s no way I could see us beating that Oxford team we saw today over two games. We’d end up feeling we were the better team but bemoaning poor decisions, their time-wasting and general sh*thousery but ultimately we’ll end up losers.

Yes PC has a great track record of promotion out of this league but not with the group of coaches and staff he has assembled. We’re not terrible but nor should we be with the players we have. At the same time though we’re nowhere near as good as we should be. The owners who have invested so much money and us supporters who have invested so much time and endured so much disappointment season after season deserve better than we’re getting.

Cook and his sidekicks aren’t good enough. They are squandering the best (and maybe last) opportunity to turn our club around.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:20 - Nov 13 with 2356 viewswkj

We're at a point where we are expecting a win out of every game, and that simply isn't where we are. PC has a lot more to get right than he has to get wrong in my mind, but now is not the time to judge the season.

If they were going to get rid of Cook, I would have preferred it to have been within the first 10 games, now we're approaching halfway - it's the wrong time entirely. Having seen managers like Roy Keane and Mick McCarhty who almost created a bubble between themselves and the fans, I prefer what we have right now. Cook knows what the fans feel, he knows what we want, and he knows that we hurt - and he manages the club with the fans at the core of his job. On that merit I afford him more patience.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:24 - Nov 13 with 2319 viewshomer_123

As I posted below...oddly the time wasting and sh*thousery is a compliment. They struggled to contain us second half.

And as good as the football was from Oxford in that opening 20 mins...we hit the post twice and looked the more likely to score.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:24 - Nov 13 with 2317 viewsbluefunk

How long has Robinson had to build that team? He’s been there since 2018, so at least 130/140 games. And your comparing him with Cook whose had 17 games.
Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:24 - Nov 13 with 2311 viewsCopfordBlue

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:20 - Nov 13 by wkj

We're at a point where we are expecting a win out of every game, and that simply isn't where we are. PC has a lot more to get right than he has to get wrong in my mind, but now is not the time to judge the season.

If they were going to get rid of Cook, I would have preferred it to have been within the first 10 games, now we're approaching halfway - it's the wrong time entirely. Having seen managers like Roy Keane and Mick McCarhty who almost created a bubble between themselves and the fans, I prefer what we have right now. Cook knows what the fans feel, he knows what we want, and he knows that we hurt - and he manages the club with the fans at the core of his job. On that merit I afford him more patience.

He’ll get more time and results have improved to the point where he should probably get it. I want to be wrong. I’d love to see us click, go on a winning streak and play at the level I think our squad is capable of. I just can’t see it though, it’s not going to end well for him or us.

There are much better coaches and managers than those we have who would love the chance to come to us. Do you think we’d be in a better or worse position with Karl Robinson as manager and his backroom staff rather than those we have?

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:28 - Nov 13 with 2224 viewsMaySixth

Embarassing

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:29 - Nov 13 with 2208 viewsOldboy

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:24 - Nov 13 by CopfordBlue

He’ll get more time and results have improved to the point where he should probably get it. I want to be wrong. I’d love to see us click, go on a winning streak and play at the level I think our squad is capable of. I just can’t see it though, it’s not going to end well for him or us.

There are much better coaches and managers than those we have who would love the chance to come to us. Do you think we’d be in a better or worse position with Karl Robinson as manager and his backroom staff rather than those we have?

Can't he join Cook at our place. He is a Scouser after all.
Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:30 - Nov 13 with 2203 viewsCopfordBlue

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:24 - Nov 13 by bluefunk

How long has Robinson had to build that team? He’s been there since 2018, so at least 130/140 games. And your comparing him with Cook whose had 17 games.

17 games? How do you work that out?

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:32 - Nov 13 with 2173 viewsOldboy

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:30 - Nov 13 by CopfordBlue

This league season with this squad.
Login to get fewer ads

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:34 - Nov 13 with 2145 viewsLeoMuff

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:30 - Nov 13 by CopfordBlue

If I were to guess, they looked at the league table and it said played 17 games.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:35 - Nov 13 with 2135 viewsChurchman

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:20 - Nov 13 by wkj

Cook has performed poorly. People keep going on about his sidekicks/coaches. I’ve no idea what these coaches do and quite frankly I couldn’t care a less. It’s up to PC - he’s accountable whether he employs Richardson or Captain Kremmen.

Had he got sacked after 10 games or by the latest end of October I really don’t think he could have complained. He’s been poor. With our resources we should be better than we are.

But I think we are beyond that now and we should go with it until the seasons end or play offs are not achievable before seeing if we need a change. There are good things happening at the club and I think tearing up the team now would not be the right choice. As it goes, I too prefer the inclusive approach over the siege mentality one beloved by Keane and MM.
Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:35 - Nov 13 with 2122 viewsHerbivore

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:34 - Nov 13 by LeoMuff

If I were to guess, they looked at the league table and it said played 17 games.

Cook hasn't only been in charge this season though, it's simply factually incorrect to say he's only had 17 games.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:38 - Nov 13 with 2098 viewsCopfordBlue

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:32 - Nov 13 by Oldboy

This league season with this squad.

I didn’t realise that that was how it worked. Just as well for Cook because we deteriorated last season after he came in.

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:39 - Nov 13 with 2097 viewswkj

It's still raw, but we aren't running out of time. A team who I feel have had it much worse than us by virtue of dodgy owners is Coventry - it took a long time for them to pick themselves up and heal- it looks like they're making strides now.

As a fan, we've hurt by being in L1 for this long, though most of that was thanks to Marcus Evans who simply didn't know football. I belive in GC20's model, and promotion is a firm when not if for me.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:39 - Nov 13 with 2092 viewsOldboy

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:35 - Nov 13 by Herbivore

Cook hasn't only been in charge this season though, it's simply factually incorrect to say he's only had 17 games.

This squad this league season.
Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:42 - Nov 13 with 2066 viewsLeoMuff

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:35 - Nov 13 by Churchman

Cook has performed poorly. People keep going on about his sidekicks/coaches. I’ve no idea what these coaches do and quite frankly I couldn’t care a less. It’s up to PC - he’s accountable whether he employs Richardson or Captain Kremmen.

Had he got sacked after 10 games or by the latest end of October I really don’t think he could have complained. He’s been poor. With our resources we should be better than we are.

But I think we are beyond that now and we should go with it until the seasons end or play offs are not achievable before seeing if we need a change. There are good things happening at the club and I think tearing up the team now would not be the right choice. As it goes, I too prefer the inclusive approach over the siege mentality one beloved by Keane and MM.

We are top scorers in league1, we have been in play off form since Bolton, we stuffed Wycombe and Portsmouth for 4 away.

we started off poorly as we had an entire new squad, what are you seeing here ? we are clearly one of the best and most exciting teams in the league and with a slight defensive improvement and cutting out badly timed goals we would be the best.

There is no way we should be sacking Cook and no way we will, the evidence is staring out , that he is building an exciting promotion side this season or next.

The only Muff in Town.

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:42 - Nov 13 with 2062 viewsOldboy

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:38 - Nov 13 by CopfordBlue

I didn’t realise that that was how it worked. Just as well for Cook because we deteriorated last season after he came in.

His squad of players. I am not defending him, just saying what all the Cook lovers will tell you.
Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:42 - Nov 13 with 2052 viewsHerbivore

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:39 - Nov 13 by Oldboy

This squad this league season.

Righto. In that case Robinson has also only had 17 games with this squad this league season, as has every manager in the league.

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:52 - Nov 13 with 1954 viewsOldboy

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:42 - Nov 13 by Herbivore

Righto. In that case Robinson has also only had 17 games with this squad this league season, as has every manager in the league.

I am aware of this, thanks. I am neither a Cook inner or outer. Think we are beyond the point of getting rid this season, so might as well wait and see what happens.
The Op thinks that the Oxford manager would do a better job here than Cook. Nobody knows that for sure. I think Cook needs to convince us that he is up to the job. So far I am 60/40.
Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:54 - Nov 13 with 1931 viewsLeoMuff

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:35 - Nov 13 by Herbivore

Is it fair to count the squad he inherited who are mostly now plying their trade in the lower ends of league 2 or are still free agents, and who downed tools when asked would they like to just train a tinsy bit harder ?

The only Muff in Town.

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:57 - Nov 13 with 1913 viewsHerbivore

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:54 - Nov 13 by LeoMuff

Is it fair to count the squad he inherited who are mostly now plying their trade in the lower ends of league 2 or are still free agents, and who downed tools when asked would they like to just train a tinsy bit harder ?

Yes.

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 21:00 - Nov 13 with 1892 viewsParky

Frankly, what a load of shît.
Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 21:05 - Nov 13 with 1859 viewsSitfcB

A lot of words to make a rubbish point.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 21:06 - Nov 13 with 1846 viewsArnieM

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:24 - Nov 13 by homer_123

As I posted below...oddly the time wasting and sh*thousery is a compliment. They struggled to contain us second half.

And as good as the football was from Oxford in that opening 20 mins...we hit the post twice and looked the more likely to score.

At last, a sensible post !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 21:08 - Nov 13 with 1824 viewsOldboy

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 20:57 - Nov 13 by Herbivore

Yes.

It is fair to judge him on all his time here. The Op wants to compare him to the Oxford manager. The Oxford manager hasn't got them out of this league after 100 odd games played in it. Judge Cook against him after the same amount of games. Is that fair?
Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 21:10 - Nov 13 with 1797 viewsHerbivore

Karl Robinson the latest of several managers to come to Portman Road on 21:08 - Nov 13 by Oldboy

It is fair to judge him on all his time here. The Op wants to compare him to the Oxford manager. The Oxford manager hasn't got them out of this league after 100 odd games played in it. Judge Cook against him after the same amount of games. Is that fair?

No.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024